Lakerland

Howard is in a bad spot now, if he takes a game off due to injury, Kobe is all over him and so is the press, so now he plays hurt and helps no one.

This team is a terrible mix, Nash, Howard, Kobe, Gasol. I expected a better team, this is a disaster for the Lakers. It might be time to rebuild.

I have been watching the NBA for almost 20 years and I have never seen a situation like this, a team mate calling out an injured team mate to play? Jesus. Howard and Kobe are just so different in every aspect it seems, from their attitude towards basketball to their personal lives. Howard just doesn't have that killer instinct that Kobe has, Kobe wants to win a championship this year, time is running out. Howard wants to get healthy and is thinking about the future, Howard knows they are not winning this year. TERRIBLE combination.

Howard isn't adapting to Kobe and his style and type of play. Kobe knows his window is closing. Howard has to be concerned about his health and future and isn't going to risk injury now for the future.

I have seen teams with bad chemistry, and this is it and I'm not sure it can be fixed with winning?

I remember when the Lakers first got Howard and Nash, people were thinking instant championship, now it looks like they will miss the playoffs. I am in awe that this team is that bad.

I have been watching the NBA for almost 20 years and I have never seen a situation like this, a team mate calling out an injured team mate to play? Jesus. Howard and Kobe are just so different in every aspect it seems, from their attitude towards basketball to their personal lives. Howard just doesn't have that killer instinct that Kobe has, Kobe wants to win a championship this year, time is running out. Howard wants to get healthy and is thinking about the future, Howard knows they are not winning this year. TERRIBLE combination.

Howard isn't adapting to Kobe and his style and type of play. Kobe knows his window is closing. Howard has to be concerned about his health and future and isn't going to risk injury now for the future.

I have seen teams with bad chemistry, and this is it and I'm not sure it can be fixed with winning?

I remember when the Lakers first got Howard and Nash, people were thinking instant championship, now it looks like they will miss the playoffs. I am in awe that this team is that bad.

I wasn't. Young Kobe couldn't do it with Shaq, Malone, Payton. But, I thought Howard would make them more competitive. I had figured at this stage in his career, Kobe would be willing to sacrifice a little ego. I was totally wrong. As I previously stated, I figured they'd trade Gasol for a couple better pieces that fit too.

^^^

I did see the warning signs in the previous season that Kobe was not open to training a successor. I also saw the writing on the wall during the preseason when Kobe stressed 'of course it's my team.' I realized then that he was not mature enough to make it work.

I doubt that would ever happen. Love is nowhere near the talent of Kobe but he has heart and that is something you don't see a lot of in the NBA anymore.
There's a chance he may just walk at the end of the season, if they can't get on the same page with a new contract.

I doubt that would ever happen. Love is nowhere near the talent of Kobe but he has heart and that is something you don't see a lot of in the NBA anymore.
There's a chance he may just walk at the end of the season, if they can't get on the same page with a new contract.

Love got 26-13 last year and 20-15 the year before and he's entering the prime of his career. No other NBA player has put up numbers like that the last two seasons.

Against midgets.
Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Walt Bellamy, Nate Thurmond, Elvin Hayes, Lew Alcindor, Tom Boerwinkle, Rudy La Russo, Bob Lanier and Neil Walk, were not midgets.

In general, Wilt was playing against 6'6" (or smaller) centers. Some of those guys you mention, came after his prime when he had already put up his ungodly numbers.

The Lakers bench is god awful and Howard is playing like hot garbage, Gasol going down was the worst thing that could happen to them.

Forum List

Back