Lakerland

really dude? Two of the Spurs top three are old and can't contribute what is needed for them to win a championship. If the spurs haven't won a chapionship in the last five years, what makes you think they'll win it this year? Face it, their time is done.

To be fair the team the Spurs has now is better than any one they had since they last won a championship, I do think they are missing a center though. That would put them over the top. Add Tyson Chandler to the Spurs and they win the championship this year.

Splitter is actually a good option in the post and he's improved his FT shooting so that he can punish teams. He's not a defensive anchor though. Part of the reason that the Spurs don't dominate in the playoffs like before is they aren't a defensive juggernaut like they once were. No Bowen, no Willis, Robinson, whoever.

However, they routintely put on offensive clinics. I think were going to see a rout in Game 7 of the WC had it went to it last year. They were hitting on all cylinders in Game 6 and then the last 16 minutes of the game, the refs called stuff on almost every possession to break their rhythm. They're even more poised this year though. I think they'll overcome Stern's antics. Also, Harden killed the Spurs. They were the one player they didn't have an answer for. He's not on the Thunder this time around.

Good point, Stern pushed for a Miami/OKC finals last year thinking it would be epic but it sucked major ass, I didn't watch any of those games. A Celtics/Spurs finals last year would have been amazing basketball and I think it would have went 7 games.

To be fair the team the Spurs has now is better than any one they had since they last won a championship, I do think they are missing a center though. That would put them over the top. Add Tyson Chandler to the Spurs and they win the championship this year.
False. They're older, meaning worse.

Older? Alot of those guys are in their 20s, I think Manu and Timmy are the oldest ones. The Spurs are kicking everones asses right now, I wish my Celtics were like them.

Duncan plays 30 minutes a game and Ginobili plays 23 minutes a game and the Spurs still kick ass. And they've missed a lot of games. Spurs are so good, that they would still get home court advantage in the first round w/o those two. No other team has that sort of depth. And Green and Leonard have a year of real experience under their belt. Last year was their first playoff runs. This year, the Spurs can rely much more upon them.

Also, Parker is having a career year. If he continues his great play into the playoffs, they'll steamroll their way to the Finals.

Older? Alot of those guys are in their 20s, I think Manu and Timmy are the oldest ones. The Spurs are kicking everones asses right now, I wish my Celtics were like them.

Parker. Ginobli, and Duncan are all past their prime and have no shot of wining another championship. Those are still their core players. Yeah they're kicking ass right now, they always do well in the regular season, but their championship days are long gone.

How about this. When the Playoffs start, we bet on whether the spurs will destroy the heat *LMAO* or not in the championship..deal?

Parker. Ginobli, and Duncan are all past their prime and have no shot of wining another championship. Those are still their core players. Yeah they're kicking ass right now, they always do well in the regular season, but their championship days are long gone.

Parker is only 30 and he's in his prime. He's going to finish top three in the MVP voting. So, I don't know how much more prime you want.

Duncan has slimmed down, he says due to better dieting. He's averaging 2.7 blocks per game in 29 minutes per game. BTW, his career best is 2.9 bpg in 39 minutes. So, yea - he's doing just as good a job as ever on the defensive end. Per 36 mins, he average 19; short of his career high of 25. That's pretty good, considering they don't even run the offense through him like they once did. And his FG percent is right at his career average too. He's 37 now and he's that good! It helps that he's The Big Fundamental. He never was based on speed and flash to begin with.

Ginobili, I believe saves himself for the playoffs. He has to operate on 25-32 minutes to be most effective, but given the Spurs depth, that's really not a problem.

You do realize the Spurs were very close to being in the Finals last year and they're only better this year? I don't know why you're so convinced that they can't win the championship again. They won four in the Duncan era and frankly this team ranks right up there amongst other quality Spurs teams. Offensively, they are the best team in the Duncan era too.

100603_04.jpg

It'll be a terribly officiated series. David Stern sports a deep roster. I imagine these refs would officiate in a seven game Finals:

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Monty McCutchen - 2 Games
Derrick Stafford - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre
Dick Bavetta
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men
How many of those refs are betting on games?

It'll be a terribly officiated series. David Stern sports a deep roster. I imagine these refs would officiate in a seven game Finals:

Joey Crawford - 3 Games
Mike Callahan - 2 Games
Ken Mauer - 2 Games
Dan Crawford - 2 Games
Bill Kennedy - 2 Games
Scott Foster - 2 Games
Monty McCutchen - 2 Games
Derrick Stafford - 2 Games
Joe DeRosa - 2 Games

Four Remaining Games:

Eddie Rush
Greg Willard
Bill Kennedy
Ed Malloy
Bennet Salvatorre
Dick Bavetta
Bill Spooner
Upcoming Company Men
How many of those refs are betting on games?

I don't know if any of them are. It'd be pretty risky. They'd have to have third parties do it for them.

Regardless of betting, Stern makes doing his will plenty worth their while. An NBA ref makes six figures just to referee one finals game. You think they don't notice who's getting the assignments?

And refs make more money in a few playoff games than the entire regular season. They're directly paid to do Stern's agenda. It's so corrupt; yet the media gives them a pass b/c they're in on it.

really dude? Two of the Spurs top three are old and can't contribute what is needed for them to win a championship. If the spurs haven't won a chapionship in the last five years, what makes you think they'll win it this year? Face it, their time is done.

Last night against the Kings:

Ginobili - 15 assists in 23 minutes
Duncan - A double double in 25 minutes

The spurs are worse in regular season this year than they were last year. Denver, Memphis, and OKC are all teams that would smoke the spurs in a playoff series.

The spurs are worse in regular season this year than they were last year. Denver, Memphis, and OKC are all teams that would smoke the spurs in a playoff series.

Spurs win percent as of today - .767
Spurs win percent last season - .758

I don't think many WC match-ups are a slam dunk for any team. But if I'm the Spurs, I'm not fearing those teams you mentioned. If I'm those teams you mentioned, I'm fearing the Spurs.

I don't think many WC match-ups are a slam dunk for any team. But if I'm the Spurs, I'm not fearing those teams you mentioned. If I'm those teams you mentioned, I'm fearing the Spurs.

After playing 66 games last year they had 16 loses. After play 60 games this year they have 14 loses, so they're about the same. Still, I don't see them making the WCF this year. Too many talented teams coming into their prime.

After playing 66 games last year they had 16 loses. After play 60 games this year they have 14 loses, so they're about the same. Still, I don't see them making the WCF this year. Too many talented teams coming into their prime.

They can reach their prime all they want. They still don't match the Spurs clinical precision. Any team playing the Spurs has to hope that they play below their standards. Because they'll have home court advantage and they can sweep any team.

Forum List

Back