Liberal Intellectual Elite ("LIE")

Wiki and left wing loon foundation sites don't count.

While you're at it, how 'bout coming up with the history, as it relates to test scores and literacy rates, from the time the DoE was created to today.

correlation does not equate to causation.
Whatever. :rolleyes:

While were doing all this research and stuff, let's chart the costs per pupil as they relate to those test scores and literacy rates.

why would you say that? Are you saying that every organization with any sort of a philosophical perspective is incapable of accurately portraying the historical facts about a subject?

Not when they have a political bent of any sort...Just the facts...just the facts.

Do you, therefore, disbelieve anything and everything that is published by such organizations as the American Enterprise Institute, the Heritage Foundation, the Hoover Institute or the Center for Immigration Studies?

I look forward to you condemning any poster who uses sources such as these in the future.

While you're at it, how 'bout coming up with the history, as it relates to test scores and literacy rates, from the time the DoE was created to today.

While were doing all this research and stuff, let's chart the costs per pupil as they relate to those test scores and literacy rates.

same answer.

same answer.
Right...

We're supposed to believe that the increased costs, falling test scores and literacy rates are entirely mutually exclusive of of the centralization of the edumacation bureaucracy?

How bout this...Can you name the FIRST time a huge federal bureaucracy was created and the costs of the given commodity came down and the quality went up?

he did somewhere back. has a (degree?, not sure whats its called exactly) from AAS
Ummm, no. An Associate's in Applied Science in laser/electro-optics. From Vincennes University. John Mellencamp's alma mater.

for me:

Bachelor of Science (propulsion engineering), U.S. Naval Academy. Bull Halsey's alma mater

Masters in Business Administration, University of Maine. Steven King's alma mater
Good stuff.

same answer.
Right...

We're supposed to believe that the increased costs, falling test scores and literacy rates are entirely mutually exclusive of of the centralization of the edumacation bureaucracy?

How bout this...Can you name the FIRST time a huge federal bureaucracy was created and the costs of the given commodity came down and the quality went up?

same answer. you cannot prove that the creation of the bureaucracy did not prevent the costs from increasing even more rapidly.

All you have is your opinion that the department of education is to blame for falling test scores and literacy rates...

and quite frankly, your opinion is not exactly something I value very highly.... you seem way too sold on the flip yet angry sarcastic genius persona you have created for yourself.

I saw the Big Lebowski (along with every other Coen Brothers movie), and you ain't no Dude, that is for sure.:razz:

same answer.
Right...

same answer. you cannot prove that the creation of the bureaucracy did not prevent the costs from increasing even more rapidly.

All you have is your opinion that the department of education is to blame for falling test scores and literacy rates...

and quite frankly, your opinion is not exactly something I value very highly.... you seem way too sold on the flip yet angry sarcastic genius persona you have created for yourself.

I saw the Big Lebowski (along with every other Coen Brothers movie), and you ain't no Dude, that is for sure.:razz:
I'm not necessarily saying that they're to blame, but that they've been a towering failure in delivering quality education at a competitive price. In fact, all the evidence suggest that they've been an extreme drag on those ends.

And I fully expected that you cannot name the bureaucracy that ever delivered a superior product at a reasonable market cost, because there isn't one.

Right...

I'm not necessarily saying that they're to blame, but that they've been a towering failure in delivering quality education at a competitive price.

And I fully expected that you cannot name the bureaucracy that ever delivered a superior product at a reasonable market cost, because there isn't one.

again... you cannot disprove that the DOE has been a success in preventing test scores and literacy from falling even further and faster.

I'm not necessarily saying that they're to blame, but that they've been a towering failure in delivering quality education at a competitive price.

again... you cannot disprove that the DOE has been a success in preventing test scores and literacy from falling even further and faster.
Of course, because you cannot prove a negative.

But since when was the goal to prevent falling literacy rates and test scores?

If you're going to throw the kind of money around that the DoE has, one would think that their aim would be positive results, wouldn't you?

Of course, because you cannot prove a negative.

But since when was the goal to prevent falling literacy rates and test scores?

If you're going to throw the kind of money around that the DoE has, one would think that their aim would be positive results, wouldn't you?

the "goal"? The "aim"? Of COURSE.. The "aim" is for every kid to get perfect test scores and be geniuses and every one of them find the cure for cancer or invent the perpetual motion machine or time travel. Given the decline of moral values in our country, the socio-economic divide, and the disintegration of the family unit and the discipline that it used to provide our children, it is a wonder to me that the DOE has done as well as it has, IMO.

You're a fine testament to public education. :clap2:

spelling nazi.

sad.:lol:
Yes, it's sad when someone who claims conservatives hate education has her atrocious spelling corrected by one of those education-hating conservatives, isn't it?

Einstein was an atrocious speller.

your point?

Did she or did she not communicate to you? Were you able to understand what she had to say?

I would be truly sad if America's educational system turned out a bunch of aautomatons who could spell perfectly, but still couldn't think.

Forum List

Back