Masks aren’t needed outside

Finally MA has come to its senses. My kids played lax games today without masks!!! Thank goodness.

Masks don’t work. They were always a political statement.

You sound like someone from the mid 1800s who laughed at and ridiculed hand washing for sanitary reasons.

Medical masks are designed to limit bacterial infections, they are not meant for anything viral.

If you look at the precautions a BSL 4 lab take? You will quickly see through the propaganda. . .

iu

This sounds like a right wing talking point as is most debates surrounding masks being spread by right wingers. Masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses. This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced. Countries slow to adopt this policy or get it's ppl to adopt their usage religiously is why they suffered huge infection and death rates. When india stopped wearing masks and gathered in large groups is when their cases exploded. None of this was any coincidence.
You sound like a deranged panic driven leftist.

What part of my post sounded panic driven?
When you said masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses…untrue for all masks. Must be clean masks and worn properly. And you should not touch your face as that is how COVID19 spreads but tough to put a mask on and adjust it without touching your face. Then you brought up one of the least sanitary countries in the world in India. You are panic driven. Mask = Lefts MAGA hat. Finally MA saw the light.

When i speak about masks, I am mostly referring to the surgical ones, but as long it's not some cheap cloth one like a bandana its ok, even if not ideal. The important part is that everyone is wearing them and social distancing, like they did in Asia. It worked, and it's proven. It has nothing to do with getting some fake mass immunity because 5k ppl got in Asia 17 years ago. Thats probably one of the most ridiculous stories i've ever heard come out of a person, but it's actually meant to sound somewhat credible for low information people who get their "facts" from reading memes on the internet, and there lies the problem. You ppl spread these lies amongst yourselves like they're real, but in the echo chamber you live in they actually are.

Covid spreads through your eyes, nose and mouth. I don't make skin on skin contact on any of these areas when i'm adjusting my mask, I don't know why it's difficult for you. As for india, they were kicking covid's ass relative to their population and their living conditions. One would immediately assume that country would be in flames, just like it is now, but that's not what happened. They masked up and social distanced. Their leaders proclaimed victory, dropped mandates and restrictions over the winter, allowed super spreader events they created to happen and look at their country now. It's exactly the hell on earth which everyone expected it to be, all because they did the very moronic thing many ppl on this board and around this country have been advocating for since the start.
What is difficult? Masks don’t do shit unless you wash your hands consistently and the masks are clean. I do Not know why that’s so difficult for you, leftist?

Clean hands are not necessary if you don't touch anything, but that's why we have hand sanitizer. Buying a disposal mask doesn't require it to be constantly clean. Just throw it away and wear a new one. Great job btw trying to move the goal posts.
So sanitizer is now glued to us? We were wearing masks since April and COVID still spread. Pretty sure masks were useless. And yeah doesn’t require it but people wore the same mask over and over again vs disposal. Duh. Masks aren’t free. Many could not afford to keep buying them. You’re such a dumb leftist.

Correction. People wore masks, but not everyone wore them, and not in every single instance. When you have such an infectious virus going around you're not going to stop it with half hearted attempts at mask wearing. Furthermore, you're only looking at this from our current situation. You have to ask the question, if no one wore a single mask or social distanced, where would we be right now? Our current numbers could be 10x worse in the best case scenario. Mask wearing has virtually eliminated the flu. In 2019 we had 130,000 flu cases, this past flu season (2020) we had 1,300 cases per the cdc even with our shotty on again off again masking. Why do you think that is? What was the one common denominator? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

You can buy small bottles of it at any convenience store. Convenience, grocery and chain stores have sanitizer for ppl to use freely when they come and go. Surgical masks are insanely cheap for one box of 50 or 100. We are talking $6-10. Even N95 masks costs under $1 to around $1.50 per mask. K95 are even cheaper at maybe 50 cents per mask or so. If you are so destitute you can't afford this, you can simply get a thick layer cotton mask you can wash over and over. If there are "many" people out there who can't afford less than 10 cents a day then we as a country are way worse off than a third world nation, who you expect to be extremely poor.
You don’t know any of this. 10x worse lol. Was Sweden 10x worse? No masks, little if any social distancing and their numbers are on par with other European countries. Why would your conjecture be better than mine? Makes no sense. There are people out there starving every night according to your party so yeah, they cannot afford 10 cents a day. Why don’t you drive down to Compton and see how many masks are available.

Its funny you ask that because Sweden is actually 10x worse than their neighbors, Finland, Norway and Denmark, which took the more cautious and smart approach, but of course you don't want to hear that. The facts are in the number of cases and deaths suffered in sweden compared to those other countries. Even sweden at some point had to impose masks in certain situations. As for other european countries, why would you compare a small country like Sweden to large populated countries in Europe where everyone is living on top of each other? Sweden is larger than California, but with 1/4 of it's population. Britain has less than half the land mass of Sweden but 6x it's population. Most of the most densely populated western cities and countries have always been hit hardest since the beginning of the pandemic. It's just simple math. Saying Sweden is on par with the horrible numbers from other packed european countries much larger than them is a funny comparison and not actually a good thing, but rather an example of a terrible decision in light of how many more lives were saved in neighboring countries right next to sweden.

It's always funny how those on the right always use Sweden, one tiny country of 10 million, as their great example of why masks don't work, despite their terrible numbers, but when you mention Vietnam, Thailand, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan all you hear are crickets. But hey, I guess almost 2 billion people are somehow trumped by 10 million.:laugh:

Sweden has taken a unique approach to the pandemic. As other nations implemented lockdowns, Sweden had few rules, focusing instead on social distancing.

Its death toll rose much higher than the countries beside it, despite having similar population demographics.

However, that death toll has stayed lower than many other European countries that were overwhelmed by the virus.

Yup, the bolded part pretty much sums up Sweden's failed covid response policy. As for it being nearly as bad as europe I've already explained why that happened. It's a shame they didn't mask up and social distanced like HK which has a somewhat similar population, but is 427 sq miles compared to Sweden's 178,000 sq miles. I see you've totally ignored all the countries I gave examples of where masks worked :laugh:

Finally MA has come to its senses. My kids played lax games today without masks!!! Thank goodness.

Masks don’t work. They were always a political statement.

You sound like someone from the mid 1800s who laughed at and ridiculed hand washing for sanitary reasons.

Medical masks are designed to limit bacterial infections, they are not meant for anything viral.

If you look at the precautions a BSL 4 lab take? You will quickly see through the propaganda. . .

iu

This sounds like a right wing talking point as is most debates surrounding masks being spread by right wingers. Masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses. This is why covid ran into a wall when everyone in asia immediately masked up and social distanced. Countries slow to adopt this policy or get it's ppl to adopt their usage religiously is why they suffered huge infection and death rates. When india stopped wearing masks and gathered in large groups is when their cases exploded. None of this was any coincidence.
You sound like a deranged panic driven leftist.

What part of my post sounded panic driven?
When you said masks greatly reduce the spread of viruses…untrue for all masks. Must be clean masks and worn properly. And you should not touch your face as that is how COVID19 spreads but tough to put a mask on and adjust it without touching your face. Then you brought up one of the least sanitary countries in the world in India. You are panic driven. Mask = Lefts MAGA hat. Finally MA saw the light.

When i speak about masks, I am mostly referring to the surgical ones, but as long it's not some cheap cloth one like a bandana its ok, even if not ideal. The important part is that everyone is wearing them and social distancing, like they did in Asia. It worked, and it's proven. It has nothing to do with getting some fake mass immunity because 5k ppl got in Asia 17 years ago. Thats probably one of the most ridiculous stories i've ever heard come out of a person, but it's actually meant to sound somewhat credible for low information people who get their "facts" from reading memes on the internet, and there lies the problem. You ppl spread these lies amongst yourselves like they're real, but in the echo chamber you live in they actually are.

Covid spreads through your eyes, nose and mouth. I don't make skin on skin contact on any of these areas when i'm adjusting my mask, I don't know why it's difficult for you. As for india, they were kicking covid's ass relative to their population and their living conditions. One would immediately assume that country would be in flames, just like it is now, but that's not what happened. They masked up and social distanced. Their leaders proclaimed victory, dropped mandates and restrictions over the winter, allowed super spreader events they created to happen and look at their country now. It's exactly the hell on earth which everyone expected it to be, all because they did the very moronic thing many ppl on this board and around this country have been advocating for since the start.
What is difficult? Masks don’t do shit unless you wash your hands consistently and the masks are clean. I do Not know why that’s so difficult for you, leftist?

Clean hands are not necessary if you don't touch anything, but that's why we have hand sanitizer. Buying a disposal mask doesn't require it to be constantly clean. Just throw it away and wear a new one. Great job btw trying to move the goal posts.
So sanitizer is now glued to us? We were wearing masks since April and COVID still spread. Pretty sure masks were useless. And yeah doesn’t require it but people wore the same mask over and over again vs disposal. Duh. Masks aren’t free. Many could not afford to keep buying them. You’re such a dumb leftist.

Correction. People wore masks, but not everyone wore them, and not in every single instance. When you have such an infectious virus going around you're not going to stop it with half hearted attempts at mask wearing. Furthermore, you're only looking at this from our current situation. You have to ask the question, if no one wore a single mask or social distanced, where would we be right now? Our current numbers could be 10x worse in the best case scenario. Mask wearing has virtually eliminated the flu. In 2019 we had 130,000 flu cases, this past flu season (2020) we had 1,300 cases per the cdc even with our shotty on again off again masking. Why do you think that is? What was the one common denominator? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

You can buy small bottles of it at any convenience store. Convenience, grocery and chain stores have sanitizer for ppl to use freely when they come and go. Surgical masks are insanely cheap for one box of 50 or 100. We are talking $6-10. Even N95 masks costs under $1 to around $1.50 per mask. K95 are even cheaper at maybe 50 cents per mask or so. If you are so destitute you can't afford this, you can simply get a thick layer cotton mask you can wash over and over. If there are "many" people out there who can't afford less than 10 cents a day then we as a country are way worse off than a third world nation, who you expect to be extremely poor.
You don’t know any of this. 10x worse lol. Was Sweden 10x worse? No masks, little if any social distancing and their numbers are on par with other European countries. Why would your conjecture be better than mine? Makes no sense. There are people out there starving every night according to your party so yeah, they cannot afford 10 cents a day. Why don’t you drive down to Compton and see how many masks are available.

Its funny you ask that because Sweden is actually 10x worse than their neighbors, Finland, Norway and Denmark, which took the more cautious and smart approach, but of course you don't want to hear that. The facts are in the number of cases and deaths suffered in sweden compared to those other countries. Even sweden at some point had to impose masks in certain situations. As for other european countries, why would you compare a small country like Sweden to large populated countries in Europe where everyone is living on top of each other? Sweden is larger than California, but with 1/4 of it's population. Britain has less than half the land mass of Sweden but 6x it's population. Most of the most densely populated western cities and countries have always been hit hardest since the beginning of the pandemic. It's just simple math. Saying Sweden is on par with the horrible numbers from other packed european countries much larger than them is a funny comparison and not actually a good thing, but rather an example of a terrible decision in light of how many more lives were saved in neighboring countries right next to sweden.

It's always funny how those on the right always use Sweden, one tiny country of 10 million, as their great example of why masks don't work, despite their terrible numbers, but when you mention Vietnam, Thailand, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan all you hear are crickets. But hey, I guess almost 2 billion people are somehow trumped by 10 million.:laugh:

Sweden has taken a unique approach to the pandemic. As other nations implemented lockdowns, Sweden had few rules, focusing instead on social distancing.

Its death toll rose much higher than the countries beside it, despite having similar population demographics.

However, that death toll has stayed lower than many other European countries that were overwhelmed by the virus.

Yup, the bolded part pretty much sums up Sweden's failed covid response policy. As for it being nearly as bad as europe I've already explained why that happened. It's a shame they didn't mask up and social distanced like HK which has a somewhat similar population, but is 427 sq miles compared to Sweden's 178,000 sq miles. I see you've totally ignored all the countries I gave examples of where masks worked :laugh:
SQ miles is irrelevant. They have nearly 10mil there. Masks aren’t needed outside. Let me guess you wore a mask when you were alone in your car too.

Forum List

Back