Mitt Romney: 'I'm Not Concerned About The Very Poor'

Nope, that is your meaning, not that of Romney.

You fail, and you convert people to Romney because of your nonsense. They can see through what you are doing.

If you were a logical person, you would consider his words - all of them - in context and understand what he meant. He's not 'concerned' because the poor are 'cared for', he said if the safety net needs fixing, he'll fix it. He said he's not concerned about the wealthy, because they don't need jack shit from the POTUS. He'll focus on the middle class - because, right now, THEY are the ones who NEED help. Now, if he can help them, that will help the poor in turn... the better off the middle class is, the more money, the more help, the more jobs there will be for the poor. Surely to (insert optional deity here), you can understand that? It's not fucking rocket science.

You know what, that has to be the most convoluted thing I read today, and I also took the time to read Coulter's defense of RomneyCare. (Apparently crazy Ann now loves socialized medicine.)

The poor are not "cared for" in this country. For a wealthy country, the way the poor live is an embarrassment.

Considering how many middle class jobs we've lost because of him and people like him, the only reason why the middle class is in a pickle is because people like him were greedy. Period.

Do you know how many poor people we had in the US prior to the 'Great Society'?

Do you know how much money we have spent on social programs for the poor since the 'Great Society' shit?

Do you know how many poor people have been lifted out of poverty by those programs?

Do the damned math. Throwing fucking money at the poor is not working. We need to try something else. Romney's way - helping the middle class will be a start. If, after we stabilize the economy and help the middle class, we'll have more money which we use to address the actual problems - the fucking welfare shit is not working!

JoeB is fail again.

Joe, you cannot delete words in a post that change the meaning to what you want it to say rather than what the original meaning.

That is called a lack of integrity.

The words removed don't change the meaning.

The meaning was. "I have money, I can push people around."

An election is where we get to push back.

No, it was "if someone isn't doing the job I'm paying them for, I need to be able to get rid of that person and employ someone else".

Idiot.

He's not 'concerned' because the poor are 'cared for', he said if the safety net needs fixing, he'll fix it.

Mitt says lots of things. Including "slash the safety net, the poor will be fine."

ROMNEY: I take the Medicaid dollars, send them back to the states, without the mandates as to how they have to treat –“

WALLACE: “But you’re also cutting the budget by $700 billion dollars.”

ROMNEY: “Well what I’d do is I’d take the money, send it back to the states, and say we’re going to grow that funding at inflation, the CPI, plus one percent. By doing that, you save an enormous amount of money. I happen to believe that states can do a better job caring for their own poor, rooting out the fraud and waste and abuse that exists within –“

WALLACE: “But you don’t think if you cut $700 billion dollars in aid to the states that some people are going to get hurt?

ROMNEY: “In the same way that by cutting welfare spending dramatically, I don’t think we hurt the poor. In the same way I think cutting Medicaid spending by having it go to the states run more efficiently with less fraud, I don’t think will hurt the people that depend on that program for their healthcare.”

Do you know how much money we have spent on social programs for the poor since the 'Great Society' shit?

Do you know how many poor people have been lifted out of poverty by those programs?

Do the damned math. Throwing fucking money at the poor is not working. We need to try something else. Romney's way - helping the middle class will be a start. If, after we stabilize the economy and help the middle class, we'll have more money which we use to address the actual problems - the fucking welfare shit is not working!

What, you are praising the "Great Society" now?

The problem with Romney's help with the middle class is we've had quite enough of his kind of help. Really, his economic policies are more of the same of what we had under Bush-41 and 43 that got us into this mess.

More union busting.
More free trade.
More deregulation of the banks.
Oh, yeah, and the perennial favorite. More tax cuts for rich people.

The best cure for poverty is good paying jobs. Not McJobs at Staples. Not jobs being sent to China. Not let's drive down wages so we can make our stockholders richer.

That shit doesn't work. I'm hoping people got that.

We need an economy based on making things and providing things. NOthing Romney has proposed really does that. It's just more of the same. (To be fair, neither has Obamsky.)

JoeB is fail again.

Joe, you cannot delete words in a post that change the meaning to what you want it to say rather than what the original meaning.

That is called a lack of integrity.

No, it was "if someone isn't doing the job I'm paying them for, I need to be able to get rid of that person and employ someone else".

Idiot.

Well, if he meant that, he should have said that. Not that he LIKED to be able to do it.

Like he was getting off in his magic underwear a bit when he thought about it.

The problem with Romney's help with the middle class is we've had quite enough of his kind of help. Really, his economic policies are more of the same of what we had under Bush-41 and 43 that got us into this mess.

More union busting.
More free trade.

The best cure for poverty is good paying jobs. Not McJobs at Staples. Not jobs being sent to China. Not let's drive down wages so we can make our stockholders richer.

We need an economy based on making things and providing things. NOthing Romney has proposed really does that. It's just more of the same. (To be fair, neither has Obamsky.)

No, you thick twit. I'm asking you pertinent questions. But I should not waste my time. You clearly lack even basic comprehension. It's no wonder you're a Grinch-ite. You're too stupid to know better.

Idiot.

Well, if he meant that, he should have said that. Not that he LIKED to be able to do it.

Well, you seem incapable of making your point clearly, so for your to criticize anyone else is kind of laughable.

Try it.... you go spend an hour being grilled on the economy by a journalist.... bring bac the transcript and we'll all review exactly what you said and how you said it. The results would be fascinating.

No, you thick twit. I'm asking you pertinent questions. But I should not waste my time. You clearly lack even basic comprehension. It's no wonder you're a Grinch-ite. You're too stupid to know better.

Oh, sorry, these are pertinant questions? I thought it was the same boilerplate, "The Great Society made things worse", forgetting of course, that we enjoyed our greatest prosperity during the 1960's.

If Romney thinks the Safety Net is adequate to catch all the people he's kicked off the ladder, that's kind of the problem.

The sad things is, his business practices and those of people like him are making government more attractive.

Well, you seem incapable of making your point clearly, so for your to criticize anyone else is kind of laughable.

Try it.... you go spend an hour being grilled on the economy by a journalist.... bring bac the transcript and we'll all review exactly what you said and how you said it. The results would be fascinating.

I make my points very clearly. You just have this mental block to be able to process them. I think it's called, "Lacking a heart".

When he made the "I like to be able to fire people" comment, he was not being "grilled" by journalists. He was in front of a bunch of his fellow Plutocrats defending ObamneyCare, which most of them kind of hate because health insruance is going up. There were no big meany journalists hitting him with questions.

And sheeeet, if you are talking about the "I'm not concerned about poor people" comment, it's not the first time he's said something like that, and when he said it this time to Solidad O'Brien, she actually gave him a chance to clarify and he doubled down on his insensitivity.

If you think the Media is being mean to him now, wait until he gets the nomination.

I make my points very clearly. You just have this mental block to be able to process them. I think it's called, "Lacking a heart".

When he made the "I like to be able to fire people" comment, he was not being "grilled" by journalists. He was in front of a bunch of his fellow Plutocrats defending ObamneyCare, which most of them kind of hate because health insruance is going up. There were no big meany journalists hitting him with questions.

And sheeeet, if you are talking about the "I'm not concerned about poor people" comment, it's not the first time he's said something like that, and when he said it this time to Solidad O'Brien, she actually gave him a chance to clarify and he doubled down on his insensitivity.

If you think the Media is being mean to him now, wait until he gets the nomination.

I doubt you're capable of rational thought. Even the intelligent left are leaving the 'I like to be able to fire people' comment alone. Why is that? Because they're smarter than you and they know what he meant.

You carry on supporting the amoral corrupt one, I'll stick with the smart guy.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I doubt you're capable of rational thought. Even the intelligent left are leaving the 'I like to be able to fire people' comment alone. Why is that? Because they're smarter than you and they know what he meant.

Um, they are? Axelrod hit that the minute he said it.

And if you don't think that will be featured prominantly in anti-Romney ads in October, along with lists of those AMPAD workers he's fired, you're delusional.

Unless, of course he says something even stupider between now and October, which I wouldn't bet good money against.

Even Republicans are worried about his gaffes...

Romney gaffes alarm GOP - TheHill.com

“When you know that the media is against you to start with, which is the case with Romney and [Newt] Gingrich, you have to be extremely careful that you don’t give them a phrase that can go on a bumper sticker,” said one Republican congressman who asked for anonymity in order to speak freely.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), who has endorsed Gingrich but said he liked Romney as well, said the former governor should be more careful about his choice of words going forward.

More union busting.
More free trade.

The best cure for poverty is any job. Not handouts and unemployment benefits.

Um, they are? Axelrod hit that the minute he said it.

And if you don't think that will be featured prominantly in anti-Romney ads in October, along with lists of those AMPAD workers he's fired, you're delusional.

Unless, of course he says something even stupider between now and October, which I wouldn't bet good money against.

Even Republicans are worried about his gaffes...

Romney gaffes alarm GOP - TheHill.com

“When you know that the media is against you to start with, which is the case with Romney and [Newt] Gingrich, you have to be extremely careful that you don’t give them a phrase that can go on a bumper sticker,” said one Republican congressman who asked for anonymity in order to speak freely.

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), who has endorsed Gingrich but said he liked Romney as well, said the former governor should be more careful about his choice of words going forward.

Axelrod is a compulsive liar.

His job is to spin a web of convincing lies that will help elect his candidate.

That's what he's paid for.

More union busting.
More free trade.

Union busting is always good for stockholders of companies, the lifeblood of America. Unions benefit the worker only, raise prices on consumers and lower investment into new companies. The net result of unions is always less jobs.
Free trade sells our products overseas. How is that bad?
Deregulation of banks was a bi-partisan trick. In reality the laws that regulated the de-regulation is what did the harm. If they are left alone with NO regulation other than capitilazation regulations and laws limiting what products they can sell they would have been fine.
Tax cuts take MORE poor folk off the tax roles than lower the taxes on the wealthy per capita.
I know facts just kill you but facts they are.

The best cure for poverty is any job. Not handouts and unemployment benefits.

I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, the self-defeating Plutocratic Wing of the GOP doesn't seem to understand that.

They seem to think that offshoring is fine, union busting is fine, downsizing is fine. They think that one stressed out worker doing the job at three means they double their profit, and they are oooh, sooo fine with that.

Union busting is always good for stockholders of companies, the lifeblood of America. Unions benefit the worker only, raise prices on consumers and lower investment into new companies. The net result of unions is always less jobs.
Deregulation of banks was a bi-partisan trick. In reality the laws that regulated the de-regulation is what did the harm. If they are left alone with NO regulation other than capitilazation regulations and laws limiting what products they can sell they would have been fine.
Tax cuts take MORE poor folk off the tax roles than lower the taxes on the wealthy per capita.

Wow. benefiting the worker over the stockholder. HOW DARE THEY?

sorry, man, the lifeblood of America is her workers, not her stockholders.

Stockholders never built a thing. Never grew a stalk of corn, or laid a brick. Belief in the power of "stockholders" is one of those "faith based" things. Consumer demand creates jobs, not stockholders.

Also, I can't believe ANYONE is out there still touting tax cuts for the wealthy. The rich are paying the lowest rate in our history.

Almost as retarded as claiming that offshoring is a good thing.

When Reagan became president, we were the biggest exporter of manufactured goods and the biggest importer of raw materials. Now we are the biggest importer of finished goods and the biggest exporter of raw materials. There's three words for that- Third World Country. The Plutocrats are making us one.

Wow. benefiting the worker over the stockholder. HOW DARE THEY?

sorry, man, the lifeblood of America is her workers, not her stockholders.

Stockholders never built a thing. Never grew a stalk of corn, or laid a brick. Belief in the power of "stockholders" is one of those "faith based" things. Consumer demand creates jobs, not stockholders.

Also, I can't believe ANYONE is out there still touting tax cuts for the wealthy. The rich are paying the lowest rate in our history.

Almost as retarded as claiming that offshoring is a good thing.

When Reagan became president, we were the biggest exporter of manufactured goods and the biggest importer of raw materials. Now we are the biggest importer of finished goods and the biggest exporter of raw materials. There's three words for that- Third World Country. The Plutocrats are making us one.

I can't believe that anyone is still repeating that lie about "Tax cuts for the wealthy".

Ask yourself why Obama keeps extending the Bush Tax Cuts???

I can't believe that anyone is still repeating that lie about "Tax cuts for the wealthy".

Ask yourself why Obama keeps extending the Bush Tax Cuts???

Gutlessness? I'm not defending Obama. And I don't think we should raise taxes until the government got its own house in order on spending. Spending cuts first, tax increases second.

I just dispute the notion that giving tax cuts to the wealthy, which almost always leads to increases in taxes for the rest of us, creates jobs.

Forum List

Back