Just something to think about.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
8 online friends have passed. 4 I was close to. 1 I knew for a long time but didn't get to know her as well as the others. 3 I posted at the same board with off and on over the years and did chat with them from time to time.

You never know what tomorrow..or even tonight..will bring. Words left unsaid, and never able to remedy that. This morning, another one is gone.

When you spend a lot of time on a message board, you get to "know" people just by their posts. Never met, never spoke to on the phone, didn't know them as well as you would have if they were part of your life in person. And some..you did meet, or spoke to often or maybe not often, did know their families names, their kids, their loved ones, their pets...because they shared all that during those years on the internet in the same small corner you shared with them. Social life does exist on the interwebs...and life also ends.

Just something to muse over.

RIP XXXXX. I will miss your gentleness.

candle.jpg

8 online friends have passed. 4 I was close to. 1 I knew for a long time but didn't get to know her as well as the others. 3 I posted at the same board with off and on over the years and did chat with them from time to time.

You never know what tomorrow..or even tonight..will bring. Words left unsaid, and never able to remedy that. This morning, another one is gone.

When you spend a lot of time on a message board, you get to "know" people just by their posts. Never met, never spoke to on the phone, didn't know them as well as you would have if they were part of your life in person. And some..you did meet, or spoke to often or maybe not often, did know their families names, their kids, their loved ones, their pets...because they shared all that during those years on the internet in the same small corner you shared with them. Social life does exist on the interwebs...and life also ends.

Just something to muse over.

RIP XXXXX. I will miss your gentleness.

My sincere condolences, Gracie.
Online friends do not differ much from the real ones - in the realm of emotional involvement. Sometimes they actually are closer than the real ones...

So sorry for your losses Gracie. You are right, you never know what tomorrow brings and you'd hate your last words to someone to be nasty ones. At least I would as I'm sure others would too.

Forum List

Back