New Book Claims Geronimo Was Not A Merciless Savage

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Paul Harris at Business Insider

geronimo.jpg

Geronimo

Who was Geronimo? For white Americans, he was the most feared and hated Indian warrior of his time – the epitome of the merciless savage bent on slaughtering them and their families.

Later, as the US came to terms with its harsh treatment of Native Americans, the Apache leader would emerge as a different figure: the noble hero fighting to defend his land, people and way of life.

Read the entire interesting story @ New Book Claims Geronimo Was Not A Merciless Killer - Business Insider This also indicates the article first appeared on Real Geronimo was wily fighter whose skill lay in avoiding war, author claims | World news | The Observer

As time passes, some take the time to strip away the biased myths risen about the Red Man and his so-called savageness. It is almost never reported how the leaders of the various American Indian tribes were selected as such a thing might show that they were, in reality, very intelligent and capable individuals – in their own environment. They also fail to discuss the reality of American Indian life; mostly far more democratic than European Americans. This appears to be a book well-worth reading.

Sounds like revisionist history to me.

I wonder if the author mentions the 2 or 300 Mexican's Geronimo killed with his own hands? He hated Mexican's and never missed an opportunity to make one suffer if he could. In fact, most of his band's depredations were committed south of the border.

I wonder if the author mentions the 2 or 300 Mexican's Geronimo killed with his own hands? He hated Mexican's and never missed an opportunity to make one suffer if he could. In fact, most of his band's depredations were committed south of the border.

way to go Geronimo.:clap2:

way to go Geronimo.:clap2:

I figured that would strike a positive chord with the Nutter's. Are you one?

Last edited:

That's because that is where most of his people were raped, tortured, enslaved, and killed.

For a second I thought this was gonna be about him being gay....
Every day and in every way the Libs here push some sort of gay issue...
I thought this was gonna be another one of those.

That's because that is where most of his people were raped, tortured, enslaved, and killed.

True, including members of his own family.

However...does that excuse him paying them back in kind and against people who had nothing to do with all that?

Forum List

Back