My Plan B

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ok. so I am going to make another post about my plan A the closer I get to the set date. It incorporates a charcoal chimney and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to ask some questions about that whole set up. I mean, I'm gonna do a charcoal BBQ this summer.

I'm committed.

You just can't rush these things. What if there is a burn ban? I need a solid Plan B.
So, do you have any that you take that doesn't incorporate the ingredients that I am using for the antipasto salad?
  • ¼ pound Genoa salami, chopped
  • ¼ pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
  • ½ pound Asiago cheese, diced
Also any other sides that you guys take would be welcome.

This is going to be our first annual something or other.

1618183860096.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I love Macaroni salads to go with my bbq'ing.

1618183853945.png

• Elbow macaroni (obviously )
  • Sweet pickles
  • Red pepper
  • Celery
  • Red onion
  • Hard boiled eggs or shredded or diced cheddar cheese
  • A homemade mayo-based macaroni salad dressing

Macaroni salad will keep for up to five days when stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This is a great salad for making in advance (I actually recommend chilling for at least an hour before serving) and serving at picnics and potlucks, but try not to leave it out at room temperature (or worse, in the heat!) for very long as the salad dressing base will not keep well in the heat.

Calico beans are a great side for an outdoor do:

- 4 Ounces Bacon Diced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 2 15 Ounce Cans~Undrained Pork and Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Kidney Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Butter Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Lima Beans
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven 325 degrees. Spray a 3 qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Cook the bacon, in a large skillet, until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Discard bacon grease.

Using the same skillet, cook ground beef and onion, over medium heat until beef is done and there is no longer any pink. Drain off excess fat. Combine the cooked beef and bacon with beans, brown sugar, ketchup, ketchup, water, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, salt and liquid smoke. Spoon into prepared baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes or until beans have desired thickness.

Last edited:

That's for afterwards. I can't run the show and drink. If I survive and nobody dies of fire..........lol

View attachment 478983

You could always serve pretzels with beer if your first choice flops.

*****CHUCKLE*****

That would be too easy. No. I'm on a mission. My son's birthday is at the end of summer before the world picks up speed. I want to start something at the beginning and I want him to be able to have his friends come. If I can keep this up then later they have something they can return to yearly. I really don't want to get hammered in the heat around the kids at a lake that might have ticks and snakes and other..... wildlife.

Calico beans are a great side for an outdoor do:

- 4 Ounces Bacon Diced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 2 15 Ounce Cans~Undrained Pork and Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Kidney Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Butter Beans
- 1 15 Ounce Can~Drained and Rinsed Lima Beans
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven 325 degrees. Spray a 3 qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Cook the bacon, in a large skillet, until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Discard bacon grease.

Using the same skillet, cook ground beef and onion, over medium heat until beef is done and there is no longer any pink. Drain off excess fat. Combine the cooked beef and bacon with beans, brown sugar, ketchup, ketchup, water, apple cider vinegar, dry mustard, salt and liquid smoke. Spoon into prepared baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes or until beans have desired thickness.
Thanks!

That's for afterwards. I can't run the show and drink. If I survive and nobody dies of fire..........lol

View attachment 478983

*****CHUCKLE*****

That would be too easy. No. I'm on a mission. My son's birthday is at the end of summer before the world picks up speed. I want to start something at the beginning and I want him to be able to have his friends come. If I can keep this up then later they have something they can return to yearly. I really don't want to get hammered in the heat around the kids at a lake that might have ticks and snakes and other..... wildlife.

1618185902344.png

Why didn't you say so!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Ok. so I am going to make another post about my plan A the closer I get to the set date. It incorporates a charcoal chimney and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to ask some questions about that whole set up. I mean, I'm gonna do a charcoal BBQ this summer.

I'm committed.

You just can't rush these things. What if there is a burn ban? I need a solid Plan B.
So, do you have any that you take that doesn't incorporate the ingredients that I am using for the antipasto salad?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
Salami making?

View attachment 478983

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 478991

Why didn't you say so!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Well, mine is 19 and we have two 21 and one just turning 18. They have been together since high school. Robotics.

But, that is an excellent idea.

I'm committed.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
Salami making?
Nope. I am going to get a cheap grill and make souvlaki. If that is out of the question then I am making sandwiches, that antipasto salad and boedicca's calico beans.
I am looking for a sandwich that I can transport to a lake that doesn't have the same ingredients as in the salad.

View attachment 478983

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 478991

Why didn't you say so!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Well, mine is 19 and we have two 21 and one just turning 18. They have been together since high school. Robotics.

1618186616419.png

What do you think is going to happen with fresh warm cookies?

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 478983

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 478991

Why didn't you say so!

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 478992

What do you think is going to happen with fresh warm cookies?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Vomiting in the heat.

But, chocolate chip cookies are pretty dang amazing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back