Move in or lose out: Saudi Arabia's ultimatum unsettles foreign firms

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Saudi Arabia’s ultimatum for global companies to move their regional hubs to Riyadh by 2024 or lose business is the kind of decision making that has made some wary of investing there.

The millions of dollars in costs, sudden policy changes and arbitrary legal rulings mean companies will need to weigh the risks of moving there with the potential rewards Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s economic overhaul promises.

Saudi Arabia said this week state contracts would go only to companies with regional hubs in the country to stop economic “leakage.” It gave few details, fueling the kind of uncertainty many regional executives say complicate their dealings with the world’s top oil exporter.

I wonder what kind of changes they will be making to their judicial system and if it will be limited to contract law.

Saudi Arabia’s ultimatum for global companies to move their regional hubs to Riyadh by 2024 or lose business is the kind of decision making that has made some wary of investing there.

The millions of dollars in costs, sudden policy changes and arbitrary legal rulings mean companies will need to weigh the risks of moving there with the potential rewards Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s economic overhaul promises.

Saudi Arabia said this week state contracts would go only to companies with regional hubs in the country to stop economic “leakage.” It gave few details, fueling the kind of uncertainty many regional executives say complicate their dealings with the world’s top oil exporter.

I wonder what kind of changes they will be making to their judicial system and if it will be limited to contract law.
And we are supporting these assholes?

SA still thinks they’re an important country. They’re in for a rude awakening as the world goes all in on solar and other fuels. It can’t happen too soon.

And I would think American Rightwingers would like to tell them to fuck off, embracing solar, but their short-term greed always guides them.

SA still thinks they’re an important country. They’re in for a rude awakening as the world goes all in on solar and other fuels. It can’t happen too soon.

And I would think American Rightwingers would like to tell them to fuck off, embracing solar, but their short-term greed always guides them.
[/QUOTE

We can produce our own oil domestically AND develop alternative energy sources, but it doesn't have to be done in a way that puts a burden on peoples lives, like Left wingers would like to do.
You'll be in for a surprise when your democrat masters keep on wanting to buy M.E. oil in preference to producing it here, and yes it is about greed

Forum List

Back