NFL Running Game

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I saw an article that boasted that the Cleveland Browns are coming into the 2021 season with the NFL's top rushing duo. For the 2020 season, Nick Chubb had 1,069 yards, while Kareem Hunt had 849, for a total of 1,908 yards.

Funny thing, Crimson Tide alum, Derrick Henry, had 2,027 yards on his own.

King Henry, barring serious injury, will be the leading rusher again and destined for the Hall of Fame.

I saw an article that boasted that the Cleveland Browns are coming into the 2021 season with the NFL's top rushing duo. For the 2020 season, Nick Chubb had 1,069 yards, while Kareem Hunt had 849, for a total of 1,908 yards.

King Henry, barring serious injury, will be the leading rusher again and destined for the Hall of Fame.
My motto for the NFL is if you take a knee, break a knee

Then everyone will have something to cheer about

I saw a very fair comparison for Henry, a couple of days ago.

Almost sacrilegious, but Jim Brown.

Just bigger and faster than anyone trying to bring him down.

One thing we have learned recently is the shelf life of running backs is short enough that it is foolish to sign them to long term deals. Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, and quite possibly Zeke Elliot, all go bust after signing a massive deal.

However, once every ten years someone like Derrick Henry comes along and breaks the mold. Others who have broken this same mold include Adrian Peterson and Emmitt Smith. In comparing Henry to another running back with a similar style, the only one I can think of is Earl Campbell or John Riggins.

Henry might be a running back that comes along every 20, or 30 years.

One thing we have learned recently is the shelf life of running backs is short enough that it is foolish to sign them to long term deals. Todd Gurley, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, and quite possibly Zeke Elliot, all go bust after signing a massive deal.

However, once every ten years someone like Derrick Henry comes along and breaks the mold. Others who have broken this same mold include Adrian Peterson and Emmitt Smith. In comparing Henry to another running back with a similar style, the only one I can think of is Earl Campbell or John Riggins.

Henry might be a running back that comes along every 20, or 30 years.

Frank Gore has actually played in more games over more years than Emmitt Smith. Smith had a lot more carries, though.

And now the Titans have Julio Jones, who if he can stay healthy gives them a deep threat that cannot be ignored.

Forum List

Back