Lakerland

Fuck! I just found out the Lakers are going to lose their next game.

They play Sunday morning at 10am (pst) in Detroit.

They historically do not play well in morning games.

It's not a bad bet. I'll think about it. I got a lot going on. Not overly worried about the C's Lakers right now. I just plan on enjoying the game mostly. They both suck though. LOL
If you accept and lose, this will be your avatar...

I'll take the bet. It'll be official if you say you accept before tip-off. It'll be null and void otherwise.

Here's the avi you'd have to use for a week.

bostonceltics.jpg

I'll take the bet. It'll be official if you say you accept before tip-off. It'll be null and void otherwise.

Here's the avi you'd have to use for a week.

bostonceltics.jpg
Now that we have no centers, you wanna exploit the situation in Lakerland?

I guess your team is going to put its best "foot" forward?

Alright, I'll take the bet! And for the following reasons:
  • If Kobe dunks on the Celtics like he did against the Nets, the crowd will be demoralized and go home early.
  • With every center we lose, we're that much closer to a "7 seconds or less" offense and that is bad news for the Celtic elderly.
  • KG will be a non-factor because of "conflicted allegience issues", as a result of trade rumors to an LA team.
Plus, there's a chance Howard might decide to play after Kobe called him a pussy in a recent interview.

^^^
LOL.

1. That was an old man dunk. He was well within the circle and the rotation was late.
2. The Lakers were playing way better with Gasol taking Howard's spot. Even if they do end up getting better w/o Gasol and Howard (and that's very doubtful), it'd be a long term proposition.
3. KG hates everyone he plays against. And he's definitely got no love for the Lakers.
4. Howard don't wanna make the playoffs at this point. A reporter asked if he's been trying to talk Howard into staying, and instead of answering the question, he just said that Howard needed to "focus" on being a defensive anchor so that they could make the playoffs.

Howard at this point is just like bitch! I ain't your bitch! Get me the damn ball already ball hog!

And now Kobe is talking about just enjoying his last year on his contract, trying to play games in the media too. Howard ain't playing for Kobe's glory.

^^^
LOL.

1. That was an old man dunk. He was well within the circle and the rotation was late.
2. The Lakers were playing way better with Gasol taking Howard's spot. Even if they do end up getting better w/o Gasol and Howard (and that's very doubtful), it'd be a long term proposition.
3. KG hates everyone he plays against. And he's definitely got no love for the Lakers.
4. Howard don't wanna make the playoffs at this point. A reporter asked if he's been trying to talk Howard into staying, and instead of answering the question, he just said that Howard needed to "focus" on being a defensive anchor so that they could make the playoffs.

Howard at this point is just like bitch! I ain't your bitch! Get me the damn ball already ball hog!

And now Kobe is talking about just enjoying his last year on his contract, trying to play games in the media too. Howard ain't playing for Kobe's glory.

Howard and Kobe is not a good match, and it appears to me Howard is too much of a pussy to stand up to him. Howard is not even close to being half the man and player Shaq was.

"What does Kobe Bryant and Bill Russell have in common?"​
(Hint: Game 7 of the '69 Finals)

Any fan back at that time will remember the incident (that has now become part
of NBA folklore) and any Laker or Celtic fan back at that time, will never forget it.​

You gotta love James Worthy's comment regarding the Garden's organ player during an interview the past couple days.

He said, "Tell that organ player to shut the hell up! This ain't the 60's anymore! He's always playing that damn thing! I hate that organ!"

You gotta love James Worthy's comment regarding the Garden's organ player during an interview the past couple days.

He said, "Tell that organ player to shut the hell up! This ain't the 60's anymore! He's always playing that damn thing! I hate that organ!"

I remember the time in Houston that James Worthy couldn't play because he had been arrested for soliciting a prostitute. Classic!

With 2 minutes left in the half, the Lakers need to start knocking some bodys to the floor. They need to get ultra-physical with the Celtics. That's how you beat people in front of the ones they love. With an ole' fashion beat down!

That's why my favorite player of all-time was Chamberlain. The Celtics never could stop him. He just did whatever he pleased. He imposed his will and there wasn't a damn thing any of them could do about it.

Last edited:
With 2 minutes left in the half, the Lakers need to start knocking some bodys to the floor. They need to get ultra-physical with the Celtics. That's how you beat people in front of the ones they love. With an ole' fashion beat down!

That's why my favorite player of all-time was Chamberlain. The Celtics never could stop him. He just did whatever he pleased. He imposed his will and there wasn't a damn thing any of them could do about it.

Russell contained him.

Russell contained him.
The Wilt - Russell rivalry can be summed up this way:
  1. the times when Wilt beat Russell
  2. the times when Russell beat Wilt
  3. the times when Wilt took Russell to school and made him look like a little baby out there
What you call "containment", was Wilt having an off-night.

One thing is for sure, there wasn't anyone in the NBA, that was ever able to stop Wilt.

I loved Howard knocking that little Celtic fucker to the floor!

If someone comes into your office without asking permission first, you remind them who owns that key!

Russell contained him.
The Wilt - Russell rivalry can be summed up this way:
  1. the times when Wilt beat Russell
  2. the times when Russell beat Wilt
  3. the times when Wilt took Russell to school and made him look like a little baby out there
What you call "containment", was Wilt having an off-night.

One thing is for sure, there wasn't anyone in the NBA, that was ever able to stop Wilt.

Check out their head to head stats and then their team records vs. each other. Your argument doesn't even pass the sniff test.

Forum List

Back