Making your own gin

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Anyone here do it?

Doing a little cleaning today, have the pine sol out and it has a lovely fragrance.

How hard could it be to make some alcohol, and then flavor it with lime juice and a touch of pine sol in the bath tub? Why spend $7 bucks for a fifth of fine gin, when you can cook it up at less cost at home?

LOL@Pine sol! Might want to rethink that one~

Infusing vodka or Everclear with Juniper berries or, indeed, any edible botanical--can be a lot of fun.
If you want that Pine Sol flavor--maybe pine nuts? I'd not use actual pine needles or such..as it is poison.

If you are going to go through all the work of extraction of botanicals with alcohol, instead of making Gin, you should make Absinthe.

Your biggest challenge of course, is locating some premium Wormword.

See. . . the advantage here? Is that Wormwood contains Thujone.

This is well known for being Edgar Allen Poe's drink of choice, and, some hypothesize for what drove him insane. It is the only cordial I have ever taken the time to make. It was a trip. In most places in the U.S., premium Absinthe is against the law to sell. I think they sell weak ass shit in Canada.

Of course, these days, I hear you can directly buy the Thujone online, so, it might be a hell of a lot easy to make it far more potent, I do not know. . .

Those wild and crazy days are far, far behind me.

If you are going to go through all the work of extraction of botanicals with alcohol, instead of making Gin, you should make Absinthe.

Your biggest challenge of course, is locating some premium Wormword.

See. . . the advantage here? Is that Wormwood contains Thujone.

This is well known for being Edgar Allen Poe's drink of choice, and, some hypothesize for what drove him insane. It is the only cordial I have ever taken the time to make. It was a trip. In most places in the U.S., premium Absinthe is against the law to sell. I think they sell weak ass shit in Canada.

Of course, these days, I hear you can directly buy the Thujone online, so, it might be a hell of a lot easy to make it far more potent, I do not know. . .

Those wild and crazy days are far, far behind me.

Well. Poe--huh...he married a 13 year old..and did love his drink. An autopsy showed he had a lesion on his brain..so how much that had to do with his raving...is anyone's guess.

Nevermore~

LOL@Pine sol! Might want to rethink that one~

Infusing vodka or Everclear with Juniper berries or, indeed, any edible botanical--can be a lot of fun.
If you want that Pine Sol flavor--maybe pine nuts? I'd not use actual pine needles or such..as it is poison.

Please don't correct his. This is the Darwin effect in motion.

How hard could it be to make some alcohol, and then flavor it with lime juice and a touch of pine sol in the bath tub? Why spend $7 bucks for a fifth of fine gin, when you can cook it up at less cost at home?
I would agree if you know what you're doing. But if you're thinking about getting into it, best to spend a year of learning curve to do it safely.

Cleaned out the fridge yesterday .There was a bottle of apple juice, ingredients said 6% added sugar it was way past it expire date by two months . It had never been opened when I opened it the aroma almost knocked me out. It was like my Grandpas home made whiskey. So I took a taste and it was strong like white lightning. It was that strong. I poured the rest out. Thought I post it just in case some members wanted to make some really potent home made hooch. It was taste between beer and bourbon.

Cleaned out the fridge yesterday .There was a bottle of apple juice, ingredients said 6% added sugar it was way past it expire date by two months . It had never been opened when I opened it the aroma almost knocked me out. It was like my Grandpas home made whiskey. So I took a taste and it was strong like white lightning. It was that strong. I poured the rest out. Thought I post it just in case some members wanted to make some really potent home made hooch. It was taste between beer and bourbon.
Yeah..if it works long enough the mositure will leech off..leaving more and more kick. Got to be careful though..those kind of experiments can lead to a long time on the throne!

Forum List

Back