Missouri training teachers to carry concealed weapons in the classroom

Jughead

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2013
Good strategy by the school districts. I especially like the element of surprise, the fact that only school administrators and law enforcement will know which teachers would be carrying guns.

In the event of a school shooting, police need time to arrive on the scene, and during this time, probability of an increase in the casualty count rises. Thus properly trained teachers would be able to intervene before the situation escalates further.

Some Missouri school districts have decided the best way to thwart a massacre like the Sandy Hook shooting in 2012 is to train teachers to carry concealed weapons in the classroom.

For a $17,500 fee, districts get 40 hours of training on how to use a Glock 19 semi-automatic pistol for two staffers at a hilltop range in the Ozarks town of West Plains, the Kansas City Star reported. Instructors are current law enforcement officers with Shield Solutions.

The company’s founder, Greg Martin, told the Star only school district administrators and local law enforcement will know the identity of the teachers trained to pack heat.

“Like air marshals on planes,” Martin told the newspaper. “How many hijackings have we had since 9/11?”

Missouri training teachers to carry concealed weapons in the classroom | Fox News

I have no problem with this, but a lot of people do. I think another possibility is to deputize a number of teachers and administrators in the schools (training required) and let them carry weapons like any other police officer.

It's a good idea IMO.

And the bonus is it'll cause the gun control nuts to froth at the mouth when they're not peeing their pants over it.

Forum List

Back