Krysten Sinema sees filibuster as essential for her to stay politically relevant!

Poster’s Note: The names “Sinema” and “Manchin” are interchangeable here ;)
WASHINGTON—Arguing the procedure was an invaluable legislative tradition that she would be hard pressed to do away with, Sen Krysten Sinema (D-AZ) defended the Senate filibuster Friday as necessary for her to stay politically relevant.​
“For years, the Senate filibuster has been a critical tool that senators like myself have used in order to propel ourselves out of obscurity and into the spotlight,” said Sinema, adding that the ability to delay or block a bill protected a time-honored system in the United States government that had given her undue power based on a lack of proportional representation.”​
“I admit our government has problems, but permitting Republicans to take the Senate floor to stymie a piece of legislation, which results in Krysten Sinema becoming the most talked-about senator in the news, is not one of them. Perhaps my Democratic colleagues should consider becoming relevant themselves, rather than removing the system that allowed my success.”​
At press time, Sinema argued that the best way to protect democracy was not by eliminating the filibuster, but rather by continuing to give her attention again and again.​

The only thing worse than the current filibuster is getting rid of the current filibuster.

Forum List

Back