Lakerland

I was stupid enough to think the Lakers would win it this year lol. I still think if they get into the playoffs they could be dangerous.

Are they even going to make it there? LA is 4 games behind the 8th seed Houston Rockets, and LA is 12th in the West I believe. Alot of teams will have to start playing terrible for LA to make it.

I was stupid enough to think the Lakers would win it this year lol. I still think if they get into the playoffs they could be dangerous.

Are they even going to make it there? LA is 4 games behind the 8th seed Houston Rockets, and LA is 12th in the West I believe. Alot of teams will have to start playing terrible for LA to make it.

Even after their "team" meeting, they come out and play uninspired ball against Memphis. This bunch is in trouble, they are old and have wrong pieces.

Even after their "team" meeting, they come out and play uninspired ball against Memphis. This bunch is in trouble, they are old and have wrong pieces.

Everyone thought the Pau Gasol/Dwight Howard front court would cause holy hell but instead it is a total disaster, I have to admit I never saw that coming.

Everyone thought the Pau Gasol/Dwight Howard front court would cause holy hell but instead it is a total disaster, I have to admit I never saw that coming.

Gasoft? I did. I also foresaw the problems when Kobe was bragging that it was his team and not Howard's team. That told me he had way too much ego invested to make it work.

I don't. I knew they had no shot during last year's playoffs too. How is and old Kobe jacking 25 shots from two feet inside the three point line a recipe for success?

I did think that there prospects were at least increased with the arrival of Dwight. But I forgot to figure that Jim Buss was going to be too stupid trade Gasol for the right pieces.

He's been doing it his whole career, and he has 5 rings to show for it.

It will be interesting to see what they can get for Gasol. The Lakers main problem is they have nobody coming of the bench. If they can get two or more decent players for him, that may help them a lot. I think at this point it's fair to say they'll try to trade him.

I don't. I knew they had no shot during last year's playoffs too. How is and old Kobe jacking 25 shots from two feet inside the three point line a recipe for success?

I did think that there prospects were at least increased with the arrival of Dwight. But I forgot to figure that Jim Buss was going to be too stupid trade Gasol for the right pieces.

That's the retarded math way to look at it. By that math, I could tell you how great Robert Horry was.

He won 3 rings riding Shaq's nuts. And then he won 2 more which he never would have won had KG not injured his knee.

Even when Kobe was in his prime and jacking up shots and scoring 35, the team wasn't making the playoffs. He's not that good. He doesn't will victories despite retarded folklore.

And btw in the 2010 Finals, Kobe was 7-28 in Game 7. It took a series of bull shit calls, including the most obvious not calling Gasol for a travel after landing on his shot in the final 2 minutes of the game.

There's a reason that his MVP ended up being a lifetime achievement award and not a real MVP.

Also, do you know how many times, Kobe has been blown out by 25 plus in playoff close-out games? It's embarrassing. Bird, Jordan, Magic never seemed to have that problem.

That's the retarded math way to look at it. By that math, I could tell you how great Robert Horry was.

He won 3 rings riding Shaq's nuts. And then he won 2 more which he never would have won had KG not injured his knee.

Even when Kobe was in his prime and jacking up shots and scoring 35, the team wasn't making the playoffs. He's not that good. He doesn't will victories despite retarded folklore.

And btw in the 2010 Finals, Kobe was 7-28 in Game 7. It took a series of bull shit calls, including the most obvious not calling Gasol for a travel after landing on his shot in the final 2 minutes of the game.

There's a reason that his MVP ended up being a lifetime achievement award and not a real MVP.

Also, do you know how many times, Kobe has been blown out by 25 plus in playoff close-out games? It's embarrassing. Bird, Jordan, Magic never seemed to have that problem.

That game 7 is a big time stain on his career, as far as I concerned, even though he had 15 rebounds. Jordan would have never laid an egg like that in the biggest game of his career.

Kobe has only missed the playoffs one season in his career. What was KG going to do? The guy made the western conference finals one time when he was on the wolves. He was a failure out West. Other than the one year the Celtics beat the lakers, he's been Kobe's bitch. The fact is he played a major role on 5 championship teams, you can't take that away from him.

That game 7 is a big time stain on his career, as far as I concerned, even though he had 15 rebounds. Jordan would have never laid an egg like that in the biggest game of his career.

Kobe has only missed the playoffs one season in his career. What was KG going to do? The guy made the western conference finals one time when he was on the wolves. He was a failure out West. Other than the one year the Celtics beat the lakers, he's been Kobe's bitch. The fact is he played a major role on 5 championship teams, you can't take that away from him.

Yes, KG only made the conference finals in Minnie. But he was consistently having 50 win seasons with a cast of nobodies. Give Kobe a cast of nobodies and he gets the 8 seed or no playoffs.

The 08 Celts dominated the league and the Lakers and in 09 they were paced to repeat. There's no doubt about that. KG blowing out his knee obviously changed everything. Even in 2010, with him not fully recovered, they still almost won it all.

Kobe's a good player. He'd probably crack my top 30. But my point is that he's also a very selfish player and his ability to elevate a team is very limited and often even detrimental to success given certain circumstances.

Where I give him credit, is as a supplementary player (a Scottie Pippen). Were he not a high 1B to Shaq's 1A, then Shaq probably would have pulled down just one ring in LA. Also, I give him credit for staying fit to still be a threat as he gets on in years. To average 25 plus at age 34 is an accomplishment, even if you're ball hogging.

It will be interesting to see what they can get for Gasol. The Lakers main problem is they have nobody coming of the bench. If they can get two or more decent players for him, that may help them a lot. I think at this point it's fair to say they'll try to trade him.
Gasol is now coming off the bench.

So now their bench is scoring! :eusa_angel:

And Dallas is not one of them.

Dallas is deep enough that they could go on a good win streak and make a playoff run. Whether they will or not, I don't know. They're not a great defensive team. That'll work against them.

I'll do a sig bet with anyone, I'm taking the lakers making the playoffs.

Forum List

Back