Most memorable years of your life ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
My college days at univ of Arizona in Tucson

First time in my life I had freedom and the weather was amazing coming from the MW

I also had friends and did parties

This was mid to late 1990s

Even the first time I heard classic rock and did drugs

First time in my life I had freedom and the weather was amazing coming from the MW

My first hours after leaving the incubator. Everything was so new and wonderful. G-d gave me life through my mother and the wonders of science which weren't at our disposal a century prior allowed my life to be possible.

If one digs deep into the brain the memory is there. I haven't found mine (I don't think), but one can still feel it if they use their imagination.

When in my 20's (70 now) I lived a nomadic existence, traveling around and not really giving a crap about anything serious, just enjoying it one day at a time. It was a different America then.

In no particular order,
1968...Mom died, brothers got married, I got drafted.
1970...spent in Vietnam
1973...got married
1982...became a daddy, graduated from Law School
2016...retired

First I was eleven and then thirteen.
No honors came my way but those were the wonderful years.

Reiner Kunze, The Wonderful Years

Memorable in a bad way was the year I had a relative die almost every damn month. I didn't even want to answer the phone if I saw a relative's number come up on the caller ID. Think my work thought I was up to something because I was having to take so many days off for funerals LOL. It was like the Grimm Reaper had written his honey do list on my family tree.

When in my 20's (70 now) I lived a nomadic existence, traveling around and not really giving a crap about anything serious, just enjoying it one day at a time. It was a different America then.

Did you feel much safer in the 1970s than now ??

Did you feel much safer in the 1970s than now ??
Well, in the 70's.....I rode my bike to work and to school.
I NEVER felt threatened.
I started Work at 11, and I rode my bicycle to school, yes PUBLIC SCHOOL, with my friends.
We totally enjoyed this.....Have you ever had this experience?

I

I guess I've been really blessed; I also think I look at things a little strange. My answer to "what is the best time of your life" is usually "right now". shrug All the stages have had difficulties but they've also had lots of joys and overcoming stuff

I am going to have to match Sue on this one, I have great memories but each year seems to top the last.

My wife and I have been very blessed the last 31 plus years

Memorable in a bad way was the year I had a relative die almost every damn month. I didn't even want to answer the phone if I saw a relative's number come up on the caller ID. Think my work thought I was up to something because I was having to take so many days off for funerals LOL. It was like the Grimm Reaper had written his honey do list on my family tree.

What age range for relatives and how ?

Forum List

Back