Man charged with killing DUI who killed his two sons

[
This is a perfect example of why ordinary citizens should not be carrying weapons because they can just shoot and ask questions later in a moment of passion. He shot the guy at the crash scene because the guy was 'suspected' of drunken driving. He may very well have been drunk, but vigilantism is the wrong way to go: it leads to anarchy; no one is safe if we accept vigilantism as an acceptable way to deal with this kind of thing, whatever it is. The person someone shoots in such a situation may turn out to not be guilty, but even if he is, it is not up to the individual, not in a civilized society, to determine who deserves the death sentence and who doesn't.

HAHAHA. Another gutless coward advising us to "let the govt handle everything". Well screw that - there's not one honest judge or lawyer in america and if you want justice, you better get if for yourself.

waht is the differance between manslaughter and murder?

The original idea is that manslaughter is causing an illegal death by recklessness and murder is causing an illegal death with premeditation.

Of course, the law has altered that and nowadays lots of accidental deaths are classed as murder.

Let's hope the jury practices jury nullification and lets this dad go even if he is guilty. Drunk drivers are coddled way too much in america and as a consequence citizens are forced to be vigilantees to obtain justice.

The Constitution guarantees us all the right to Due Process.

The constitution? HAHAHA. Govt ignores that all the time. Why can't citizens.

I hardly think I want someone of the likes of you to be making that decision.

The problem is that it is highly unlikely that the offender would have gotten but 12 months in prison.

Source?

I'm not outright calling your claim false, but I keep seeing people in this thread implying drunk drivers that cause accidents involving fatalities don't get serious time and nobody appears able to back it up. From what I've noted in the news (which I'll acknowledge is just as anecdotal as you reference) in this day and age drunk driving offenses are taken quite seriously and incidents resulting in fatalities receive harsh sentences, as they should.

People who cause fatal accidents when they are drunk driving are charged with vehicular homocide and get serious jail time. I think people are intentionally making a false statement to say they just get a slap on the wrist. Laura Bush did have an accident in which someone died. It didn't involve drunk driving however. Still, it may have been that she had 'connections' and that's why she didn't get charged with anything. That's another situation to the one in the OP.

This thread is interesting in that people are so gleeful that the father took his gun to shoot someone instead of relying on the justice system. You are making it clear your claim for the right to own guns isn't about 2nd amendment rights, it's about being able to take the law into your own hands and execute whoever you want when you want.

Dont Taz Me Bro;6809422=ShootSpeeders;6806994 said:
The Constitution guarantees us all the right to Due Process.
Some people who are so interested in the right to owns guns are clearly not interested in the right to due process.

Last edited:
Yep at least here in KY if you are DUI and someone is killed in a wreck you are charged with vehicular manslaughter.

But how much time do they do?. Hell - in many cases vehicular manslaughter is charged as a misdemeanor!!

Our drug laws are so insane. Drunk driving resulting in a death is a misdemeanor while mere possession of cocaine is a felony!!!
Manslaughter a misdemeanor???

Get you head out of your ass.

Here they generally do 5-10 for Dui manslaughter.

Drinking and driving is unacceptable and anyone who does so and kills someone in the act should be incarcerated for life. I wouldn't have shot the man. I'd rather see him rot in a jail cell for life haunted by his actions; seems like a better punishment.

Yep at least here in KY if you are DUI and someone is killed in a wreck you are charged with vehicular manslaughter.

But how much time do they do?. Hell - in many cases vehicular manslaughter is charged as a misdemeanor!!

Our drug laws are so insane. Drunk driving resulting in a death is a misdemeanor while mere possession of cocaine is a felony!!!

I don't believe the OP is interested in facts or in being truthful.

So the guy killed the other driver and now he leaves a wife, 8yr old daughter and a baby behind when he goes to jail for murder?

Drunk driving resulting in a death is a misdemeanor while mere possession of cocaine is a felony!!!
This is false, but at this point it has become quite clear you just say whatever pops into your little brain as fact when you no clue.

Carry on.

Some people who are so interested in the right to owns guns are clearly not interested in the right to due process.
This is an interesting point.

It would be neat to see the overlap between the people who support this guy killing the other driver with the group going apeshit over a drone strike on an American citizen terrorist who didn't get due process before receiving hellfire missile to rectum.

Drunk driving resulting in a death is a misdemeanor while mere possession of cocaine is a felony!!!
This is false, but at this point it has become quite clear you just say whatever pops into your little brain as fact when you no clue.

Carry on.

You are impressive. Quick on the uptake. I think upgrade to admiration is in the offing.

Regards from Rosie

Let's hope the jury practices jury nullification and lets this dad go even if he is guilty. Drunk drivers are coddled way too much in america and as a consequence citizens are forced to be vigilantees to obtain justice.

EarthLink - U.S. News

By JUAN A. LOZANO
From Associated Press
February 11, 2013 6:13 PM EST
HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas man whose two young sons were killed in a traffic accident has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting at the crash scene of a suspected drunken driver.

Brothers David Jr. and Caleb Barajas were helping their father push their broken-down pickup truck when a vehicle driven by 20-year-old Jose Banda plowed into them. The December accident happened just 50 yards away from the Barajas' rural Houston-area home.

Banda was later found shot. Brazoria County sheriff's investigator Dominick Sanders says witnesses saw David Barajas Sr. next to Banda's vehicle when shots were fired.

Barajas has been indicted for murder and was being held Monday in the Brazoria County Jail on a $450,000 bond.

Let's hope he gets a judge who can explain the rule of law to the jurors in such a way that they clearly understand their duty.

Based on the evidence presented in the story, he is a murderer.

[ Laura Bush did have an accident in which someone died. It didn't involve drunk driving however. Still, it may have been that she had 'connections' and that's why she didn't get charged with anything.

How do you know she wasn't drunk.? Very likely she was. Anyway she did blow the stop sign and killed a guy who was a former BOY FRIEND!!!. It was at least manslaughter and may have been murder. She had connections all right to get off with no charges filed.

Back in 2000, the useless state media would occasionally ask laura about this and shed say "it's too painful to talk about" and the press would drop it!!

Yes sometimes you see people charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter. It's not common but it's not rare either.

Carry on.

You are the one lying. I have seen numerous times where people are charged with misdemeanor manslaughter from drunk driving. No one is saying it is SOP but sometimes it happens. Get your butt outta your head.

What a silly thing to say. The law lets people get away with lots of killing for reasons other than self defense. Happens all the time with highway homicide. Former FL laura bush once blew a stop sign and killed a guy and the law called it an accident and did nothing.

It probably was. That's why it's called an accident, not an 'on purpose'...doofus....

Oh yeah - the law called it an accident so it must be so. The law never lies does it. ? Anyway she killed the guy by her reckless driving so it was manslaughter at the least. And since the deceased was a former boy friend it may well have been MURDER. But nuts like you say "call it an accident and forget it".

Let's hope he gets a judge who can explain the rule of law to the jurors in such a way that they clearly understand their duty.

Rule of Law??? You mean like the way your god obozo has told millions of illegals they can live here in violation of our laws cuz he's not gonna enforce the law???

Obozo has destroyed rule of law.

Forum List

Back