Morrissey has blasted The Simpsons for portraying him as an overweight racist who eats meat

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

Morrissey is never right about anything

EzVvWmLUcAQRLWU

• Banned
"television gives us hope in other people's happiness" - Morrissey

• Banned
"I'm not an entertainer. But I do entertain people." - Morrissey

• Banned
from the OP article:

Morrissey has issued his "first comment (and hopefully my last)" on a recent episode of The Simpsons parodying the former Smiths singer.⁠

Entitled "Panic on the Streets of Springfield", Sunday night's episode saw Lisa become obsessed with a British singer named Quilloughby, whose resemblance to 1980s Morrissey is uncanny. But after attending a concert, Lisa learns that Quilloughby has aged to become an overweight cantankerous racist, who has forsaken veganism after learning "it was invented by foreigners."⁠

In response, Morrissey's manager Peter Katsis issued two strongly worded statements on Facebook, in which he accused The Simpsons of racism and threatened the show, as well as media publications which reported on it, with legal action.⁠

Now, Morrissey himself has issued a lengthy response via his website Morrissey Central. He, too, briefly flirts with the idea of taking legal action over a parody before acknowledging that such a lawsuit "requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge. Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce."⁠

From there, Morrissey embarks on a lengthy diatribe in which he attempts to rationalize why he is "so carelessly and noisily attacked." In Morrissey's mind, it's because his "music affects people in a strong and beautiful way, since music is no longer required to. In fact, the worst thing you can do in 2021 is to lend a bit of strength to the lives of others."⁠

• Banned
Catholic Priest: "what gives you happiness?"

16 year old Morrisey: "David Bowie!"

Priest: "Most boys like girls, he likes David Bowie!"

*class laughs*

the 1st song The Smiths ever wrote. Morrissey: "i felt as strong as a lion as i belted it out!"

the media reports:

Morrissey is set to release a new album called Bonfire of Teenagers.⁠

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life," Morrissey humbly declares in a statement posted to his website on Monday. The album was recently completed in Los Angeles and features artwork by Liam Lynch. There are 11 tracks in total, including questionable titles like "Ha Ha Harlem" and "Kerouac Crack".⁠

Bonfire of Teenager doesn't yet have a release date, as Morrissey is currently in search of a label. Technically, he's both rich enough and somehow still popular enough to be able to self-release a record successfully, but apparently he has no interest in going that route. "Morrissey is unsigned," reads the announcement post. "The album is available to the highest (or lowest) bidder." Diehard fans with large sums of money, now is your chance to shine

Forum List

Back