Most Important Bill in Congress: SAVE Act: proof of citizenship to vote. Call your Senator

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
I call this the most important bill in Congress w/o even knowing what the other bills are. That is because if we lose this election (Trump and Friends, that is), this country is GONE.

We can't afford 4 more years of this craziness, can't afford it financially, mentally, or any other way.

So what if the damn govt gets shut down over this. SO THE HELL WHAT?!

The whole damn country will be essentially "shut down" if the insane party wins... and they plan to win by fraud or otherwise. They don't care how they win. If people don't know that much about them, they are too ignorant to vote.

The govt, IMO is already "shut down" in that it is lawless and full of waste, fraud and abuse of the taxpayers' money. Maybe if it were shut down, with no CR (continuing resolution) we could save a few billion dollars anyhow.. Get that Debt down..

I call this the most important bill in Congress w/o even knowing what the other bills are. That is because if we lose this election (Trump and Friends, that is), this country is GONE.

We can't afford 4 more years of this craziness, can't afford it financially, mentally, or any other way.

The whole damn country will be shut down if the insane party wins... and they will win by fraud or not. They don't care how they win. If people don't know that much about them, they are too ignorant to vote.

Ah, more hate and fear tactics. If I read the House right, they won't do a guv shutdown. It would cost them even more seats than they have already lost.

Ah, more hate and fear tactics. If I read the House right, they won't do a guv shutdown. It would cost them even more seats than they have already lost.
Whatever.

Write to your Congresspersons, Everyone!

Pass the SAVE Act

The whole damn country will be essentially "shut down" if the insane party wins... and they plan to win by fraud or otherwise. They don't care how they win. If people don't know that much about them, they are too ignorant to vote.

The govt, IMO is already "shut down" in that it is lawless and full of waste, fraud and abuse of the taxpayers' money. Maybe if it were shut down, with no CR (continuing resolution) we could save a few billion dollars anyhow.. Get that Debt down..

If you have to provide proof of citizenship when you register to vote, having to provide it again, when you vote is redundant and unnecessary. It wastes both time and resources on voting day.

If you have to provide proof of citizenship when you register to vote, having to provide it again, when you vote is redundant and unnecessary. It wastes both time and resources on voting day.
You know what you can do with that goofy thought

:chillpill:

#TRIGGERED

Whatever.

Write to your Congresspersons, Everyone!

Pass the SAVE Act

Here are some of the really stupid things.

“(3) The applicant's official United States military identification card, together with a United States military record of service showing that the applicant's place of birth was in the United States.
This is something that Military People won't have. Yes, it's in the permanent file but they won't readily have it. What this means is, the Military will be short changed in the voting process.

“(4) A valid government-issued photo identification card issued by a Federal, State or Tribal government showing that the applicant’s place of birth was in the United States.
There is not place on my state issued license nor on my DD-2 with that information. More people will lose their right to vote.

“(v) has the signature of an individual who is authorized to sign birth certificates on behalf of the State, unit of local government, or Tribal government in which the applicant was born;
“(vi) includes the date that the certificate was filed with the office responsible for keeping vital records in the State; and
“(vii) has the seal of the State, unit of local government, or Tribal government that issued the birth certificate.

More red tape to prevent some from voting again.

“(b) Requiring applicants To present documentary proof of United States citizenship.—Under any method of voter registration in a State, the State shall not accept and process an application to register to vote in an election for Federal office unless the applicant presents documentary proof of United States citizenship with the application.”.

Yah, right. Complicate an already complicated system. It goes on and on putting in more and more requirements. Ever hear of a Provisional Vote? I guess we are going to stop doing that because your name was removed from the roles for some stupid reason and when you go to vote you are made aware that you can't vote unless you have fulfilled all the requirements by a previous date. More people will be denied the vote.

I won't dwell on this anymore. It's a clear case of an attempt at voter suppression.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

If you need to present that information, it won't be accepted because it would be past the filing date. More voter suppression.

• Thanks

This bill is unnecessary.

Here are some of the really stupid things.

“(3) The applicant's official United States military identification card, together with a United States military record of service showing that the applicant's place of birth was in the United States.
This is something that Military People won't have. Yes, it's in the permanent file but they won't readily have it. What this means is, the Military will be short changed in the voting process.

“(4) A valid government-issued photo identification card issued by a Federal, State or Tribal government showing that the applicant’s place of birth was in the United States.
There is not place on my state issued license nor on my DD-2 with that information. More people will lose their right to vote.

“(v) has the signature of an individual who is authorized to sign birth certificates on behalf of the State, unit of local government, or Tribal government in which the applicant was born;
“(vi) includes the date that the certificate was filed with the office responsible for keeping vital records in the State; and
“(vii) has the seal of the State, unit of local government, or Tribal government that issued the birth certificate.

More red tape to prevent some from voting again.

“(b) Requiring applicants To present documentary proof of United States citizenship.—Under any method of voter registration in a State, the State shall not accept and process an application to register to vote in an election for Federal office unless the applicant presents documentary proof of United States citizenship with the application.”.

Yah, right. Complicate an already complicated system. It goes on and on putting in more and more requirements. Ever hear of a Provisional Vote? I guess we are going to stop doing that because your name was removed from the roles for some stupid reason and when you go to vote you are made aware that you can't vote unless you have fulfilled all the requirements by a previous date. More people will be denied the vote.

I won't dwell on this anymore. It's a clear case of an attempt at voter suppression.
And this coming from a party that doesn't even require "proof of life" on election day? End "ballot harvesting" and ballot stuffing!

STOP THE STEAL!!!

And this coming from a party that doesn't even require "proof of life" on election day? End "ballot harvesting" and ballot stuffing!

STOP THE STEAL!!!

If someone who matches the correct photo ID is standing before you on election day, that's "proof of life" to me.

The extent to which you believe the lies Republicans tell you about election cheating, makes you look like a complete idiot.

• Fact

Forum List

Back