Man Beaten Near Washington Square Park in Apparent Random Attack

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

A Manhattan man was beaten so badly by a group of teens near the New York University campus that he needed to get surgery for a fractured nose, and he said the sudden, violent attack was random and unprovoked.

Sal Avila, 27, says he was on his way to get a Citi Bike at about 1 a.m. Sunday after leaving a friend's house when he saw three young men walking toward him on the sidewalk in Washington Square Park. He looked down at his phone for a moment just as they were passing him, and that's when he says he was punched.

"Just as they were about to walk past me, one of them moves very suddenly and I feel a very hard impact to my face, as if I got hit by a brick or something," he said.

Avila was hurt, but he was able to run for help. Bystanders scared off the attackers and helped identify them to police. Officers quickly arrested one of the three suspects, a 16-year-old boy.

The teen has been charged with attempted robbery, but Avila said his attackers never tried to steal anything from him. He thinks their only goal was to hurt him.

"My watch wasn't taken. My phone, which was in my hand, wasn't taken," he said. "There was no attempt for my pockets that I could see."

"This wasn't an act to get anything from me," he said. "It was simply to do damage, and instill fear."

Avila was left with a fractured nose and needed surgery. Still, he said he feels lucky.

"In a way, I'm glad that i happened to me. I'm glad it didn't happen to someone elderly who could have died from the blow," he said.

Police are looking for the two other suspects.

Man Beaten Near Washington Square Park in Apparent Random Attack | NBC New York

-----------------------------------

I cannot help but notice how NBC reporting does not let us know what the race of the "young men" are. Well, the police are still looking for the other two "suspects."

Yeah, I am wondering why they left out the race of the "young men" who made this unprovoked attack.

Why, is there such an effort not reporting the full story, than reporting the full story? Considering the police are still looking for the "attackers" isn't a full description of the "assailants" rather crucial?

Let us take a guess as to why there is such a concerted effort to not report the full story.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

At some point in this thread you are going to declare you aren't a racist..right?

At some point in this thread you are going to declare you aren't a racist..right?

Are you ok with people knocking or beaten for no reason?

I think it is pretty cowardly that a group of teens need to gang up against one man.

I think it is pretty cowardly that a group of teens need to gang up against one man.

There's always a reason, Matt.

Most of the time, it has nothing to do with race..and a lot to do with Poverty.

I've been to some very violent places where the population is fairly homogeneous.

Still a lot of violence.

What's the similarity?

Economic disparity.

I've been to some very violent places where the population is fairly homogeneous.

Still a lot of violence.

What's the similarity?

Economic disparity.

I have no idea why I am even communicating with you. Lets assume we all know the reason why NBC is making such an effort to avoid telling us the full story and it has to do with race.

You, of course in your pathetic manner, justify this incident. I am also assuming you are assuming the "young men" were indeed black.

You of course say "poverty" is the justification, like the piece ofstereotyping sack of left wing politically correct shit you are.

Not only do you not know the race you have no idea what their financial situation is. No fucking clue. That half Asian kid who hacked his roommates with a machete and a hammer was pretty rich. Oh, wait......he was half white as BSNBC reported. So, that case does not count.

You fucking idiot.

Hey sallow, tell us what the financial conditions of these "young men" were. Not only do you not know the race, there is no report about their financial situation.

Even if we find out they are in poverty, according to the report (if you even bothered to read or listen to it) the man was not robbed of his money.

Now, what the fuck do you have to say about that?

Last edited:

Still a lot of violence.

What's the similarity?

Economic disparity.

So you give them a pass because it may have been poverty?

Sallow is a typical liberal. He see's everything in color and he rushes to defend the darker ones. It doesn't matter if they are the good guys are the bad guys, they are black so they must need defending. Liberals, especially white liberals actually believe they are here to protect minorities because they don't think minorities are capable of defending themselves. They are the true racist among us.

The police know. I hope the "teens" are caught, tried as adults.

In Boston such random attacks are more typically committed by fairly affluent kids from the suburbs who come to Btown to do some wilding.

They are White boys, FYI.

Still a lot of violence.

What's the similarity?

Economic disparity.

Poverty? They didnt steal anything.

Still a lot of violence.

What's the similarity?

Economic disparity.

I have no idea why I am even communicating with you. Lets assume we all know the reason why NBC is making such an effort to avoid telling us the full story and it has to do with race.

You, of course in your pathetic manner, justify this incident. I am also assuming you are assuming the "young men" were indeed black.

You of course say "poverty" is the justification, like the piece ofstereotyping sack of left wing politically correct shit you are.

Not only do you not know the race you have no idea what their financial situation is. No fucking clue. That half Asian kid who hacked his roommates with a machete and a hammer was pretty rich. Oh, wait......he was half white as BSNBC reported. So, that case does not count.

You fucking idiot.

Hey sallow, tell us what the financial conditions of these "young men" were. Not only do you not know the race, there is no report about their financial situation.

Even if we find out they are in poverty, according to the report (if you even bothered to read or listen to it) the man was not robbed of his money.

Now, what the fuck do you have to say about that?

Not only are you laundry listing here, you are kitchen sinking.

Which essentially is a smoke screen to the bottom line of your thread.

Hence the insults.

Dude, you are so transparent..it's really just to easy.

Forum List

Back