Lakerland

some people say the nuggets won the melo trade.

They are very, very good, however you need an elite player or at least an all star to put you in the championship contention. The Nuggets will never be able to beat OKC, the Clippers or the Spurs in the West, come playoff time you need a guy who can take over a game someone like Paul Pierce, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony etc etc

You only need an elite player b/c the NBA markets them and the refs referee accordingly. I think if a team is deep enough then they can break the mold. The Spurs and Pistons did so; even though you could argue they had elite players. But not the so-called superstars the league caters to.

I do think that teams need a closer. Someone who can be counted upon to create and make their own shot during the last six minutes of the game. And the way the NBA is now officiated, it needs to be a wing player. Gallinari shows flashes of being able to do that at least on a limited basis. And Lawson is able to pick-up some of the slack.

The Spurs always had at least 2 or 3 all stars, Manu, Duncan, and Parker. The Pistons won when Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace, and Rip Hamilton were playing at an all star level. So far no team without an all star has won a championship in recent memory, if the Nuggets find themselves in a 7 game series against OKC a closer like Paul Pierce could REALLY come up big for them, they don't have that right now.I like Galo and Lawson, but it just feels like Nuggets just need that star to put them over the top.

No chance.

Spurs are way deeper and they a championship pedigree. I don't know what league you're watching.

No way in hell Stern allows that to happen. The Spurs will literally have to play perfect basketball to have a chance, the closest team to beating Miami was last years Celtics and they were raped by the officials.

It'll be a terribly officiated series. David Stern sports a deep roster. I imagine these refs would officiate in a seven game Finals:

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Monty McCutchen - 2 Games
Derrick Stafford - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre
Dick Bavetta
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men

Spurs are way deeper and they a championship pedigree. I don't know what league you're watching.

No way in hell Stern allows that to happen. The Spurs will literally have to play perfect basketball to have a chance, the closest team to beating Miami was last years Celtics and they were raped by the officials.

It'll be a terribly officiated series. David Stern sports a deep roster. I imagine these refs would officiate in a seven game Finals:

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre -
Dick Bavetta
Eddie Rush
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men

The Crawfords and Dick Bavetta are total goons, straight up company men. The Spurs have a chance even in that scenario but like I said they literally have to play straight up perfect basketball because Miami is going to get all the calls they want, Boston showed us last year all it takes is one badly officiated game to throw a series, Game 2 of the conference finals last year pretty much sealed the deal for Miami.

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre -
Dick Bavetta
Eddie Rush
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men

The Crawfords and Dick Bavetta are total goons, straight up company men. The Spurs have a chance even in that scenario but like I said they literally have to play straight up perfect basketball because Miami is going to get all the calls they want, Boston showed us last year all it takes is one badly officiated game to throw a series, Game 2 of the conference finals last year pretty much sealed the deal for Miami.

You get three guys that even just subtly call it in one team's favor; it's going to pay dividends over 48 minutes. That's how the Heat appear to be much more dominant than they really are.

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre -
Dick Bavetta
Eddie Rush
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men

You get three guys that even just subtly call it in one team's favor; it's going to pay dividends over 48 minutes. That's how the Heat appear to be much more dominant than they really are.

Sometimes its just a bad call or 2, that can change a series. Dwayne Wade Ninja kicking Garnett in overtime in Game 2 and When Rondo was fouled on a 3 point play and no one called it, thats all it took.

The spurs are too old to beat OKC in the playoffs.They're a team that has always been great in the regular season, but the playoffs is a different story. Their time is up.

NBA teams data comparison - HispanosNBA.com

Average Age
Heat - 30.4
Spurs - 27.9
Thunder - 25.9

really dude? Two of the Spurs top three are old and can't contribute what is needed for them to win a championship. If the spurs haven't won a chapionship in the last five years, what makes you think they'll win it this year? Face it, their time is done.

The spurs are too old to beat OKC in the playoffs.They're a team that has always been great in the regular season, but the playoffs is a different story. Their time is up.

Average Age
Heat - 30.4
Spurs - 27.9
Thunder - 25.9

really dude? Two of the Spurs top three are old and can't contribute what is needed for them to win a championship. If the spurs haven't won a chapionship in the last five years, what makes you think they'll win it this year? Face it, their time is done.

To be fair the team the Spurs has now is better than any one they had since they last won a championship, I do think they are missing a center though. That would put them over the top. Add Tyson Chandler to the Spurs and they win the championship this year.

Average Age
Heat - 30.4
Spurs - 27.9
Thunder - 25.9

To be fair the team the Spurs has now is better than any one they had since they last won a championship, I do think they are missing a center though. That would put them over the top. Add Tyson Chandler to the Spurs and they win the championship this year.
False. They're older, meaning worse.

False. They're older, meaning worse.

Older? Alot of those guys are in their 20s, I think Manu and Timmy are the oldest ones. The Spurs are kicking everones asses right now, I wish my Celtics were like them.

Average Age
Heat - 30.4
Spurs - 27.9
Thunder - 25.9

You're talking about Tim Duncan, who was in the MVP race before he missed some games and Ginobili who shot a career high FG percent just last year?

As for the Spurs last five year; let's review.

2008: Won the first game in the conference finals and then were up 20 in the fourth quarter in LA when all of the sudden Fisher and Kobe and company were allowed to rape the shiz out of Parker and Ginobili every time they drove. Admittedly, the wheels fell of the bus after that. But I believe that if it was 2-0 going back to SA, it would have been different. Spurs and Celts were easily the two best teams that year.

2009: Lost to a very good Mavericks team in the first round. Dirk finally got revenge for the three times the Spurs had beat him. Two years later, his Mavs won the championship.

2010: Avenged their loss to the Mavs (the team that would win the championship the next year) and then got swept by the Suns; revealing that they needed to make changes in their tempo and no longer make Duncan the focal point of their offense (even though he shot 51.8 FG that year). The next year, as they transitioned, he would score a career low 13.4 ppg.

2011: Despite some vintage heroics from Ginobili and Duncan; they played poorly against and upcoming Grizzlies team. They were the best team in the regular season that year though. Again, their over-reliance upon the Big Three was troubling and they retooled and brough in players like Lenoard, Green and finally brought along Splitter.

2012: Went up 2-0 against the Thunder in the Conference Finals and then took Game 3 in OKC for granted and let them back in the series. They looked poised in Game 5 and then I frankly don't remember where the let-down was w/o looking. But Game 6 was BS reffing cos the league wanted Durant-James. Even Duncan, who I've never once seen complain about calls publicly stated how bad it was.

BTW, this is going to the third straight year that the Spurs finish with the best record in the west and they're clearly easily deepest team in the league. Why you are dismissing them is beyond me.

Average Age
Heat - 30.4
Spurs - 27.9
Thunder - 25.9

Splitter is actually a good option in the post and he's improved his FT shooting so that he can punish teams. He's not a defensive anchor though. Part of the reason that the Spurs don't dominate in the playoffs like before is they aren't a defensive juggernaut like they once were. No Bowen, no Willis, Robinson, whoever.

However, they routintely put on offensive clinics. I think were going to see a rout in Game 7 of the WC had it went to it last year. They were hitting on all cylinders in Game 6 and then the last 16 minutes of the game, the refs called stuff on almost every possession to break their rhythm. They're even more poised this year though. I think they'll overcome Stern's antics. Also, Harden killed the Spurs. They were the one player they didn't have an answer for. He's not on the Thunder this time around.

Forum List

Back