Last Night's Presidential Debate Was A National Embarrassment!

Just my honest take

Trump shouldn’t have been on offense. He should have just let Biden do all the talking. Trump is on record for hrs everyday. Biden has been hiding the whole year of 2020 and few have heard from him.

Trumps goal should have been to expose Biden’s mental deficiencies. All he had to do was take Joes own advice and “shut up”. Biden had opportunities to slip up and show his dementia but Trump kept talking over him.

The the few undecided people don’t pay attention to actual policy. They don’t know what’s true or false. They only pay attention to the candidates demeanor. Trump was too aggressive and Biden could have defeated himself (Biden) but Trump spared him by interrupting him.

This was Biden’s to lose. Trump had nothing to win other than Biden embarrassing himself, which unfortunately he didn’t.

Neither side will lose any of their voters as 95% of people have probably made up their mind.
But the 5% of people who have been living under a rock and are clueless to policy and what’s going on in US politics are probably going to look at Biden as a “more presidential candidate “

If Biden slipped up bad like in his press conferences and interviews, Trump would have won the 5% and some so-called “old school democrats/independents/middle of the road” people who have been supporting Biden.
Each side has a strategy. Trump failed and Biden succeeded. Biden's strategy has been to keep Trump on the defense and Trump's strategy has been to portray Biden as a crook and person with dementia and cognitive difficulties.

It was an embarrassment for Biden. The left is pleading with him to not do any more debates. They just can’t handle President Trump trolling him with questions about his corruption and abysmal record.

I am not the Left nor the Right and I want to see the other two. But I want a change to the venue. Have both Candidates wear shock collars triggered by the Moderator when they get out of control or have the Moderator have a Fire Hose to Hose an out of control participant. Preferably both where we get to see a really out of control Rump drop to the floor with a wet, shorted out shock color.
TDS,TDS,TDS,TDS,TDS, RUN DARYL, THEY AFTA YA!!! :dev3: :dev3: :dev3: :dev3: :dev3: :scared1:

Each side has a strategy. Trump failed and Biden succeeded. Biden's strategy has been to keep Trump on the defense and Trump's strategy has been to portray Biden as a crook and person with dementia and cognitive difficulties.

Biden's strategy seemed to be to personally insult Trump and tell prefabricated lies about Trump. Trump never called Biden a crook but Biden called Trump a clown, told him to shut up, and called him a racist. All pretty juvenile on Biden's part. Apparently he can't hold up very well. Remember Biden is the one who previously said he'd take Trump behind the gym and clobber him. Meanwhile, Biden got clobbered last night.

Yes, it was a national embarassment.

Unlike others here, however, I blame all three participants instead of just one.

Trump was a loudmouth bully. Biden was a weasel who indulged in name calling. Wallace abandoned the role of moderator and turned into a participant.

Once again, we were presented with two candidates that we cannot understand anyone voting for. One is an erratic, egocentric buffoon and the other an ineffective hack largely responsible for the mess in the Middle East. Of course, the show itself, called a debate, should so embarrass Americans that they boycott the whole affair.
Wrong. Biden is not responsible for the mess in the middle east. The choice is clear.
Biden is a newcomer to US politics!

Wallace's asking Trump to denounce 'white supremacy' is like the old gotcha meme "when did you stop beating you wife."

Wallace's asking Trump to denounce 'white supremacy' is like the old gotcha meme "when did you stop beating you wife."
Had fairness been his intention, he would have also asked Biden to denounce BLM.

The questions were clearly weighted against Trump.

The Presidential Debate last night was an embarrassment for America, Donald Trump's behavior was far worse but both candidates acted like school children not the statesmen the American people deserve! A fair evaluation would conclude Vice-President Biden protected his interests not much advanced it and President Donald Trump hurt his interests with such a person as President it is no wonder the Democrats and Republicans in Washington cannot come together and pass legislation the American people need passed!

It was nice to see Vice-President Biden have his moments where he demonstrated himself as a sharp leader, for instance, when he was talking about with what is needed to address the dissatisfaction with the police problem in America where he said most police officers are good people that put themselves in harm's way to protect us and there is a few bad apples and we need get them out of the job and how we need to get all the parties together and talk out the problems and figure out a way forward that works for everyone, etc.. But I think the Vice-president missed an opportunity with the debate to make the case for his candidacy. I got the impression that the Vice-President did not have the optimal perspective about the debate he should have viewed it as an interview for a job where the American people watching at home were the hiring managers and sell himself for the job of Presidency. Like when he talked about the ACA he repeatedly mentioned that the law provides health insurance for twenty million Americans and that is great but there is so much more that he could have said about the ACA the essential benefit mandate if you need inpatient treatment it is covered if you need prescription drugs it is covered, it covers preventive care which is critically valuable in lowering overall healthcare costs it puts mental health treatment in parity with physical health treatment, it has good out of pocket limits, etc., etc. etc..

The Vice-President's staff did not prepare him well they with he should have given him a simple strategy to implement when the moderator raised a major issue he should have been prepared with his important commentary he wanted to say on that and not be sidetracked. Like when the moderator raised the issue of where President Trump went wrong with his leadership on the Pandemic or to say it another way how would a President Biden have done things differently Vice -President Biden should have been there with at least one or two major strong points. He should have said President Trump dropped the ball on testing America should have had point of care testing months ago not these tests where we have to wait days for a response yada, yada, yada and this PPR even in September we still have hospitals that don't have an ample supply of N95 masks when the pandemic was clearly here in America in March and April Trump shouldn't have told governors across America I am not your shipping clerk for PPE go out in the international market and get it yourself the President back then should have used the Defense Production Act and quickly domestically manufactured all the N95 face masks the U.S. healthcare system would need.

Vice-President Biden's staff did a poor job in preparing the Vice-President for the debate the staff should have had a handout for the VP with likely questions and good responses in bullet proof form and there was many issues here. One can see the questions Biden faced from a mile away and he shouldn't have struggled for answers his staff should have better prepped him. Like the one where Trump says to Biden you say America needed good tax reform you were in Washington 47 years shy didn't you get it done. Biden should have responded that when I was VP President Obama and I passed a great tax bill into law it extended the Bush tax cuts on lower and middle income Americans and eliminated them for wealthy Americans and fixed a lot of yearly reoccurring problems in the tax code and for the prior thirty-five plus years when I was just a Senator there has been a bipartisan recognition in Washington that the tax code needed to be reformed and loophole closed for decades but special interests have thrown up roadblocks but I will tell you that America never faced trillion dollar plus yearly deficits where the deficit trajectory is even worse and so a President Biden is making a top priority closing these loop holes. Another of these easily anticipated questions was VP Biden your planning to raise taxes by three to four trillion dollars over ten years won't you hurt the economy Biden's response should have been too many American's are getting short shrifted today America is failing them miserably I am raiding this three to four trillion dollars and giving it to young men and women so they can pay for college, low and middle income families so they can pay for child care, help for families to buy their first home so they can build wealth and the ten plus other good things he wants to do!

Biden's staff should have warned Biden do not allow yourself to be pulled into following Trump down rabbit holes, stick to the important issues who really cares that Trump plays the tax code so he pays little in taxes focus on the changes to the tax code like I am going to have a fifteen percent minimum tax so these billion dollar corporation pay their fair share of taxes. Biden's staff should advise Biden to not respond to every little point Trump makes the American people know that Trump's points are often garbage we don't need your laugh over them to realize this we want to hear how you will improve and protect America! VP Biden did have some really good moments him acknowledging that he won the Democrat primary so he sets the agenda for the Democrat Party that is the way the system works and his courage to further acknowledge that the green new deal platform which will cost a fortune is not his climate protection plan his won't break the bank!

The debate was a colossal shit fest for ONE REASON ONLY: Chris Wallace was more interested in impressing everyone what a great moderator he was and how Fox didn't carry water for Trump anymore, then getting any real info out of the candidates. Had he limited the topics to fewer ones giving more time for answers, replies and rebuttals, there would have been no need to climb over each other to get a word in edgewise.

Instead, Wallace framed nearly all the questions on Trump, a guy who is already out there 7 days a week answering questions about everything with everyone, then asking Biden to critique Trump's answers with lies! WTF! Then he left that the last word with little or no time for Trump to refute any of it. All the while giving Biden an open mic and asking him almost NOTHING about himself despite having hidden in his basement from everyone for four months.

Meantime, Biden is calling Trump a CLOWN, calling him a RACIST, telling him to SHUT UP, with no protests from Wallace. The few good points brought out were brought out by Trump FIGHTING WITH THE MODERATOR TRYING TO BE HEARD OVER HIS YELLING. Can you imagine the media's response had Romney or McCain told Obama to SHUT UP?

It was a Total Fail by Fox and Chris Wallace. Now they will try to paint over their mistakes by trying to claim is was all Trump's doing, that he's an unruly BULLY, for trying to fight to get a word in edgewise against the onslaught of Wallace AND Biden.

The Presidential Debate last night was an embarrassment for America, Donald Trump's behavior was far worse but both candidates acted like school children not the statesmen the American people deserve! A fair evaluation would conclude Vice-President Biden protected his interests not much advanced it and President Donald Trump hurt his interests with such a person as President it is no wonder the Democrats and Republicans in Washington cannot come together and pass legislation the American people need passed!

It was nice to see Vice-President Biden have his moments where he demonstrated himself as a sharp leader, for instance, when he was talking about with what is needed to address the dissatisfaction with the police problem in America where he said most police officers are good people that put themselves in harm's way to protect us and there is a few bad apples and we need get them out of the job and how we need to get all the parties together and talk out the problems and figure out a way forward that works for everyone, etc.. But I think the Vice-president missed an opportunity with the debate to make the case for his candidacy. I got the impression that the Vice-President did not have the optimal perspective about the debate he should have viewed it as an interview for a job where the American people watching at home were the hiring managers and sell himself for the job of Presidency. Like when he talked about the ACA he repeatedly mentioned that the law provides health insurance for twenty million Americans and that is great but there is so much more that he could have said about the ACA the essential benefit mandate if you need inpatient treatment it is covered if you need prescription drugs it is covered, it covers preventive care which is critically valuable in lowering overall healthcare costs it puts mental health treatment in parity with physical health treatment, it has good out of pocket limits, etc., etc. etc..

The Vice-President's staff did not prepare him well they with he should have given him a simple strategy to implement when the moderator raised a major issue he should have been prepared with his important commentary he wanted to say on that and not be sidetracked. Like when the moderator raised the issue of where President Trump went wrong with his leadership on the Pandemic or to say it another way how would a President Biden have done things differently Vice -President Biden should have been there with at least one or two major strong points. He should have said President Trump dropped the ball on testing America should have had point of care testing months ago not these tests where we have to wait days for a response yada, yada, yada and this PPR even in September we still have hospitals that don't have an ample supply of N95 masks when the pandemic was clearly here in America in March and April Trump shouldn't have told governors across America I am not your shipping clerk for PPE go out in the international market and get it yourself the President back then should have used the Defense Production Act and quickly domestically manufactured all the N95 face masks the U.S. healthcare system would need.

Vice-President Biden's staff did a poor job in preparing the Vice-President for the debate the staff should have had a handout for the VP with likely questions and good responses in bullet proof form and there was many issues here. One can see the questions Biden faced from a mile away and he shouldn't have struggled for answers his staff should have better prepped him. Like the one where Trump says to Biden you say America needed good tax reform you were in Washington 47 years shy didn't you get it done. Biden should have responded that when I was VP President Obama and I passed a great tax bill into law it extended the Bush tax cuts on lower and middle income Americans and eliminated them for wealthy Americans and fixed a lot of yearly reoccurring problems in the tax code and for the prior thirty-five plus years when I was just a Senator there has been a bipartisan recognition in Washington that the tax code needed to be reformed and loophole closed for decades but special interests have thrown up roadblocks but I will tell you that America never faced trillion dollar plus yearly deficits where the deficit trajectory is even worse and so a President Biden is making a top priority closing these loop holes. Another of these easily anticipated questions was VP Biden your planning to raise taxes by three to four trillion dollars over ten years won't you hurt the economy Biden's response should have been too many American's are getting short shrifted today America is failing them miserably I am raiding this three to four trillion dollars and giving it to young men and women so they can pay for college, low and middle income families so they can pay for child care, help for families to buy their first home so they can build wealth and the ten plus other good things he wants to do!

Biden's staff should have warned Biden do not allow yourself to be pulled into following Trump down rabbit holes, stick to the important issues who really cares that Trump plays the tax code so he pays little in taxes focus on the changes to the tax code like I am going to have a fifteen percent minimum tax so these billion dollar corporation pay their fair share of taxes. Biden's staff should advise Biden to not respond to every little point Trump makes the American people know that Trump's points are often garbage we don't need your laugh over them to realize this we want to hear how you will improve and protect America! VP Biden did have some really good moments him acknowledging that he won the Democrat primary so he sets the agenda for the Democrat Party that is the way the system works and his courage to further acknowledge that the green new deal platform which will cost a fortune is not his climate protection plan his won't break the bank!
It was a circus lol
I am guessing they will void the last 2
Who won ??
MOST Hispanic voters picked T

New Topics

Forum List

Back