Labour halts Tory law on "freedom of speech" in English universities

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

This is good news. The law is not about free speech. It was ll about forcing students to platform right wing nutters at their university.
Nobody needs to hear from misoginistuc ar racist shits at college. If they were wanted the students would have invited them. To threaten students with fines for not inviting them is a sinister authoritarian move by a hate party.
And now its gone and the students can breath fresh air again.
Its incredible to think this was a priority for cons in our bear bankrupt universities, They arent serious people and we are well rid of them.

This is good news. The law is not about free speech. It was ll about forcing students to platform right wing nutters at their university.
Nobody needs to hear from misoginistuc ar racist shits at college. If they were wanted the students would have invited them. To threaten students with fines for not inviting them is a sinister authoritarian move by a hate party.
Its incredible to think this was a priority for cons in our bear bankrupt universities, They arent serious people and we are well rid of them.
1722018539905.png

That is a photo of a shameful episode when the England team were forced by the FA to heil hitler in Berlin in 1936 I believe.
Im not sure what point you are making. This law would have given hitler a platform in our univeraities.
Now it will not.
your labour party has become Hitler.

damn shame you don't see it.

I always think it's better to let these scumbags debate in places like the Oxford Union but many wouldn't have the balls, this is one example when Galloway debated with Tory warmongers at the Oxford Union wally Wallace was a no show so he was replaced by his stooge.

I always think it's better to let these scumbags debate in places like the Oxford Union but many wouldn't have the balls, this is one example when Galloway debated with Tory warmongers at the Oxford Union wally Wallace was a no show so he was replaced by his stooge.

I diverge from you there. I think they should be kicked to fuck wherever they show face.
Look at the mess in the US where they indulge fascism.

I diverge from you there. I think they should be kicked to fuck wherever they show face.
Look at the mess in the US where they indulge fascism.
The fascists have crawled out of the swamp in London today with that fascist Robinson.

There’s also no First Amendment in the UK, no ‘right’ to ‘free speech’; the people of the UK alone determine the limits of speech through the democratic process and elections, as expressed via their elected representatives and the laws they enact – or repeal.

Consequently, prohibiting rightwing hate speech on college campuses doesn’t violate anything, it’s lawful as codified by the will of the people.

Labourites hate Freedom of Speech that much, they're Communist, just like you Tommy shit pissing graving Tit.

There’s also no First Amendment in the UK, no ‘right’ to ‘free speech’; the people of the UK alone determine the limits of speech through the democratic process and elections, as expressed via their elected representatives and the laws they enact – or repeal.

Consequently, prohibiting rightwing hate speech on college campuses doesn’t violate anything, it’s lawful as codified by the will of the people.
Its all about giving deplorable people a platform and fining people who dont. I am sure that they would get a hearing in some colleges.. But it i wrong to punish students who just want to provide an evenings discussion for their peers.
Hate speech is not valid and should not be platformed.

Labour going right to goosestepping

Clayton admires the British because the government outlaws speech it disagrees with.

For sure the best way to educate people is to allow them to read, hear, experience only what the government wants them to read, hear, experience. The only truth allowed is what the government dictates is truth.

Is anybody foolish enough to believe this?

Can you not see how that is NOT education at all but rather indoctrination, mind control, suspension of all liberty, totalitarianism?

For sure the best way to educate people is to allow them to read, hear, experience only what the government wants them to read, hear, experience. The only truth allowed is what the government dictates is truth.

Is anybody foolish enough to believe this?

Can you not see how that is NOT education at all but rather indoctrination, mind control, suspension of all liberty, totalitarianism?
No . Students should platform whoever they want. Not who they are told to platform.
To be honest if they are politically active in college they must be oddballs anyway.

No . Students should platform whoever they want. Not who they are told to platform.
To be honest if they are politically active in college they must be oddballs anyway.
When I was in college, they still believed in education. We had speakers of every possible stripe invited to campus--a proponent of the KKK, a Russian communist and other Marxists, Birchers, left wing, right wing, whatever is in the middle etc. Students were encouraged, sometimes ordered, to attend those presentation and later in class the content would be discussed, analyzed, mulled over, contemplated, usually followed by written impressions by the students. The professor's role was not to be pro or con but rather to make sure all the components were included and considered.

The students treated ALL these speakers, even the ones with whom they most vehemently disagreed, with the utmost courtesy and respect. To do anything else would have received swift and certain retribution by university authorities. The principle of free speech and the liberty of free and open thought and expression were in full force. (I don't think it would have occurred to any of us to be rude to an invited guest anyway. Different time. Different and in my opinion much more beneficial culture.)

I don't believe a single student from that era went on to be a fanatical leftwinger, rightwinger or anything else other than a responsible, competent, productive citizen of the USA who was an asset to his/her family, neighborhood, community, state, and country.

And we all got an excellent education.

Forum List

Back