Man charged with killing DUI who killed his two sons

Let's hope he gets a judge who can explain the rule of law to the jurors in such a way that they clearly understand their duty.

Rule of Law??? You mean like the way your god obozo has told millions of illegals they can live here in violation of our laws cuz he's not gonna enforce the law???

Obozo has destroyed rule of law.

Guess what you racist twat, I didn't for Obama so fuck off with that shit.

I didn't like amnesty when Reagan did it, I don't like it now.

I don't like drunk drivers, I don't like drunk drivers that kill people. I've lost too many to drunks behind the wheel to have any tolerance for that nonsense. However, my feelings and my loss do not over rule the laws of this country and they sure as fuck don't justify murdering someone.

So, why don't you pull your head out of your ass and go find somewhere else to play? You're out of your league here.

Understanding why a father would want to kill a drunk driver for causing the death of his child easy. Just think of your own child and what you would do if someone so much as threatened them with harm. It is natural. It is a fact of life, especially among responsible parents that love, care for and guide their offspring through childhood. Condoning the act is not so easy.

Many years ago, a dear friend's daughter was killed by a DUI driver in a horrendous wreck involving a delivery truck (his) and a Beetle (hers)...and he was literally and completely DRUNK! My friend's pain and sorrow cut into me deeply. I spent many an hour with the family trying help them through their sorrow in the loss of their teenage daughter at the hand of a drunk.

Week's after the funeral, my friend said he was interested in buying a small grocery store on the outskirts of town. He wanted it because it was next door to the home of the drunk that killed his daughter....and he planned to kill him with a rifle shot from inside the store. It was hard to talk him out of that...but we did...me and another friend.

Had my friend been just 50 yards from a gun while standing at the scene of his daughter's death, I'm sure he would have got the gun and killed the man. It still would have been wrong!

What we need is stricter laws regarding DUI and harsh punishment for convictions even when nobody is hurt.
1st offense..no driving for a year
2nd offense..no driving for 5 years ...one year in jail... no early outs...
3rd offense..no driving ever..5 years in jail..no early outs

Get the goddamned drunks off the roads!

And the man who killed the other in premeditated murder is worse than the one who killed two by accident. Im sure that's not what his sons would have wanted.

Vengeance is not Justice. It never has been and it never will be.

Let's hope he gets a judge who can explain the rule of law to the jurors in such a way that they clearly understand their duty.

Rule of Law??? You mean like the way your god obozo has told millions of illegals they can live here in violation of our laws cuz he's not gonna enforce the law???

Oh, so because Obama disregards it, we should to?

That makes you so much better than Obama. Your just a potential despot in your own right.

I can sympathize with the father of the two boys, but I can't condone his actions. We are a nation of laws, not of men. You can't just take the law into your own hands if and when it suits you.

"When you set out on the road to revenge, start first by digging two graves - one for your victim, and the other for yourself."

And the man who killed the other in premeditated murder is worse than the one who killed two by accident. Im sure that's not what his sons would have wanted.

Vengeance is not Justice. It never has been and it never will be.

That makes you so much better than Obama. Your just a potential despot in your own right.

You must spread some reputation around before giving to Avatar 4321 again.

I can sympathize with the father of the two boys, but I can't condone his actions. We are a nation of laws, not of men. You can't just take the law into your own hands if and when it suits you.

"When you set out on the road to revenge, start first by digging two graves - one for your victim, and the other for yourself."

Yes, that is the crux of the matter. I can undestand the father's rage. I've felt such rage before, I was glad I had no weapons to hand. And I'm sure I never felt as much rage as a father seeing his two boys killed by a drunk driver. Still, we must let the system work; though it isn't perfect, it is better than anarchy. With anarchy, vigilantism, we are all at risk. Somalia comes to mind.

It's a sad story. Now the father has lost his sons, the family has lost their father, and the other man's family has lost a father/son/brother. No one wins, and everyone loses.

Last edited:

Based on the evidence presented in the story, he is a murderer.

Do you have any children?

A plea of temporary insanity from grief and rage is not completely out of the question here.

"Every time we would pursue a lead, it always came back to Mr. Barajas," Sanders said. "We have numerous statements placing him there at the car in close proximity to the victim at the time the gunshot was fired."

Everytime I read this, I got confused, the only "victim" in this tragedy I could see were the two sons and the father, yet this article was referring to the slain drunk as a "victim." :tongue:

Although what he did was unquestionably a hasty act of rage, and he probably should have restrained himself, there is probably not a parent that would condemn what he did knowing how ineffective and corrupt our system has become. Granted, there are laws on the books to deal with this sort of situation, however, the only thing a jury will see, is a young kid just starting out in life that made a tragic mistake. A good lawyer will bring in all the 20 year old's friends, relatives, mother, girlfriend, etc., and the jury will not think of the grieving family and the slain children, but of the stupid mistake and the lost innocence of the 20 year old "boy." That is what the lawyer will make the 20 year old look like. . . just a kid.

We parents know better. We know what that punk ass kid right out of his teen year does when his family is not around. We know what he does when he is not at school or at work, he is acting like a stupid idiotic, not giving a damn or caring about a soul in the world but himself. His childhood IS OVER. And that father not only saw that he stole the childhood of his own children because of Jose's selfishness, he stole their lives. This is something that the jury just won't give a damn about, because that life is gone, and it won't come back. So nobody cares now. Life moves on. Society has to deal with the young that are left. Mistakes are made, and the STATE doesn't want to pay for supporting Jose living in an institution his whole life for being selfish and drinking and driving. . . Most STATES support the concept of "rehabilitation."

http://www.madd.org/laws/law-overview/Vehicular_Homicide_Overview.pdf

So the younger you are? The lowest minimum sentence will be applied on these guild-lines per your state. Then think about if you had two sons, and think about if that seems like justice to you. I can tell you as a father of an eleven year old, if I owned a gun? Nope, it would not seem like justice. Not by a long shot. I had spent for more love, more capital, and more of my life invested in raising my boys than that idiot would do spending time thinking about what he did.

But I am smarter than that. If I was insane with grief and rage and motivated by vengeance to do something that vile, stupid and nasty; I would probably snap the fuckers neck. This way, when the police came, even if they did suspect foul play, they probably would just turn their heads and wouldn't give a flying fuck. A bullet needs to be investigated, bullets don't just appear in car wrecks. Broken necks? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

That's a very good point. Just remember, George W. Bush did it first. They are all traitorous criminals. I believe it was an aide that over heard him speaking when they were talking about creating the Patriot Act, Bush has even called the U.S. Constitution "nothing but a goddamned piece of paper."
bush.jpg

Based on the evidence presented in the story, he is a murderer.

Do you have any children?

A plea of temporary insanity from grief and rage is not completely out of the question here.

"Every time we would pursue a lead, it always came back to Mr. Barajas," Sanders said. "We have numerous statements placing him there at the car in close proximity to the victim at the time the gunshot was fired."

Everytime I read this, I got confused, the only "victim" in this tragedy I could see were the two sons and the father, yet this article was referring to the slain drunk as a "victim." :tongue:

Although what he did was unquestionably a hasty act of rage, and he probably should have restrained himself, there is probably not a parent that would condemn what he did knowing how ineffective and corrupt our system has become. Granted, there are laws on the books to deal with this sort of situation, however, the only thing a jury will see, is a young kid just starting out in life that made a tragic mistake. A good lawyer will bring in all the 20 year old's friends, relatives, mother, girlfriend, etc., and the jury will not think of the grieving family and the slain children, but of the stupid mistake and the lost innocence of the 20 year old "boy." That is what the lawyer will make the 20 year old look like. . . just a kid.

We parents know better. We know what that punk ass kid right out of his teen year does when his family is not around. We know what he does when he is not at school or at work, he is acting like a stupid idiotic, not giving a damn or caring about a soul in the world but himself. His childhood IS OVER. And that father not only saw that he stole the childhood of his own children because of Jose's selfishness, he stole their lives. This is something that the jury just won't give a damn about, because that life is gone, and it won't come back. So nobody cares now. Life moves on. Society has to deal with the young that are left. Mistakes are made, and the STATE doesn't want to pay for supporting Jose living in an institution his whole life for being selfish and drinking and driving. . . Most STATES support the concept of "rehabilitation."

http://www.madd.org/laws/law-overview/Vehicular_Homicide_Overview.pdf

So the younger you are? The lowest minimum sentence will be applied on these guild-lines per your state. Then think about if you had two sons, and think about if that seems like justice to you. I can tell you as a father of an eleven year old, if I owned a gun? Nope, it would not seem like justice. Not by a long shot. I had spent for more love, more capital, and more of my life invested in raising my boys than that idiot would do spending time thinking about what he did.

But I am smarter than that. If I was insane with grief and rage and motivated by vengeance to do something that vile, stupid and nasty; I would probably snap the fuckers neck. This way, when the police came, even if they did suspect foul play, they probably would just turn their heads and wouldn't give a flying fuck. A bullet needs to be investigated, bullets don't just appear in car wrecks. Broken necks? :rolleyes:

Yes, I have children. And I have lost friends and family to drunk drivers, perhaps more than one person should have to endure. Does this somehow justify committing murder?

I am not unsympathetic to this man's pain, I have felt it. I have experienced the rage that results from this sort of loss. I fail to see how it justifies murder...

That's a very good point. Just remember, George W. Bush did it first. They are all traitorous criminals. I believe it was an aide that over heard him speaking when they were talking about creating the Patriot Act, Bush has even called the U.S. Constitution "nothing but a goddamned piece of paper."
bush.jpg

EAT IT BEALE:

Q: Did President Bush call the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper"?

A: Extremely unlikely. The Web site that reported those words has a history of quoting phony sources and retracting bogus stories.

FULL QUESTION

Is it true that President Bush called the Constitution a "goddamned piece of paper?" He has never denied it, and it appears that there were several witnesses.

FULL ANSWER

The report that Bush "screamed" those words at Republican congressional leaders in November 2005 is unsubstantiated, to put it charitably.

We judge that the odds that the report is accurate hover near zero. It comes from Capitol Hill Blue, a Web site that has a history of relying on phony sources, retracting stories and apologizing to its readers.

Update, Feb. 21, 2011: The author of the Capitol Hill Blue story has now withdrawn it...

FactCheck.org : Bush: The Constitution a ?Goddamned Piece of Paper??

What we need is stricter laws regarding DUI and harsh punishment for convictions even when nobody is hurt.
1st offense..no driving for a year
2nd offense..no driving for 5 years ...one year in jail... no early outs...
3rd offense..no driving ever..5 years in jail..no early outs

Get the goddamned drunks off the roads!

We need to also make DUI a felony even for first offenders. That would take away many of their rights and job opportunities. DUI is a super-violent drug crime. Many tax evaders are charged as felons and drunk driving is far worse than that.

Forum List

Back