Kamala the Green Queen stated clearly in the 2019 debates "Yes I'm in favor of banning fracking".

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
But now Kamala says she wouldn't ban fracking. Of course because she is trying to win Pennsylvania so she is lying her ass off. She has always been anti-Oil everyone knows it. But when you're a Democrat, your record and your true beliefs suddenly disappear in an election year.

i hope she still opposes fracking.

as long as the oil companies refuse to tell us what they are injecting ("company secret" must NEVER apply to environmental destruction.) and prove they are neither poisoning aquifers (they are) nor causing earthquakes (i don't know, but seems reasonable) i don't see why suck p0rocesses are allowed.

similar arguments apply to offshore drilling. that has changed since deepwater horizon.

and before you start whining, i think gasoline is FAR too CHEAP compared to the destruction caused by the extraction , refinery, and use of petroleum.

But now Kamala says she wouldn't ban fracking. Of course because she is trying to win Pennsylvania so she is lying her ass off. She has always been anti-Oil everyone knows it. But when you're a Democrat, your record and your true beliefs suddenly disappear in an election year.

Personally I'm against fracking.

Celebrating fracking is big with MAGA and other low information voters.

But in Pennsylvania?

Poll: Majority of Pa. residents want fracking to end

The clean energy industry performed much better, with 69% of voters viewing it favorably, and only 18% viewing it unfavorably​

Pennsylvanians Strongly Support a Crackdown on Fracking. Will Allegheny County Deliver?

Last month, a forum of more than 100 community members gathered outside the City-County building in Pittsburgh to urge the Allegheny County Council to pass Bill 12162-22, an ordinance that would ban fracking and other industrial and commercial activities in county parks. During the hearing that followed, the group orated in favor of the bill, citing serious environmental and public health harms known to be caused by fracking and the severe climate toll of natural gas drilling.

The strong public show of support for the Allegheny County parks fracking ban reflects a broader, statewide souring on fracking.

Research and solutions for a stronger Appalachia

Update
: In a resounding victory for Pennsylvanians and a vindication of public will, Allegheny County Council voted 12-3 to override County Executive Rich Fitzgerald’s veto, codifying the ban on fracking and other industrial activities in county parks. The override vote, which notably passed by an even greater margin than the council’s initial 11-4 vote in favor of the ban, marks the first time in Fitzgerald’s three terms that council has reversed one of his vetoes.

as long as the oil companies refuse to tell us what they are injecting ("company secret" must NEVER apply to environmental destruction.) and prove they are neither poisoning aquifers (they are) nor causing earthquakes (i don't know, but seems reasonable) i don't see why suck p0rocesses are allowed.

similar arguments apply to offshore drilling. that has changed since deepwater horizon.

and before you start whining, i think gasoline is FAR too CHEAP compared to the destruction caused by the extraction , refinery, and use of petroleum.
She does

usmb fracking image 1.jpg

BP has never been a good oil Company.

BP has never been a good oil Company.
Is there such a good thing, in a world where increasing profits run roughshod over everything? When is enough, enough? What about companies that are good civic partners? They do exist, but Big Oil?

usmb fracking image 3.jpg

The water used for fracturing is often too contaminated to return to its source without extensive treatment, so it's usually disposed of deep underground. This can exacerbate fracking's impact on water supplies.

About 90.0% of the frac fluid mixture is water and 9.5% is sand. The remaining 0.5% consists of chemical additives.

Is there such a good thing, in a world where increasing profits run roughshod over everything? When is enough, enough? What about companies that are good civic partners? They do exist, but Big Oil?

View attachment 1000747

BP is very different. They don't care about safety.

Saudi Aramco is the best, safest most well integrated oil company in the world.

Forum List

Back