..New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
looks interesting

New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal - Yahoo Finance

..New Rifle Mimics Machine Gun's Rapid Fire -- and It's Legal

......NEW YORK -- Machine guns are illegal in the U.S. for most people, but one small company has found a way around that.

Slide Fire, based in Moran, Texas, plans to sell a semiautomatic rifle that mimics the rapid fire of a machine gun and is also fed bullets from a belt, which provides a huge capacity for ammunition -- potentially thousands of rounds.

Brandon Renner, sales and marketing manager for Slide Fire, says the belt-fed rifle, called the SFS BFR, will be available this fall and sell for $6,000.

"It sprays like a fire hose," said Renner. "We recommend no more than 30 rounds on the belt, but one person could make it as big as they want."

Can that be legal?

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says yes, since it's still technically a semiautomatic.

Gotta get me one!!
Just to drive a few gun grabbing fascists off their trollies!!
Based on the description you won't be happy with it unless you are a rich collector who like's inventive curiosities even if they are impractical and serve no useful purpose.

Briefly stated, the "bump stock" feature of this rifle, which enables its rapid fire operation, will unavoidably cause extremely erratic fire direction, making the weapon only marginally effective at extremely close range.

Gotta get me one!!

absolutely. the reactionary liberals will be scrambling for laws to get out from behind the curve on this one once again.

Gotta get me one!!
Based on the description you won't be happy with it unless you are a rich collector who like's inventive curiosities even if they are impractical and serve no useful purpose.

Briefly stated, the "bump stock" feature of this rifle, which enables its rapid fire operation, will unavoidably cause extremely erratic fire direction, making the weapon only marginally effective at extremely close range.

Just like the AK-47.

Gotta get me one!!

Just like the AK-47.

at 450 rounds per minute who really cares about accuracy :eusa_whistle:

It's possible to do the same thing with a rubber band. Not very practical, but a fun way to go through lots of ammunition!

It's possible to do the same thing with a rubber band. Not very practical, but a fun way to go through lots of ammunition!

I saw a guy at a rifle range who did exactly that with a rubber band. I think it cost him $.50 for the bag of rubber bands.

This is just another toy for people who never really outgrew playing "Bang, bang, you're dead!" when they were kids. Of course, I may be wrong. Maybe they need it to bring down an entire reindeer herd.

I saw a guy at a rifle range who did exactly that with a rubber band. I think it cost him $.50 for the bag of rubber bands.

This is just another toy for people who never really outgrew playing "Bang, bang, you're dead!" when they were kids. Of course, I may be wrong. Maybe they need it to bring down an entire reindeer herd.

Or maybe he was just having fun? Either way, if he wasn't hurting anyone, I don't care how much ammo he wastes or what his motivations are.

Actually full automatic weapons are not illegal. They have to be registered and a prohibitive fee the BATF calls a "transfer fee" has to be paid. Why shell out 6 g's for a weapon that mimics full automatic when you can apply for a license and get a real one?

Note: per F-troop, a crank-operated Gatling is NOT a machine gun. There are even some that shoot cheap .22 rifle ammo...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBlT7VNoyww]P3 M-134A1 Vulcan Airsoft Minigun Destroys 40" TV - YouTube[/ame]

Actually full automatic weapons are not illegal. They have to be registered and a prohibitive fee the BATF calls a "transfer fee" has to be paid. Why shell out 6 g's for a weapon that mimics full automatic when you can apply for a license and get a real one?

Govco pretends they are legal but only a limited number of old weapons are transferable. They essentially made them illegal over time by restricting what weapons could be transferred/sold etc. to extremely old weapons (pre86). That's why the price of these old guns are going through the roof.

Of course the law does not apply to "government" they can buy (with our money) and use any fully automatic machine guns on us any time they feel like it.

Last edited:
This is basically putting the power of bump fire into a stock. Clever, and legal but still not as good as the real thing.

Forum List

Back