More than a million Christians in Iraq disappeared. Where did they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rdean

As I've linked to many times, we know there were somewhere between 1.5 and two million Christians living in Iraq before the Bush/Republican invasion.

By the time Bush left office in disgrace, the number was somewhere around 200,000.

We know they didn't come here.

Does anyone know where they went?

And why are Republicans blaming this terrible situation on Obama? It happened before he even started running for president.

As I've linked to many times, we know there were somewhere between 1.5 and two million Christians living in Iraq before the Bush/Republican invasion.

By the time Bush left office in disgrace, the number was somewhere around 200,000.

And why are Republicans blaming this terrible situation on Obama? It happened before he even started running for president.

Please for the love of God quit pretending anyone cares. This is about oil once again.

well, have we heard one word about them from your Dear Leader?

You should go frikken ask him and his idiot Jon Kerry about them and why they haven't CARED?

Please for the love of God quit pretending anyone cares. This is about oil once again.

Agreed. Over a million Christians disappearing isn't news. The war is for oil and nothing else in the area matters.

OP, wake us up when something happens involving Jews, will you?

Can you tell us where you're getting your numbers from?

Many of them are "internally displaced"--i.e. ran to some other part of Iraq, which messes with data collection--and many are in neighboring countries. Some Iraqis also claimed refugee status and immigrated to countries like the US and UK. Here are a few links:

Iraqi Refugee Resettlement
As of December 2012, there were 126,142 Iraqi refugees registered with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in neighboring countries, and an unknown number of unregistered refugees. The UNHCR estimates that 1.3 million Iraqis remain internally displaced since the February 2006 Samarra Mosque bombings.

Iraq | Refugees International
Tens of thousands of Iraqis who sought refuge in Syria between 2003 and 2011 are returning home, bringing the number of Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) to roughly 2.8 million.

Thread closed.

OP has already started multiple threads on this topic. Keep it up and it will be considered spam
:doubt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back