Microsoft bans "small percentage" of Live accounts - Death Threats in Reaction

I will address the non-shithole part of this post as I tire of coming up with ways to insult you for your ignoring point tonight. Which, you bring up my second point. The ones making the mods are smart enough to not get caught, so they are not likely to ever be effected by this, and even if they get caught once they will simply change their tactic to continue to do so. The people who are being punished are the ones incapable of determining what is modded in the first place ... and there are ways to protect them that won't cost MS a cent, they just are not interested in doing it. All they have to do is answer their phone. Have you tried calling tech support for something like that? They either ignore you or treat you like you committed the crime, they assume you are the one in the wrong when in reality such people who buy the system and call them are doing them a favor. Points of sale which deal with second hand merchandise typically keep on record of the last person who sold them the product (with the exception of donated goods). If they did actually help these second hand purchasers they could track down idiots like Shogut easier and even improve (though only slightly for other reasons) their standing in the coder communities. They are not addressing the real problem, they are bandaiding it like so many other problems, it is another of their many new bad methods.

In one breath you support the modding of Xbox's, and in the next you condemn Shogun for pirating Windows. Your double standards are hilarious.

Furthermore, if what you say is true, it is the people you defend that are the real criminals. Those that are "too smart to get caught" are the ones selling these Xbox's to people who don't know better, and yet you continue to defend their actions.

As for calling Microsoft about a second hand Xbox, how would you know? You've made it clear you don't own anything from MS, including an Xbox.

Finally, I'm smart enough to mod an Xbox, but I'm not smart enough to get away with it. That negates your entire theory. Congratulations, you have now been deemed completely useless to this discussion. Carry on.

Don't mind Dogdork, he thinks he posted actual proof of such and is crying because I pointed out that what he posted was worth Dogbreath in court. ;)

Is that what you were trying to say?

It was only one of my two main points. But yeah, he missed it. There are no FBI cases, so far there is no evidence to support the death threats, just some pastebin linked in a forum.

Yet you claim it's all a publicity stunt. Which is it? A publicity stunt by MS, or a fabrication?

Hey all, KK has made a thread just for me because of this thread. Fun stuff. :D

I will address the non-shithole part of this post as I tire of coming up with ways to insult you for your ignoring point tonight. Which, you bring up my second point. The ones making the mods are smart enough to not get caught, so they are not likely to ever be effected by this, and even if they get caught once they will simply change their tactic to continue to do so. The people who are being punished are the ones incapable of determining what is modded in the first place ... and there are ways to protect them that won't cost MS a cent, they just are not interested in doing it. All they have to do is answer their phone. Have you tried calling tech support for something like that? They either ignore you or treat you like you committed the crime, they assume you are the one in the wrong when in reality such people who buy the system and call them are doing them a favor. Points of sale which deal with second hand merchandise typically keep on record of the last person who sold them the product (with the exception of donated goods). If they did actually help these second hand purchasers they could track down idiots like Shogut easier and even improve (though only slightly for other reasons) their standing in the coder communities. They are not addressing the real problem, they are bandaiding it like so many other problems, it is another of their many new bad methods.

In one breath you support the modding of Xbox's, and in the next you condemn Shogun for pirating Windows. Your double standards are hilarious.

Furthermore, if what you say is true, it is the people you defend that are the real criminals. Those that are "too smart to get caught" are the ones selling these Xbox's to people who don't know better, and yet you continue to defend their actions.

As for calling Microsoft about a second hand Xbox, how would you know? You've made it clear you don't own anything from MS, including an Xbox.

Finally, I'm smart enough to mod an Xbox, but I'm not smart enough to get away with it. That negates your entire theory. Congratulations, you have now been deemed completely useless to this discussion. Carry on.

Where did I say it should be okay to mod them? Please quote the specific text.

Is that what you were trying to say?

It was only one of my two main points. But yeah, he missed it. There are no FBI cases, so far there is no evidence to support the death threats, just some pastebin linked in a forum.

Yet you claim it's all a publicity stunt. Which is it? A publicity stunt by MS, or a fabrication?

Okay, if you are interested in ever using your brain ... perhaps you will realize, publicity stunts are often fabrications .. but meh, when you wake up more than two brain cells, you can address it again.

Here, where you said it's okay to emulate one and mask it as a legitimate Xbox, which accomplishes the same thing as modding an Xbox: theft of Microsoft's intellectual property.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/compu...ts-death-threats-in-reaction.html#post1706109

Okay, if you are interested in ever using your brain ... perhaps you will realize, publicity stunts are often fabrications .. but meh, when you wake up more than two brain cells, you can address it again.

If they were going to pull a publicity stunt, they would choose a bigger forum than the one in question. Their own, perhaps? One that people actually post in? Or, they'd just release it to the press as part of the banning. But no, you're right. It makes much more sense to post it on a forum with 87 members.

if they were going to pull a publicity stunt, they would choose a bigger forum than the one in question. Their own, perhaps? One that people actually post in? Or, they'd just release it to the press as part of the banning. But no, you're right. It makes much more sense to post it on a forum with 87 members.

$common_sense_god_damn_super_power.jpg

Here, where you said it's okay to emulate one and mask it as a legitimate Xbox, which accomplishes the same thing as modding an Xbox: theft of Microsoft's intellectual property.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/compu...ts-death-threats-in-reaction.html#post1706109

If they were going to pull a publicity stunt, they would choose a bigger forum than the one in question. Their own, perhaps? One that people actually post in? Or, they'd just release it to the press as part of the banning. But no, you're right. It makes much more sense to post it on a forum with 87 members.

:doubt:You don't know me well yet, so your failed attempt to make a point is forgiven. One thing you should know about me, I hate criminals, of any type. When I make a statement like that (which you completely ignored the recant in the same sentence) it simply means that I know how it's done, and made the point that because I know how it's done, there is no way they would catch me ... however, as I also said in the post you responded to prior to this, it would be easier to trace them through purchase trails if they would actually pay mind to second hand purchasers instead of punishing them for the law someone else actually broke.

You don't know me well yet, so your failed attempt to make a point is forgiven. One thing you should know about me, I hate criminals, of any type. When I make a statement like that (which you completely ignored the recant in the same sentence) it simply means that I know how it's done, and made the point that because I know how it's done, there is no way they would catch me ... however, as I also said in the post you responded to prior to this, it would be easier to trace them through purchase trails if they would actually pay mind to second hand purchasers instead of punishing them for the law someone else actually broke.

1. I've known you since you started posting here, unfortunately. Until now, you were just a little annoying. Now you're just downright fucking obnoxious.

2. I'm on the phone right now with Microsoft's support. I'm going to ask them to help me figure out if my second hand Xbox is modded, just to prove you wrong. It's going to be hilarious. I bought my Xbox new, by the way.

1. I've known you since you started posting here, unfortunately. Until now, you were just a little annoying. Now you're just downright fucking obnoxious.

2. I'm on the phone right now with Microsoft's support. I'm going to ask them to help me figure out if my second hand Xbox is modded, just to prove you wrong. It's going to be hilarious. I bought my Xbox new, by the way.

A little taste of power does that. ;)

And you got through to support? Tell them I said Hi! :lol:

As for your point against the publicity stunt contention, makes no sense, posting on their own forum would be way too transparent, and make it more credible actually. This is one of the primary reasons it looks like a publicity stunt, you don't advertise to people who have already swallowed the hook, you do it to people who don't have any opinion one way or the other. Gaming forums tend to have a lot of "middle grounders" who just use products, this victim role is an attempt to make it look like everyone else is picking on them, in spite of the exact opposite being the fact.

As for your point against the publicity stunt contention, makes no sense, posting on their own forum would be way too transparent, and make it more credible actually. This is one of the primary reasons it looks like a publicity stunt, you don't advertise to people who have already swallowed the hook, you do it to people who don't have any opinion one way or the other. Gaming forums tend to have a lot of "middle grounders" who just use products, this victim role is an attempt to make it look like everyone else is picking on them, in spite of the exact opposite being the fact.

You ignored the fact that the forum in question literally has 87 members. But I'm not surprised, you seem to be as incapable of reading as Ravi is, if not moreso.

You don't know me well yet, so your failed attempt to make a point is forgiven. One thing you should know about me, I hate criminals, of any type. When I make a statement like that (which you completely ignored the recant in the same sentence) it simply means that I know how it's done, and made the point that because I know how it's done, there is no way they would catch me ... however, as I also said in the post you responded to prior to this, it would be easier to trace them through purchase trails if they would actually pay mind to second hand purchasers instead of punishing them for the law someone else actually broke.

So .. then you are blind as a bat, or you have blinders on and don't want to remove them ... I was being nice to you there is all, but if you don't want me to be, I can be mean. Now, even though I don't believe you as it's 7:46 pm here and their customer support is closed by 7pm PST (not explaining how I know this) ... go ahead, post what you want people to think they are saying. ;)

You ignored the fact that the forum in question literally has 87 members. But I'm not surprised, you seem to be as incapable of reading as Ravi is, if not moreso.

And a forum in question that I only happened to stumble upon by accident when I was looking at the original story.

Um ... they didn't post on just one forum ... as Dogbert has proven ... :eusa_whistle:

So .. then you are blind as a bat, or you have blinders on and don't want to remove them ... I was being nice to you there is all, but if you don't want me to be, I can be mean. Now, even though I don't believe you as it's 7:46 pm here and their customer support is closed by 7pm PST (not explaining how I know this) ... go ahead, post what you want people to think they are saying. ;)

Your shipment of fail has arrived.

How and when to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support

Monday through Friday, 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM Pacific Time
Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Time

And Xbox support:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contact.aspx

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Last edited:

Xbox NXE Support US Phone Numbers & Hours | Contact Xbox Support

Hours of operation
Phone assistance is available seven days a week.

9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Forum List

Back