Meal Kits?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Anyone try one of those "meal kit" services like Green Chef or Blue Apron?

Lately, I'm finding I dine out a lot more often than I used to, simply because I don't really have time to go grocery shopping on a regular basis.

I'm a formidable presence in the kitchen when I want to be, so I imagine I'd be inclined to alter recipes to my taste, but it would be nice if the base ingredients were already there, ready to go.

Anyone?

I have a friend that does blue apron. Its not worth the money IMO.
I mean, the food is not bad, its just too expensive.

Lately, I'm finding I dine out a lot more often than I used to, simply because I don't really have time to go grocery shopping on a regular basis.

I'm a formidable presence in the kitchen when I want to be, so I imagine I'd be inclined to alter recipes to my taste, but it would be nice if the base ingredients were already there, ready to go.

Anyone?
I've tried C rations more than once. I'll trade you my spaghetti for your beany weenies.

Anyone?
I tried one and wasn't impressed.

Anyone?
I've tried C rations more than once. I'll trade you my spaghetti for your beany weenies.

HAH! I've actually got some of those down in the garage!

I know there's mac & cheese and some tuna casserole thing down there...

I have a friend that does blue apron. Its not worth the money IMO.
I mean, the food is not bad, its just too expensive.

I've heard that, but I'm also aware that I'd be paying for the convenience, as well...

Anyone?
I tried one and wasn't impressed.

What was it you'd didn't care for?

Anyone?
Waste of money. I did several free trials and the calculation comes out where you always spend more money than buying in bulk and measuring out.

Anyone?
Waste of money. I did several free trials and the calculation comes out where you always spend more money than buying in bulk and measuring out.

Oh, I understand that.

My issue is that I don't have the time to do much shopping, much less buying in bulk and then measuring out. I understand that there's a premium for this.

I think my question is more with regard to the quality of the food they send you than it is the amount I have to pay for it. That's not a huge concern...

Anyone?
I never understood how just a recipe would be just as good

What is so hard about measuring?

send you than it is the amount I have to pay for it. That's not a huge concern...

Have I got a deal for you! I just happen to have a can of garbanzo beans sitting in my cupboard. Along with this already splendid deal, I have a vintage can of cranberries from Christmas of 1972.

My price is a little high, but I guarantee once some dust and grime are knocked off, you will be the proud owner of two yucky cans of yucky food.

No paypal, no cards. I take cash and beer.

Anyone?
I never understood how just a recipe would be just as good

What is so hard about measuring?
Nothing.

I love cooking. The deal I had with my late spouse was that whoever did not cook had to clean. I loved cooking; I hated cleaning. Meal kits get rid of the cleaning of measuring spoons and cutlery used in prep. That is the only benefit.

Anyone?

Oh, I understand that.

My issue is that I don't have the time to do much shopping, much less buying in bulk and then measuring out. I understand that there's a premium for this.

I think my question is more with regard to the quality of the food they send you than it is the amount I have to pay for it. That's not a huge concern...
Oh in that case....the food I had was great. If you've ever had Omaha steaks, they are about on the same par as those.

The Wife and I have tried several different ones.
They were okay but the menu is limited. The chicken smells horrific when you open the bag but they says thats normal and you just have to rinse it well.
Quite a few would end up in the trash because we didnt get around to making them.
We originally bought them to see if we could find some new dishes to make but found out we like what we like so it was a total fail in that aspect.

Forum List

Back