Kim's Convenience.

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
So, I no longer have Netflix, and I won't get to see the last season, oh well.

I used to really like this sitcom from the CBC. Canada is known to be a bit more liberal than the states, but the immigrant men in this show, definitely had some conservative attitudes.

That. . . tension, and the fact it came from minorities in a liberal/social state, made the show, very interesting.

Now? Turns out the show is getting cancelled, because, well, the entertainment bureaucracy, in Canada, which, is supposedly progressive, is, well, racist and backward in it's treatment of minorities.

It is a total shit-show up there. The neighbors up north had a hit on their hands, but due to work place turf wars, and ineptitude, they let it slip away. Insanity.

Hollywood dreams of making such a minority hit. :rolleyes: A perfect blend of traditionalism with Progressivism, and they let their own white privledge ruin it.

. . . oh, the irony.

Kim's Convenience star Jean Yoon details 'painful' experience working on Canadian sitcom due to lack of Korean writers​

This is the inside scoop. (Complete at link.)
https://www.facebook.com/seems.liu?...Ry6_wxEcbcxhwt5eFPVOUEC6qJ9qwB8Y&__tn__=<,P-R

Simu Liu

SeftsSJmunpeo 2nr atSSrsomrSei g8il:S11d eAaM ·

"Season 5 of Kim's Convenience comes out on Netflix today, and I'm feeling a host of emotions right now. It is, of course, our last season, thanks to a decision by our producers not to continue the show after the departure of two showrunners. There's been a lot of talk and speculation about what happened, and I want to do my best to give accurate information, so I'll itemize my thoughts below: "

Forum List

Back