Maine man sparks police standoff with gun tattoo on stomach

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"Police initially thought Michael Smith was packing heat — but it turns out he has a life-sized handgun tattooed on his stomach. Smith had gotten into an argument with an area landscape company, who thought he was brandishing a weapon tucked in his pants".

Michael-Smith-confronted-for-gun-tattoo.jpg

gun-tattoo.jpg

Maine man sparks police standoff with gun tattoo on stomach* - NY Daily News

He should have gotten a carry permit for that tattoo...

"Police initially thought Michael Smith was packing heat — but it turns out he has a life-sized handgun tattooed on his stomach. Smith had gotten into an argument with an area landscape company, who thought he was brandishing a weapon tucked in his pants".

gun-tattoo.jpg

Since when is it against the law to posses a firearm on your own property?

Since when is it against the law to posses a firearm on your own property?
It isn't.

Police were there because it reported he had flashed a firearm at landscapers during an argument.

Blame the landscapers I guess.

I'm not blaming anyone. I was just wondering why there was a problem in the first place. I travel around my property all the time with a side arm in plain sight. No one has called the police on me yet. Maybe it's a Texas thing.

Wait, this is all sorts of twilight zone unless I've missed some information. This man, in Maine, comes out in what is still pretty much winter with no shirt, to argue with a LANDSCAPING crew over pruning, and the cops end up called because he has a psitol tattoo on his belly?

:lmao:

What's in the water up there? It reminds me of some Trailer Park Boys episode yet to be released.

The landscapers thought he had a firearm and it was a tattoo.....The man was dealing with the landscapers/trespassers in a an angry and what they may have considered belligerent manner.

The landscapers overreacted to the tattoo.....It is winter if the far north cabin fever prevails.

gun-tattoo.jpg

hopefully he didn't have more than 7 rounds in that thing. I wonder if he had a background check before he got it.

But the weapon he was weilding was only a life-sized tattoo of a handgun with the barrel of the pistol tucked just below the beltline.

“Obviously it was a misunderstanding and he didn’t have a weapon, but we had to respond to the initial report as if he did,” Maine State Police Trooper Scott Duff told the Morning Sentinel. “We take all precautions when we don’t have the details.”
Even if someone thought he had a gun tucked into his beltline, the man was standing on his own property. It was impossible for him to wave a gun at anyone since it was not a real gun, so I still don't know why police were called? :eusa_eh:

Wonder why the near-sighted landscapers didn't also report that his Right arm was on fire...
:eusa_whistle:

This is what we get from those zero tolerance school rules.. Where you can't chew your poptart into the shape of a gun.

An incredible story.

Like others in Texas, when out on the farm, I carried a firearm.

How does a tattoo of a pistol end up in a call of a man "waving the firearm" and lead to a police presence?

The tattoo toting man has purportedly sought counsel and relief from Cecilia Giménez famous for the Restoration of a century-old “ecce homo” fresco of Jesus crowned with thorns, in Santuario de la Misericordia, a Roman Catholic church in Borja, near the city of Zaragoza, who now is a tattoo artiste shown below at her studio assisting an "ink" aficionado.

By way of background here is some information on the celebrated artist. Spanish art restorer, 82, who turned Jesus into a 'hairy monkey' in clumsy restoration of famous work signs merchandising deal as image gets imprinted on T-shirts

OK, Maine is an OPEN CARRY STATE. If the crew was too stupid to know that, surely the cops should have known. It amazes me how many cops are out there that are abysmally ignorant about the laws of their own states about guns.

Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response | Fox News

Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man's home after members of a tree removal crew he'd told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

Turns out the "gun" the tree crew had seen on Michael Smith of Norridgewock was just a life-sized tattoo of a handgun on his stomach.

Smith, who works nights, was asleep when the tree crew contracted by a utility to trim branches near power lines, woke him up at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he's not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

OK, Maine is an OPEN CARRY STATE. If the crew was too stupid to know that, surely the cops should have known. It amazes me how many cops are out there that are abysmally ignorant about the laws of their own states about guns.

Gun tattoo in Maine prompts heavy police response | Fox News

Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man's home after members of a tree removal crew he'd told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

Turns out the "gun" the tree crew had seen on Michael Smith of Norridgewock was just a life-sized tattoo of a handgun on his stomach.

Smith, who works nights, was asleep when the tree crew contracted by a utility to trim branches near power lines, woke him up at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he's not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

LOL What idiot doesn't know the difference between a tattoo and a real gun? Obviously a blind idiot!

We are talking about MAINE here.

Mainers are a whole different animal.

The guy is lucky he wasn't SHOT.

The guy with the tattoo?

No one except the cops had any guns....oh wait, see your point.

Wow, ever miss the days when law enforcement made you feel kind of like you had a friend with a badge, instead of 'oh, shit! better keep my hands visible and move slowly!'

Forum List

Back