Little blessings in the midst of this dark time

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
Has anyone had any blessings or good news in the midst of this crappy time we're all in? Here's mine. Since I refuse to wear a muzzle, I've had to go out of my way to find grocery stores that don't require wearing a mask. My roommate and I are totally stocked up on nonperishable food, enough to last for months, so the only thing I've had to go to the store for is fruits, veggies, bread, things like that. There is a little convenience store nearby that I've been going to for some things, but they have very little (if any) fruits and veggies, so it has been kind of a PITA to have to go out of my way to find what I need.

But today I found out that there's a new fruit and veggie stand, just half a block from my apartment, that sells good quality, fresh locally grown produce, and they have pretty much everything I need. I was so happy to find out that they're going to be there permanently, which means now I don't have to drive miles to find a place that doesn't require a mask.

Yes, I know that might sound like no big deal, but hey... it made my day and I'm taking it as a blessing. :)

Since I refuse to wear a muzzle, I've had to go out of my way to find grocery stores that don't require wearing a mask.

There is no such thing. Groceries are an essential item, you cannot deny food to someone. They can ASK you to wear a mask but they cannot physically bar you from shopping, throw you out of the store (assault) or call the police on you. Even the governor can't do that.

There is no such thing. Groceries are an essential item, you cannot deny food to someone. They can ASK you to wear a mask but they cannot physically bar you from shopping, throw you out of the store (assault) or call the police on you. Even the governor can't do that.

Unfortunately, regardless of the legal side of it, where I live the big chain stores ARE refusing to let people in without a mask.

I live in Mexico, so TBH I'm not even sure if this requirement is legal or not, but since I'm a guest in this country, I'm not going to challenge it. I will just take my business elsewhere. That's why I was so happy today to find out that there's a place literally half a block from my apartment that has pretty much everything I need (apart from the dry food we already have.)

My grass seems to be dying with the hot weather and endless drought, nice so you don't have to mow.

Now we await the next plague.................

In Michigan they do. But I talked to several who said they will not demand their employees become the mask police. Trouble is, they will face stiff fines just allowing people in the store without properly wearing a mask.

I see people all the time play silly games wearing a mask, but not covering their nose. To be honest, they're like petty children.

Stores DO have the right, even on their own, to REQUIRE anything they want of their customers.

My blessing, I saw the sunrise another day. I'm not hungry, and I have a FEW real friends. I'm good with that.

In Michigan they do. But I talked to several who said they will not demand their employees become the mask police. Trouble is, they will face stiff fines just allowing people in the store without properly wearing a mask.

I see people all the time play silly games wearing a mask, but not covering their nose. To be honest, they're like petty children.

Stores DO have the right, even on their own, to REQUIRE anything they want of their customers.

My blessing, I saw the sunrise another day. I'm not hungry, and I have a FEW real friends. I'm good with that.

That's why it is all a joke. They're OK if you just have something on your face, you can uncover your nose, it can be toilet paper, they don't know. Some people simply medically cannot wear a mask. You cannot discriminate against a person on grounds of age, sex, race, health, and if they bar you, I would sue them. If they touch you, it is assault. I had to go into a store to collect on a moneygram last week. It was payable only to me. You can't do this stuff at home.

Has anyone had any blessings or good news in the midst of this crappy time we're all in? Here's mine. Since I refuse to wear a muzzle, I've had to go out of my way to find grocery stores that don't require wearing a mask. My roommate and I are totally stocked up on nonperishable food, enough to last for months, so the only thing I've had to go to the store for is fruits, veggies, bread, things like that. There is a little convenience store nearby that I've been going to for some things, but they have very little (if any) fruits and veggies, so it has been kind of a PITA to have to go out of my way to find what I need.

But today I found out that there's a new fruit and veggie stand, just half a block from my apartment, that sells good quality, fresh locally grown produce, and they have pretty much everything I need. I was so happy to find out that they're going to be there permanently, which means now I don't have to drive miles to find a place that doesn't require a mask.

Yes, I know that might sound like no big deal, but hey... it made my day and I'm taking it as a blessing. :)
dark times? tired of winning? 4 more years!

A buffet within a reasonable distance reopened a couple of weeks ago. You have to wear a mask and they supply cheap gloves while exploring the well laid out buffet. The price is reasonable and the food is still great. The Martins store stopped their silly rope line and single exit stuff. Lots of traffic on the interstate this friday and it looks like things are getting back to normal despite the lingering hysteria on the left.

dark times? tired of winning? 4 more years!

I'm no fan of Trump, didn't vote for him and would never vote for him, but the dark time I'm talking about is global, and would exist regardless of who is the POTUS. But anyway, I was hoping we could have at least one thread without petty partisan swipes. I guess I overestimated people. :dunno:

I'm no fan of Trump, didn't vote for him and would never vote for him, but the dark time I'm talking about is global, and would exist regardless of who is the POTUS. But anyway, I was hoping we could have at least one thread without petty partisan swipes. I guess I overestimated people. :dunno:
quit your whining. first reply to your op was blatant partisan retardery. you did not whine about that, eh?

quit your whining. first reply to your op was blatant partisan retardery. you did not whine about that, eh?

Post #2? I didn't see anything partisan in it. He was talking about the legal aspect of it. Unless I missed something he said?

Not having to wear pants anymore is liberating, I guess. :eusa_dance:

That's one of the things I love about working from home (the lockdown didn't change my daily life much, since I'm usually at home most of the time anyway)... I love that putting on real clothes is optional. I'm usually in sweats during the winter and shorts or whatever during the summer.

Post #2? I didn't see anything partisan in it. He was talking about the legal aspect of it. Unless I missed something he said?
He is wrong. They CAN refuse service. Agree with their policy or not, you dont have a choice.

Forum List

Back