Names of colors

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I can definitely relate to this. I hate getting told that the wall isn't pink, that it is lavender, or whatever the fuck name they made up.

Colors-copy.jpg

I like to be precise! may be all the names up in that chart are too much.... but there are subtle differences among colors .... not all blues are the same not all yellows are the same either.

I know we are not Van Gogh ... but as a painter he knew exactly the different kind of yellows possible when he painted his Sunflowers.

Ok please excuse my outburst and carry on. :)

Using the proper name for a color is no different than a musician naming a note or a chef identifying a specific ingredient. Has very little to do with sex and more to do with interest and precision in expression.

QW, honey..men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. :lol:

I know .... but some men (like Van Gogh and .. well, all painters really) are from Venus too!!!!!:tongue:

I am pretty sure what he really understood was how to mix other colors into yellow to get exactly the yellow he wanted, but it was still yellow.

hehe ...yes it was still yellow ...but the question arises ...what yellow? :razz:

below are some shades of yellow. are we talking about Gold yellow? or Lemon yellow? perhaps Ochre yellow? or just Mellow yellow, like the song? Yellow is a color that goes from yellow to deep orange or brown.

Gotta be precise in life ! :up:

I know .... but some men (like Van Gogh and .. well, all painters really) are from Venus too!!!!!:tongue:

I am pretty sure what he really understood was how to mix other colors into yellow to get exactly the yellow he wanted, but it was still yellow.

hehe ...yes it was still yellow ...but the question arises ...what yellow? :razz:

below are some shades of yellow. are we talking about Gold yellow? or Lemon yellow? perhaps Ochre yellow? or just Mellow yellow, like the song? Yellow is a color that goes from yellow to deep orange or brown.

Gotta be precise in life ! :up:

Brown and deep orange are yellow? They're not brown and deep orange?

Ay, marimba, I need to get my eyes checked.

Are times I'm thankful to be mildly color blind. :) If it looks pink, it's "pink" or "kinda pink." Beyond that I don't care. :)

That list is so incomplete. Where are Celery and Persimmon?

Forum List

Back