Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024

Kendrick Lamar headlines Super Bowl LIX's halftime show​

Super Bowl LIX will take place in New Orleans​

By Ryan Gaydos Fox News
Published September 8, 2024 12:30pm EDT
1725824503103.png

We told them this guy was #1 on Billboard Hot 100 all spring and all summer

He made the music industry billions. Now he gets the superbowl. The young people today would have it no other way. This music of his is what they are Jamin to.

The old people don't like it, but they old

young people love his music

Last edited:
I always appreciate it when the haltime show gives me a great reason to head out of the house for more beer and snacks.
I expected that from you. Kendrick Lamar kept that money flowing throughout the music industry and all over Youtube. He earned the Super Bowl.

Kendrick Lamar headlines Super Bowl LIX's halftime show​

Super Bowl LIX will take place in New Orleans​

By Ryan Gaydos Fox News
Published September 8, 2024 12:30pm EDT
View attachment 1008393

You know how to bypass the paywall? Fox is blocking me from viewing the content.

You know how to bypass the paywall? Fox is blocking me from viewing the content.
This is what it says...

"Rap music is still the most impactful genre to date. And I’ll be there to remind the world why. They got the right one," Lamar said in a news release.

Lamar is considered one of the greatest hip-hop acts of all time, and he solidified that during the summer in a rap feud with Drake. But the back-and-forth between this generation’s top rappers is only the tip of the iceberg for Lamar’s discography.

He’s accumulated 17 Grammy Award wins and became the first non-classical, non-jazz musician to win a Pulitzer Prize for his album "DAMN." His last album, "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers," was released in 2022.

Kendrick Lamar in Texas

Kendrick Lamar performs Friday, Oct. 6, 2023, at Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin. (Briana Sanchez / American-Statesman / USA TODAY NETWORK)
A LOOK AT TOM BRADY'S JOURNEY TO THE BROADCAST BOOTH AHEAD OF HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT

Lamar’s "Not Like Us" spent two weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Jay-Z, the founder of Roc Nation, called Lamar a "once-in-a-generation" artist and performer.

"His deep love for hip-hop and culture informs his artistic vision," Jay-Z said. "He has an unparalleled ability to define and influence culture globally. Kendrick’s work transcends music, and his impact will be felt for years to come."

This is what it says...

"Rap music is still the most impactful genre to date. And I’ll be there to remind the world why. They got the right one," Lamar said in a news release.

Lamar is considered one of the greatest hip-hop acts of all time, and he solidified that during the summer in a rap feud with Drake. But the back-and-forth between this generation’s top rappers is only the tip of the iceberg for Lamar’s discography.

He’s accumulated 17 Grammy Award wins and became the first non-classical, non-jazz musician to win a Pulitzer Prize for his album "DAMN." His last album, "Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers," was released in 2022.

Kendrick Lamar in Texas

Kendrick Lamar performs Friday, Oct. 6, 2023, at Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin. (Briana Sanchez / American-Statesman / USA TODAY NETWORK)
A LOOK AT TOM BRADY'S JOURNEY TO THE BROADCAST BOOTH AHEAD OF HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT

Lamar’s "Not Like Us" spent two weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Jay-Z, the founder of Roc Nation, called Lamar a "once-in-a-generation" artist and performer.

"His deep love for hip-hop and culture informs his artistic vision," Jay-Z said. "He has an unparalleled ability to define and influence culture globally. Kendrick’s work transcends music, and his impact will be felt for years to come."
"Greatest hip-hop acts of all time" = tallest dwarf.

Forum List

Back