More Strong Evidence for Evolution: Anatomical Vestiges

A non sequitur, meant to convolute and direct the original material into a different direction not or8ginally intended by either person.

Yawn. Your tactics are so tired. You and Seymour flops should be locked in a room together, where you might be able to create a rhetorical wormhole to another dimension.

A weird little lie, as my case did not rely on mocking your tactics at all. That was bonus material.
I bet you can't argue with me without getting personal.

From the BBC: Logical fallacies: Seven ways to spot a bad argument

1725122870405.png

I already have. So, how much money are you sending me?

It's pretty funny to watch you retreat to characterization, which itself consists of accusing everyone else of doing the same.

Another tired charlatans tactic.
It's almost as if you crave drama and conflict. Is this how you behave in real life too?

I already have. So, how much money are you sending me?

It's pretty funny to watch you retreat to characterization, which itself consists of accusing everyone else of doing the same.

Another tired charlatans tactic.
QED - See, I told you, you can't argue without attacking me in some way.

Oops, looks like you don't know what ad hominem is.

I made my argument. Mocking your tactics was not germane to it.
Then why do it?
Therefore, not ad hominem. It's always easy to tell the college educated folks from the internet message board educated folks.
There you go again, mocking my presumed lack of education, that's ad-hominem.

Because that is what it deserves. It's specious and dishonest. Your tactics are tired and dishonest. I have explained why. I have crafted analogies. I have been very detailed.
That's more ad-hominem.

I've debated with people online for many many years and have learned a great deal. The ad-hominem is always used to try and distract the audience. By distracting the audience, the protagonist can divert attention away from their own weak argument, it's that simple, that's why it's done. Those with a strong confident case have no need to try and distract the audience.

Calling an idea a lie is not ad hominem. Especially when that assertion is the conclusion of an argument.
But saying what you did: "So what you are saying amounts to a lie"

Is ad-hominem, it's telling people I am a liar and on that basis to stop listening to me, it's designed to distract.

True, this is what you said and it is an ad-hominem attack:

"Because that is what it deserves. It's specious and dishonest. Your tactics are tired and dishonest. I have explained why. I have crafted analogies. I have been very detailed."

You clearly do not know what this term means and should stop using it immediately.
I'm sure you HAVE used this specious tactic many times, when others have perfectly described why your tactics are specious and dishonest.
And on and on we go - attack the man, attack his honesty, attack his character and integrity.

Right. I called an assertion a lie, and described precisely why it is a lie.

That's far from ad hominem. It's a compelling argument that you cannot meet.
A lie means I am intentionally, knowingly making a false assertion.
So you retreat to characterization.

And it is every time.
Debate without attacking me please, if you can't then I think people can draw their own conclusions about who's integrity is in doubt.

Forum List

Back