My Gerbera Daisies survived the winter

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
East coast winter, btw. We basically didn't even have a winter. No snow. Mostly rain. The temps stayed in the 40s to mid 60s. We had a couple of cold weeks, but nothing to really speak of.

I was just out there with the dog before I head out to go see my endocrinologist this afternoon and noticed that they were still alive and starting to get really leafy. It's such a beautiful day outside, the kind of day you take the top off and go for a cruise.

I think this is the first time I've ever had Gerbera Daisies survive the winter.

East coast winter, btw. We basically didn't even have a winter. No snow. Mostly rain. The temps stayed in the 40s to mid 60s. We had a couple of cold weeks, but nothing to really speak of.

I was just out there with the dog before I head out to go see my endocrinologist this afternoon and noticed that they were still alive and starting to get really leafy. It's such a beautiful day outside, the kind of day you take the top off and go for a cruise.

I think this is the first time I've ever had Gerbera Daisies survive the winter.
When I had perennial beds, I loved seeing the green shoots coming up in April and May. You guys are way ahead of us!

I had a begonia that survived for years in exactly the right spot when the ones around it died back every year from the cold.

Forum List

Back