Maybe every NFL team should be required to put this in every locker room so their multimillionaire mistreated slaves can see it.

If you want to make America color blind, start with taking all foreign words out of the language. But it would make it pretty hard to write anything.
Language has nothing to do with skin color even though most people who speak this or that language are likely to be of mostly one race. But black people, brown people, Asian people, white people or whatever living in France speak French. And, mostly because the French once owned/controlled/occupied part of what is now the United States and a certain number of Americans descended from those, we do have some French terms/names on various things. Ditto Spanish/Mexican, British, etc.

It is only natural that German, Swede, Greek and other immigrant groups who became Americans and helped settle this country would utilize some of their former culture/language into their current one. You especially see this in small rural communities scattered across states like Kansas. But even though the residents there or their parents/grandparents etc. established the area and they enjoy some of the cultural heritage here, they are true blue Americans and wouldn't dream of demanding a special national anthem just for them.

Last edited:
You must not have read any of brokeloser's posts. He is obsessed with hair color.
I don't know or care what he is obsessed with. Certainly it is okay to describe somebody as blonde, brunette or whatever and in identifying certain people as having this or that eye color or skin color could be an identifying factor. But it should just be something observable about a person and not something you make a judgment about.

It's interesting to me that my Driver's License which is an official ID identifying me as a citizen of the USA gives my name, physical address, height, weight, gender, and eye color but doesn't mention skin color. Not sure why that is.

I don't know or care what he is obsessed with. Certainly it is okay to describe somebody as blonde, brunette or whatever and in identifying certain people as having this or that eye color or skin color could be an identifying factor. But it should just be something observable about a person and not something you make a judgment about.

Oh, he judges. Purple sets him off most of all.

Very true.

"Lift Every Voice and Sing" was written in 1905. In 1919, the NAACP dubbed it the "Negro national anthem."

That was twelve years before "The Star-Spangled Banner" (1814) was officially adopted as the national anthem of the United States, in 1931.
But it was not adopted as the National Anthem of the United States. "The Star Spangled Banner" was adopted as the anthem representing every citizen of the United States. We are not one people if each different group has its own anthem, flag, laws, etc.

Playing a 'black' national anthem separates out a single race as different from everybody else. That is not the way to achieve a colorblind society where skin color is of no more importance than eye color or hair color. That is what we should be shooting for.

Oh, he judges. Purple sets him off most of all.
Hmmm. Well, I'll have to say I do tend to see people with purple, blue, pink, green hair as different from mainstream which of course is what people who use those kinds of colors intend. That's no different than those who dress radically differently than most mainstream Americans in order to make a statement.

I don't see them as bad or stupid people unless they are behaving badly or stupidly though.

Pretty common among the young folk these days.
Not all that common in our area but it does happen.

I honestly would consider it a negative if I was hiring somebody say for a front desk receptionist position or anyone else whose job is working face to face with the general public. Wouldn't make as much difference to me though in say an assembly line job or clerical/data entry/accounting or whatever position in which any public contact is more likely to be by phone.

Not all that common in our area but it does happen.

I honestly would consider it a negative if I was hiring somebody say for a front desk receptionist position or anyone else whose job is working face to face with the general public. Wouldn't make as much difference to me though in say an assembly line job or clerical/data entry/accounting or whatever position in which any public contact is more likely to be by phone.

I mean "young folks." Still in school.

Forum List

Back