Lakerland

I don't hate them. I just think thier championship days are over. Much respect to the Spurs though.

Doesn't sound like much respect if you're saying they have no shot at a championship. I give Miami the best shot b/c they're in the East and have Stern's full backing. But the Spurs are the best team in the league.

The best team doesn't always win, the Celtics were the best team in 2010 and they got shafted by Sterns goons.

1985 - Also. That was the year that the final went to the 2-3-2 format. And according to sources, it was so Stern could set-up a scenario in which Stern could get the Finals back to Boston with two shots at the Lakers winning it all. Stern blamed it on cutting travel; but that was a load of crap. I read a great article on that a couple years back. I'd have to find it.

That year, Game 5 was in LA when it should have been in f'ing Boston, where they would have won and taken control of the series. Filling the pressure to win on the road, KC Jones played only seven guys in an all-out effort to get that pivotal game.

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

The heavy minutes on the starters left them drained for Game 6 and set-up a much easier close-out win for the Lakers.

I guess at the last minute, Stern changed the format too, to do that bs.

That was the year of the Memorial Day Massacre. It was a foregone conclusion that the C's would win the Finals that year. That robbed them of the 3peat ultimately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't sound like much respect if you're saying they have no shot at a championship. I give Miami the best shot b/c they're in the East and have Stern's full backing. But the Spurs are the best team in the league.

The best team doesn't always win, the Celtics were the best team in 2010 and they got shafted by Sterns goons.

1985 - Also. That was the year that the final went to the 2-3-2 format. And according to sources, it was so Stern could set-up a scenario in which Stern could get the Finals back to Boston with two shots at the Lakers winning it all. Stern blamed it on cutting travel; but that was a load of crap. I read a great article on that a couple years back. I'd have to find it.

That year, Game 5 was in LA when it should have been in f'ing Boston, where they would have won and taken control of the series. Filling the pressure to win on the road, KC Jones played only seven guys in an all-out effort to get that pivotal game.

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

The heavy minutes on the starters left them drained for Game 6 and set-up a much easier close-out win for the Lakers.

That was the year of the Memorial Day Massacre. It was a foregone conclusion that the C's would win the Finals that year. That robbed them of the 3peat ultimately.

That doesn't surprise me, Stern has always went out of his way to make things as easy for the Lakers as possible. Now he is giving the Miami Heat the same treatment.

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

That doesn't surprise me, Stern has always went out of his way to make things as easy for the Lakers as possible. Now he is giving the Miami Heat the same treatment.
Really?

'cause if that were actually the case, the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers woud have never been voided by Stern himself.

Come on Celtics fans, get over the butthurt that after '84, the Lakers have owned the Celtics in the Championship department, based on the fact thay they've had superior teams, put together by a great owner, and second to none general managers, Jerry West in particular.

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFw-0sYvSI

Really?

'cause if that were actually the case, the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers woud have never been voided by Stern himself.

Come on Celtics fans, get over the butthurt that after '84, the Lakers have owned the Celtics in the Championship department, based on the fact thay they've had superior teams, put together by a great owner, and second to none general managers, Jerry West in particular.

The Lakers were gutting that team for Chris Paul, you wouldn't have Howard or Gasol anymore, it would just be Chris Paul and Kobe. Its better for the Lakers that Paul didn't go there.

Really?

The Lakers were gutting that team for Chris Paul, you wouldn't have Howard or Gasol anymore, it would just be Chris Paul and Kobe. Its better for the Lakers that Paul didn't go there.
Yes, as much as I like Gasol, he would not have still been here, but Howard would have most likely still signed as a free agent THIS YEAR.

It would have been Gasol and Odom we would know longer have, and that is worth it, to get arguably the best young PG in the league, to build around, along with Howard.

Look Celtics fans, the main reason why the Lakers have dominated the Celtics in the Championships department over the last 35 years or so, besides making brilliant draft day trades like floppin' Vlade for Kobe, is the fact that they have been masters at bringing in the right fit role players for the team assembled....And the following are just off the top of my head.

Jim Chones
Spencer Haywood
Kurt Rambis
AC Green
Robert Horry
Brian Shaw
Lamar Odom
Artest (Peace)
Steve Blake
And on and on and on.

Really?

The league was directly in charge of the Hornets at the time while looking for new ownership. And Stern had to do what was right for the Hornets to get a solid buyer. And the trade was f'd up in the first place. CP3 for Odom? Are you f'ing kidding me? My guess is some serious bribery was going on there, since the guy attempting the trade was not the permanent GM.

Had Stern allowed that trade to go through, even the faint illusion that Stern isn't a Laker man would have been thrown out the window. The media was already having a field day long before it was vetoed.

If you're trying to pretend that Stern doesn't play favorites or isn't worried about the financial bottom line foremost though. I won't argue you. You can live in your own world for all I care.

Look Celtics fans, the main reason why the Lakers have dominated the Celtics in the Championships department over the last 35 years or so, besides making brilliant draft day trades like floppin' Vlade for Kobe, is the fact that they have been masters at bringing in the right fit role players for the team assembled....And the following are just off the top of my head.

Jim Chones
Spencer Haywood
Kurt Rambis
AC Green
Robert Horry
Brian Shaw
Lamar Odom
Artest (Peace)
Steve Blake
And on and on and on.

You forgot to mention the Lakers make the NBA more money than the Celtics, thats the biggest reason.

The Spurs will rely on Parker down the stretch with the two man game and spreading the floor, looking for Green and Leonard. But Ginobili can still put on a show at times and he can handle the ball for spurts and give Parker breaks.

Jim Chones
Spencer Haywood
Kurt Rambis
AC Green
Robert Horry
Brian Shaw
Lamar Odom
Artest (Peace)
Steve Blake
And on and on and on.

You forgot to mention the Lakers make the NBA more money than the Celtics, thats the biggest reason.

Yup. Who was paid under the table for that Kobe/Vlade trade anyhow? I knew that was BS at the time. Vlade wasn't even at a high point in his career. He was on the slide. Perhaps, because there was some truth to the rumors that he was a two pack a day smoker.

He later revitalized his career in Sacramento.

Jim Chones
Spencer Haywood
Kurt Rambis
AC Green
Robert Horry
Brian Shaw
Lamar Odom
Artest (Peace)
Steve Blake
And on and on and on.

Yup. Who was paid under the table for that Kobe/Vlade trade anyhow? I knew that was BS at the time. Vlade wasn't even at a high point in his career. He was on the slide. Perhaps, because there was some truth to the rumors that he was a two pack a day smoker.

I watched something on tv about how Kobe knew he was going to the Lakers before he was even drafted anyways. It doesn't matter which team drafted him that is where he would have ended up eventually.

I don't hate them. I just think thier championship days are over. Much respect to the Spurs though.

This isn't football, HG. The best team usually wins. I have respect for what the spurs have accomplished and how they've been a good team for a long time, but I don't respect them as championship contenders.

This isn't football, HG. The best team usually wins. I have respect for what the spurs have accomplished and how they've been a good team for a long time, but I don't respect them as championship contenders.

They have the most balanced attack in the league right now, they dismantled the Pistons by almost 40 without their best player on the floor, almost everyone was in double figures.

The best team always has a shot. But usually wins? I don't think so. And there are reasons for that besides the cheating angle. Usually, one conference ends up being a lot better than the other conference. In the 80's it was the East. In the 90's and 00's it's been the West. That alone, makes great teams mortal and so-so teams much better than they are.

Do you know what trade brought Magic Johnson to the Lakers?

DJ - 48 mins
McHale - 46 mins
Parrish - 44 mins
Bird - 44 mins
Ainge - 34 mins
Wedman - 19 mins
Maxwell - 5 mins

Wilt Chamberlain averaged 48.6 minutes a game for an entire season.

Hey, you know how it is, anything can happen in the playoffs.....They definitely have a legitimate shot of beating anybody, but only if they play perfect ball.

I'll tell ya' one thing, Jamieson could be be a huge factor in any series, IF D'antoni lets him go out and play his game.
Ya know, yer a real fucker!

Now that I know your Laker colors, I have no desire to argue with you on other threads.

I know we are politically opposite of each other, but I still feel the need to apologize for the way I've treated you on the political threads.

Notice I don't offer that apology to the Celtic fans!

Last edited:
Why should he respect the Spurs, they're from Texas!

The only thing you can respect in Texas are their steakhouses and their average citizens.

Forum List

Back