Liz Cheney Suggests a New Political Party May Be Needed

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ms. Cheney, a longtime Republican, said that the G.O.P. “has rejected the Constitution in the name of supporting Trump” and that Mike Johnson should not be speaker.

“Whether it’s organizing a new party — look, it’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party, given what it has done, can make the argument convincingly or credibly that people ought to vote for Republican candidates until it really recognizes what it’s done,” Ms. Cheney said at the Cap Times Idea Fest in Madison, Wis.

By chance, Ms. Cheney was speaking at the same time that Ms. Harris was also in Madison, holding a rally across town. Ms. Cheney said she had spoken with the vice president since announcing her support and hinted that she might participate in the campaign in some way.

This lady has guts. Not to mention principles. And, I say that as someone who couldn't stand her or her dad.

Going head-to-head against Trump, fully aware that she could lose her seat, is a true profile in courage. Bravo to her! I hope she successfully establishes a new party that embodies the old principles of the party that once represented Lincoln.

Ms. Cheney, a longtime Republican, said that the G.O.P. “has rejected the Constitution in the name of supporting Trump” and that Mike Johnson should not be speaker.

“Whether it’s organizing a new party — look, it’s hard for me to see how the Republican Party, given what it has done, can make the argument convincingly or credibly that people ought to vote for Republican candidates until it really recognizes what it’s done,” Ms. Cheney said at the Cap Times Idea Fest in Madison, Wis.

By chance, Ms. Cheney was speaking at the same time that Ms. Harris was also in Madison, holding a rally across town. Ms. Cheney said she had spoken with the vice president since announcing her support and hinted that she might participate in the campaign in some way.

This lady has guts. Not to mention principles. And, I say that as someone who couldn't stand her or her dad.

Going head-to-head against Trump, fully aware that she could lose her seat, is a true profile in courage. Bravo to her! I hope she successfully establishes a new party that embodies the old principles of the party that once represented Lincoln.
Seems she and her dad want to get back in on the action but realize that the GOP voters wont support her so they need to start a new Im sure Manchine supporters say the same about the Dems.

Taking a bite out of who, Dems. Or GOP voters?

love how you people who used to hate her now love her because she doesnt like trump...you are all a bunch of phonies....

A lot of us would be very attracted to this (although I'm still hoping for the Forward Party to go national in a few years), and I definitely admire the guts, integrity and honesty she's shown, but we'd have to see if this disaster has softened her positions and opened her mind. There's a damn big market for a party that is actually interested in governing via collaboration and innovation, so its leaders will have to prove they're ready to do that.

Um, yeah, let's get real here. The real problem is that the GOP has a wonderful ability to re-invent itself after allowing demogogues to define them for a period.

The GOP recovered after Joe McCarthy slinked off into an alcoholic stupor. It recovered after Tricky Dick went to live out his days at San Clemente. It recovered after Dubya and her Dad got us into a war on a lie and wrecked the economy.

WHEN Trump loses, the MAGA movement will disappear with him. The GOP will find new leaders and a bunch of the current ones will all pretend they never met Trump.

A lot of us would be very attracted to this (although I'm still hoping for the Forward Party to go national in a few years), and I definitely admire the guts, integrity and honesty she's shown, but we'd have to see if this disaster has softened her positions and opened her mind. There's a damn big market for a party that is actually interested in governing via collaboration and innovation, so its leaders will have to prove they're ready to do that.
You don't have the time for that, you are too busy shilling for the dems.

Add to that all third parties end-up shilling for one of the other two depending on the amount of money that they get from them.

Third parties are for self-important losers, Mac.

I've been telling you this for a decade, but you keep sticking your fingers in your ears.

Fact is, her very own constituents threw her out of office, by a wide margin. Another fact is, despite many other choices, Republicans overwhelmingly voted for Trump in the primaries by 92%. So, who is going to be in her new party? Those 100 people could call themselves the Totally Irrelevant Party.

Cheney understand that it’s imperative that Trump be defeated and kept out of the WH.

...This lady has guts. Not to mention principles. And, I say that as someone who couldn't stand her or her dad. Going head-to-head against Trump, fully aware that she could lose her seat, is a true profile in courage. Bravo to her!...
clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Agreed. Liz Cheney AND Adam Kinzinger are BOTH true American Heroes...

Congressional Gold Medal candidates... once hyper-MAGAtts have been phased out of the House...

The Party of Lincoln is on life-support... having become the analogy of the Whig Know-Nothings of the 19th century...

It remains to be seen whether it can recover from its present toxic-sepsis condition; infested with MAGAtts as it is...

Last edited:
The Cheney's and the Bush's have never done anything positive for the American working class... they are DC scum who only care about themselves and their rich friends....
So if dems are now going to adopt them so be it.... they can have them.... as far as Liz goes... there must be something wrong with her that she can't see how hated her and her father have become... at least GW saw how disliked he is and left the stage to hold up on his ranch....

We definitely need a strong and viable third party. The two "major" parties are controlled by their wings.

No they are not. This lie that "both parties are the same" isn't helpful, nor is it true. But it does give Republicans the notion that their party is just fine and the Democrats are no different that they are, which is clearly NOT TRUE.

Democrats are NOT controlled by their "most radical members". They're fielding centrist candidates for leadership. Not people who are killing pregnant women.

That would be interesting, Wonder what kind of people? honest-? education,?- life experience,?- job experience ?
Would steer this kind of party, With focus on Country over political party hacks????

Yep. She and the centrist POSs in the Never-Trump, RINO, and progressive wings of the Republican Party should leave and form their own party. They can be the Believes in Nothing Party.

Forum List

Back