More than 170 Houston hospital workers suspended over refusing vaccine

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
More than 170 health care workers at a Houston, Texas, hospital were reportedly suspended for two weeks without pay this week for choosing to not get the coronavirus vaccine by the hospital’s Monday deadline, which the hospital requires of its workers.

The employees will be fired after the two weeks if they don’t get vaccinated, FOX 4 in Dallas reported.

Houston Methodist Hospital President and CEO Marc Boom said that 99% of it more than 25,000 workers had been vaccinated by the deadline.

"It is unfortunate that today’s milestone of Houston Methodist becoming the safest hospital system in the country is being overshadowed by a few disgruntled employees," Boom said in a statement, according to KHOU-TV in Houston.

Boom announced the suspensions in an internal memo obtained by The Washington Post on Tuesday.

"I know that today may be difficult for some who are sad about losing a colleague who’s decided to not get vaccinated," Boom wrote in the memo. "We only wish them well and thank them for their past service to our community, and we must respect the decision they made."

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

Ya gotta ask....Why aren’t they taking it...wait....don’t they trust the science...
I don’t!

After publicly ridiculing unwilling lab rats with the lable “disgruntled employees”, the hospital said in an internal email, “We only wish them well and thank them for their past service to our community, and we must respect the decision they made.” It has now been reported that they offered a $500 bonus for anyone who got the shot....that is the HIGHEST BRIBE I have heard about to try and make people comply....wonder if all the rest of us should wait and see what the very best offer is that one can obtain, also should that offer be expanded to people that have already been vaccinated?

Trump has certainly demonstrated how a lack of education can help you control people. It is fascinating still that the cult follows. And Trump got vaccinated demonstrating once again, do as I say not as I do.

Lots of info in this link for the reader who wants to learn about Covid.

"...Trump dupes his followers into perpetuating their own misery and preparing them for the totalitarian order he hopes to bring about."

'Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump'

More than 170 health care workers at a Houston, Texas, hospital were reportedly suspended for two weeks without pay this week for choosing to not get the coronavirus vaccine by the hospital’s Monday deadline, which the hospital requires of its workers.

The employees will be fired after the two weeks if they don’t get vaccinated, FOX 4 in Dallas reported.

Houston Methodist Hospital President and CEO Marc Boom said that 99% of it more than 25,000 workers had been vaccinated by the deadline.

"It is unfortunate that today’s milestone of Houston Methodist becoming the safest hospital system in the country is being overshadowed by a few disgruntled employees," Boom said in a statement, according to KHOU-TV in Houston.

Boom announced the suspensions in an internal memo obtained by The Washington Post on Tuesday.

"I know that today may be difficult for some who are sad about losing a colleague who’s decided to not get vaccinated," Boom wrote in the memo. "We only wish them well and thank them for their past service to our community, and we must respect the decision they made."

Ya gotta ask....Why aren’t they taking it...wait....don’t they trust the science...
I don’t!

After publicly ridiculing unwilling lab rats with the lable “disgruntled employees”, the hospital said in an internal email, “We only wish them well and thank them for their past service to our community, and we must respect the decision they made.” It has now been reported that they offered a $500 bonus for anyone who got the shot....that is the HIGHEST BRIBE I have heard about to try and make people comply....wonder if all the rest of us should wait and see what the very best offer is that one can obtain, also should that offer be expanded to people that have already been vaccinated?
They shouldn't be fired for not receiving a vaccine....

Isn't it the case that most of these people have already had covid and now have the antibodies?....why push them to get the vaccine....it only makes folks like myself dig our feet in deeper...no government or corporate son of a bitch is going to make me get a vaccine until I decide to get it...my body my choice.....
Sue the fuck out of the hospital administrator.....

Trump has certainly demonstrated how a lack of education can help you control people. It is fascinating still that the cult follows. And Trump got vaccinated demonstrating once again, do as I say not as I do.

Lots of info in this link for the reader who wants to learn about Covid.

"...Trump dupes his followers into perpetuating their own misery and preparing them for the totalitarian order he hopes to bring about."

'Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump'

What does Trump have to do with this decision? I have read that people that didn't vote for Trump are choosing to wait because they are watching others. It's as the hospital say's a personal decision.

Black people are among the lowest rate getting vaccinated for reasons that they believe are correct. I am pretty sure Trump had nothing to do with their decision.

People have their own and valid reasons to vaccinate or not vaccinate. It is a personal decision, I am waiting because I have had Covid-19 and a new study says the vaccine will not protect me anymore or less, so why would I want to take on added risk?

I don’t!

Why not?

I don’t!

Why not?
The same reason they shouldn't be fired for not taking the flu shot

I don’t!

Why not?
The same reason they shouldn't be fired for not taking the flu shot
I respect the right to choose.

And every individual has the right to choose how they want to handle their own health care and what risks they want and don't want to take. I am sure they will all find equal or better jobs.
Based on this response, what's the problem then?

Forum List

Back