No Difference Between Newtown and Abortion

His question is a honest one for discussion.

When does human life gain its value? Is it variable or a constant?

I am not going to go into the right or wrong moral aspect of abortion. That is not for me to decide for others.

I am curious however as to how we as people view the human life from conception to death.

Does the tragic loss of a child through miscarriage aka spontaneous abortion mean less and have less "life" value than the tragic loss of a toddler or a first grader?

d'uh.

we just lost a fetus due to spontaneous abortion.

that sucks, but it is not at all comparable to the situation where my toddler suddenly dies.

why is this such a different concept.

there is, after all, a difference between a toddler and a fetus.:D:D

So very sorry.

Not to the parent who once held her almost full term child it did not. (Not myself for the sake of truth.) But you do address the disproportionate value to life we often do apply. Certain losses of life seemingly give us more of a collective grief unity.

By the way, what is the difference between a fetus and a toddler other than they are both dependent on others for their life? I do not mean legally, I mean emotionally.

Just curious, if one of those shot at the school had been a pregnant woman shot in the belly and she survived but her fetus did not would the dead fetus have the same life value as the dead little children in the classroom? The answer to that might offer some interesting insight for each of us.

i appreciate the condolences, but they are not necessary.

i posted this personal tidbit to highlight the difference between losing a fetus and losing a toddler.

your continued "what is the difference" and then this positively ghoulish afterbirth of a thought is trolling i would never dare to offer, not even on this retarded cesspool of a board. :D:D

Does the tragic loss of a child through miscarriage aka spontaneous abortion mean less and have less "life" value than the tragic loss of a toddler or a first grader?
Yes. What a stupid question.

I disagree that it is a stupid question because you can't speak for others Ravi.
I can speak for myself. It was a stupid question. There is a huge difference between a fetus and a toddler.

It is it until it is alive. You are no one to speak about education.

Soooo, you're saying a human fetus isn't alive? :D

I am saying it is not a human being, it is a fetus. Sperm is alive, should we make masterbation illegal?

And I'm saying it's a human fetus (human being the emphasis) not a chicken egg. I'm talkin' babies here, not what oozes down your leg. :D

Last edited:
007 - Art's right on this
Article 15 is a NON JUDICIAL punishment.
Think of it like the wrist slapping Bill Clinton got when caught lying under oath.

Looks like you took some time off to google.

:thup:

I served for 23 years, asswipe.
I know the difference between a Captain's Mast/Art. 15/Office Hours - whatever one wants to call it and a CM.
Why don't you go fetch some Relative Bearing Grease, a Bucket of Steam and the Stern Gate Key. And there will be a Sea Bat on display on the foc'sle at 1800 hours. Come on up stupid and have a look. An incredible creature.

d'uh.

we just lost a fetus due to spontaneous abortion.

that sucks, but it is not at all comparable to the situation where my toddler suddenly dies.

why is this such a different concept.

there is, after all, a difference between a toddler and a fetus.:D:D

Not to the parent who once held her almost full term child. (Not myself for the sake of truth.) But you do address the disproportionate value to life we often do apply. Certain losses of life seemingly give us more of a collective grief unity.

By the way, what is the difference between a fetus and a toddler other than they are both dependent on others for their life?

Just curious, if one of those shot at the school had been a pregnant woman shot in the belly and she survived but her fetus did not would the dead fetus have the same life value as the dead little children in the classroom? The answer to that might offer some interesting insight for each of us.

C'mon now, Dreamy

Pointed but true. We end life in utero because it is still dependent for life and on the mother. So are toddlers. If I left a toddler without care alone she would die yet we do consider one life more expendable.

I am not making this a case for anything but to discuss how life has a value placed on it from conception to death.

Think of it like the wrist slapping Bill Clinton got when caught lying under oath.

I know the difference between a Captain's Mast/Art. 15/Office Hours - whatever one wants to call it and a CM.
Why don't you go fetch some Relative Bearing Grease, a Bucket of Steam and the Stern Gate Key. And there will be a Sea Bat on display on the foc'sle at 1800 hours. Come on up stupid and have a look. An incredible creature.
Who'd you serve, your boyfriend? I have a hard time believing you could last in such a long term relationship.

OK, but what does that have to do with you being such a pussy?

Really, it's OK, but why are you such a pussy?

^
renowned throughout the 7th fleet for his hummingbird lips and pistol grip ears

Yes. What a stupid question.

I disagree that it is a stupid question because you can't speak for others Ravi.
I can speak for myself. It was a stupid question. There is a huge difference between a fetus and a toddler.

Your opinion of my question is noted. Your viewpoint is also noted.

What is the huge difference in your opinion, just for laughs of course Ravi?

why don't you try to find, just for laughs, a woman who has lost a toddler and also lost a fetus. it is highly probable that one of the mothers of the shot children also had a spontaneous abortion previously.

then ask her your really interesting question, for laughs. and to gleam insight. :D

I'm pretty sure your proven intellectual dishonesty allows you to assume all sorts of things about topics you don't understand.

Oh, wait. Yeah, it does.

Since the other two children on this thread aren't up to it: go ahead and cite where biology claims that life begins at conception.

I'm certain I would have no prob finding the proof (as you would if you looked) but before I do would you repost a bit of my "intellectual dishonesty" so everyone can see what you refer to? :D

Here, let me help you:

"Your argument and that of mjollnir is both childish and self-serving. There is no disagreement among scientists that a human embryo is a living organism so why are you making such a fuss? No one is taking away your right to kill unwanted kids."

OK, Princess, I'll play. What about that statement do you find to be "intellectually dishonest?" :D

why don't you try to find, just for laughs, a woman who has lost a toddler and also lost a fetus. it is highly probable that one of the mothers of the shot children also had a spontaneous abortion previously.

then ask her your really interesting question, for laughs. and to gleam insight. :D

I have known a woman who has lost a child stillborn in the 8 month and a 16 month old, not by gunshot but by illness. She grieves for them both deeply.

Do you believe you speak for all parents? I do not.

OK, but what does that have to do with you being such a pussy?

Really, it's OK, but why are you such a pussy?

He is a pussy because he was in the Navy. If he was a man, he would have joined the Marines.

Forum List

Back