Lakerland

Kobe and other Lakers have gotten away with murder on the floor for years.
I don't understand why people think they have to block a shot by putting the ball into the 3rd row? Or by dispensing as much testosterone as they possibly can to block a shot? Bill Russell would never block a ball out of bounds or to an opposing player. You block it in such a way that allows you to take possession of the ball to your teams advantage.

Kobe and other Lakers have gotten away with murder on the floor for years.
I don't understand why people think they have to block a shot by putting the ball into the 3rd row? Or by dispensing as much testosterone as they possibly can to block a shot? Bill Russell would never block a ball out of bounds or to an opposing player. You block it in such a way that allows you to take possession of the ball to your teams advantage.

Thats very true but thats something most players don't practice, its more fun to send the ball into the stands and knock down a concessions guy bringing the beer and popcorn.

Thats very true but thats something most players don't practice, its more fun to send the ball into the stands and knock down a concessions guy bringing the beer and popcorn.
When Wilt would block a shot in the key, he'd say, "Don't come in here with that weak stuff!"

Hmm, don't remember those guys.
Mel Counts was Wilt's backup with the Lakers during their 33 game win streak. He looked like a tall Marjoe Gortner with the Harpo Marx hair.

Boerwinkle was the center for the Bulls when Jerry Sloan was their star guard.

They would probably beast it in todays NBA, I mean guys like Amir Asik are getting paid big money these days, when in the 90s he would barely even see the floor.

As a long time Clipper fan, I'm loving every minute of the Lakers implosion.

D12 seems to play with no heart. Pau looks lost. Nash is old and slow. Bench is terrible.

MWP and Kobe are still playing hard but it's gonna take more than those two.

Don't even get me started on Pringles, terrible hire.

Last edited:
It's not unlike any other player in the league, they all carry.
You do not dribble with your shoulder!

The Lakers have gotten away with so much over the years, you touch Kobe, it's a foul, Shaq bullies himself around, no foul. Laker fans have no room to bitch about calls or the lack thereof.

Touch him? They invented the ghost foul for Kobe. I can't tell you how many times I've seen them give Kobe fta's on non touch plays. At least when they were making up fouls for Jordan, there was some form of contact.

It's not unlike any other player in the league, they all carry.
You do not dribble with your shoulder!

The Lakers have gotten away with so much over the years, you touch Kobe, it's a foul, Shaq bullies himself around, no foul. Laker fans have no room to bitch about calls or the lack thereof.

:Cough: Pau Gasol blatantly coming down on the jump shot of 2010 Finals Game 7 - last 2 mins (traveling). No call. That entire Finals was a joke with Stern going to his goto man Joey Crawford in Game 1,5,7.

May 31, 2002: Worst officiated game in the history of the league. Took a championship from the Kings and gave the Lakers a phony 3-peat.

Agreed though. Shaq was allowed to bury his shoulder into players like a linebacker. It was a total f'ing joke.

Forum List

Back