‘Living fossil’ rediscovered in Pacific Ocean after 273 million years

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [The Age of Reason]
On the contrary. Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, the Kim dynasty, Castro, Ceaușescu, etc., etc., etc., were all atheists that murdered close to 100 MILLION. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies, that was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century (Dinesh D'Souza).

Hollie, is it possible that, what you call "supernatural" or "gods" is simply an all-powerful being that created the universe and all that is within it? My impression of atheists is that they seem incapable, or unwilling, to think "outside the box". To them, the idea that there is such a being out there is simply too fantastic an idea for them to entertain.

Do you play video games? Computer programmers create virtual "worlds". So why is it too fantastic an idea to believe that we were created in a similar manner? Albeit, the difference between us and characters in a video game is that we have independent thought whereas video game characters do not.

I personally believe that the crux of unbelief is spiritual. And the vitriol that I frequently witness directed against believers by atheists confirms to me that they are under dark, demonic, influence.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
A
believe science is on the side of creation. By the way, ask a committed leftist how many genders there are and then tell me how the left follows science.
That is a really stupid right wing talking point. Gender fluidity and identity is about psychology, not genetics. And the science of psychology most certainly does recognize gender fluidity.

Hollie, is it possible that, what you call "supernatural" or "gods" is simply an all-powerful being that created the universe and all that is within it? My impression of atheists is that they seem incapable, or unwilling, to think "outside the box". To them, the idea that there is such a being out there is simply too fantastic an idea for them to entertain.

Do you play video games? Computer programmers create virtual "worlds". So why is it too fantastic an idea to believe that we were created in a similar manner? Albeit, the difference between us and characters in a video game is that we have independent thought whereas video game characters do not.

I personally believe that the crux of unbelief is spiritual. And the vitriol that I frequently witness directed against believers by atheists confirms to me that they are under dark, demonic, influence.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

"I personally believe that the crux of unbelief is spiritual. And the vitriol that I frequently witness directed against believers by atheists confirms to me that they are under dark, demonic, influence."

Interesting comment.

There is a thread in the Religion and Ethics forum entitled "Atheists view Christians with contempt and derision''.

So really, who is it that is ''under dark, demonic, influence."?
Yea, I created that thread.

If you peruse social media, any mention of God is met with immediate derision and hatred from atheists.

Jesus warned us that this would happen.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

It seems unfair that anyone should be able to criticize your religion. People like that should suffer consequences.

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity.”
John Adams

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [The Age of Reason]
On the contrary. Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, the Kim dynasty, Castro, Ceaușescu, etc., etc., etc., were all atheists that murdered close to 100 MILLION. Oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies, that was atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century (Dinesh D'Souza).

“Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves.”
― Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia

“Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves.”

I think we agree that there is and has always been great "evil" in the world. I believe that there is a spiritual element to do that evil wherein you do not, apparently.

On another note, this world has a LOT of problems and Christianity isn't one of them.

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity.”
John Adams
He and you were/are free to reject Jesus. No problem.

It's telling how fervent atheists are to disparage and reject Jesus, which is more anecdotal evidence to me that they are under demonic influence.

I think we agree that there is and has always been great "evil" in the world. I believe that there is a spiritual element to do that evil wherein you do not, apparently.

On another note, this world has a LOT of problems and Christianity isn't one of them.
I don't believe that a ''spiritual element'' (whatever that means) was the cause of so much evil. Greed, lust for power and control powered by psychopathy seemed to drive so many of those who used religion or atheism to further the nightmares they inflicted on humanity.

I don't believe that a ''spiritual element'' (whatever that means) was the cause of so much evil.
Well, if there is no such thing as a divine creator, then there is no such thing as "evil". After all, it's not "evil" when a lion kills a hyena and steals its food. If there is no God, then it is not "evil" or "immoral" for one guy to do the same to his neighbor.

John Adams

It's telling how fervent atheists are to disparage and reject Jesus, which is more anecdotal evidence to me that they are under demonic influence.
Its telling how angry and emotive religionists become when others don't accept their religious beliefs. Are believers in religions other than yours also under demonic influence? That's a very large swath of people you will need to demonize. Do you hold that much hate?

Do you see how divisive and arrogant and insulting believers become when they believe demonic influence is the cause of others making adult decisions not coerced by your gods?

I don't believe that a ''spiritual element'' (whatever that means) was the cause of so much evil.
Well, if there is no such thing as a divine creator, then there is no such thing as "evil". After all, it's not "evil" when a lion kills a hyena and steals its food. If there is no God, then it is not "evil" or "immoral" for one guy to do the same to his neighbor.
"Evil'' is a purely subjective term. We can get into a discussion about the behaviors of your gods and we can agree or agree to disagree about our sebjective definition of evil.

Is slaughtering most of humanity evil because that humanity was a disappointment to you?

John Adams

Its telling how angry and emotive religionists become when others don't accept their religious beliefs. Are believers in religions other than yours also under demonic influence? That's a very large swath of people you will need to demonize. Do you hold that much hate?

Do you see how divisive and arrogant and insulting believers become when they believe demonic influence is the cause of others making adult decisions about their choices?

No hate from me. I thought we were having a friendly discussion. In any event, I guess this discussion has run its course.

Found another coelacanth in the Indian Ocean, untouched by evolution for 420,000,000 years.

Meanwhile we're expected to believe that humans evolved from apes just a few million years ago and we still have monkeys and apes in the world so there's no compelling reason for humans to evolve from apes instead of coelacanth

untouched by evolution for 420,000,000 years.
False. As usual.

What is your alternative explanation for the appearance of humans on the planet? I can pretty much guaran-fking-tee it is 1000% more absurd and unbelievable than evolution(which you clearly don't understand well enough to have an opinion about anyway).

So let's hear it.

False. As usual.

What is your alternative explanation for the appearance of humans on the planet? I can pretty much guaran-fking-tee it is 1000% more absurd and unbelievable than evolution(which you clearly don't understand well enough to have an opinion about anyway).

So let's hear it.

It's unchanged for 420,000,000 years, right?

Did it evolve echo location? Opposable thumbs?

What's false?

False. As usual.

So let's hear it.

It's unchanged for 420,000,000 years, right?

Did it evolve echo location? Opposable thumbs?

What's false?
You don't seem to understand... Species that existed a long time ago can still exist today. While they may have undergone relatively small changes to DNA, they may still appear relatively the same as long ago. And it can also still be true that their species was an ancestor of other species.

Found another coelacanth in the Indian Ocean, untouched by evolution for 420,000,000 years.

Meanwhile we're expected to believe that humans evolved from apes just a few million years ago and we still have monkeys and apes in the world so there's no compelling reason for humans to evolve from apes instead of coelacanth
There's no compelling reason to accept your rant as reasonable. There's no expectation that monkeys and apes will disappear when they are well adapted to their environment. It will come as a shock to you that the oceans support long surviving life because the oceans are less subject to the extremes of environment that land animals are subjected to.

As opposed to the vast evidence for evolution, why not supply some counter evidence for Adam & Eve in a Diseny'esque garden 6,000 years ago?

New Topics

Forum List

Back