No Difference Between Newtown and Abortion

His question is a honest one for discussion.

When does human life gain its value? Is it variable or a constant?

I am not going to go into the right or wrong moral aspect of abortion. That is not for me to decide for others.

I am curious however as to how we as people view the human life from conception to death.

Does the tragic loss of a child through miscarriage aka spontaneous abortion mean less and have less "life" value than the tragic loss of a toddler or a first grader?

Good points and the discussion lasted, more or less, until about page 16 when the angry trolls took over. I wonder if this is proper subject matter for the Taproom? :D

I am not going to go into the right or wrong moral aspect of abortion. That is not for me to decide for others.

I am curious however as to how we as people view the human life from conception to death.

Does the tragic loss of a child through miscarriage aka spontaneous abortion mean less and have less "life" value than the tragic loss of a toddler or a first grader?

Good points and the discussion lasted, more or less, until about page 16 when the angry trolls took over. I wonder if this is proper subject matter for the Taproom? :D

an angry troll started this thread.

Except a human fetus isn't a chicken egg......

A human fetus was also referred to as an "It" earlier in this thread by another poster as gifted as this one.

This is how these people think. They think of a human fetus as some sort of an irrelevant object.

Science disagrees. And so do I.

In fairness, not knowing the gender, what else would one call it?

Last edited:

Angry at what?
OP was pretty straight forward dumbfuck
Christ, even a stooge like you should have been able to comprehend
Did I under estimate myself , you race bating racist bigot?

Except a human fetus isn't a chicken egg......

A human fetus was also referred to as an "It" earlier in this thread by another poster as gifted as this one.

This is how these people think. They think of a human fetus as some sort of an irrelevant object.

Human beings?

Angry at what?

i have no idea why you are an angry sissy.

afraid that your guns will be taken away?

What is the difference between a child in the womb and a child in a schoolroom Libberhoids? More than 55 million just-as-innocent kids have been killed by abortion doctors since Roe v. Wade became law in 1973.

I have an idea. Let's ban assault rifles and the tools of the abortion trade, you know, in the spirit of bipartisanship.

ten cells isn't a child.

What Women are aborting is not ten cells Jillian.
Women are aborting little babies. The very word fetus means offspring in Latin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_2YPMEN7M]What Happens During an 8 to 10 Week Abortion (Not Graphic) - YouTube[/ame]

The point should be made, that those who support the murdering of their own offspring as freedom, should also see the point of those of us who want to own semi automatic pistols and rifles. It is our 2nd amendment right. Abortion is not
Both are freedom and both feel strongly between the two.
If you don't want abortion taken away, our semi automatic rifles and pistols and 30 round magazines should not be taken away from law abiding citizens.

Human beings?

No, that's not how language works. Both male and female are human beings. If you don't know if it is male or female, then 'it' it is.

how many abortions are done on 8 month old fetuses? percentage wise.

Few I hope. I am not discussing abortion. I am discussing life and its value at any stage after conception. I don't much care that others choose abortion, honestly. Not my problem or concern. I just wonder about how varied life value works for everyone. I have no idea since I never lost a child before birth or after. I did feel love for my child pretty early on in the pregnancy.

in one case it is a potential life. during pregnancy many things can go wrong, leading to a miscarriage. in many of these cases, specifically the very early ones, that is actually a good thing, as the miscarriage is caused by some malfunction of the body of the mother-to-be or by an unhealthy fetus.

if you lose this potential life, you grieve for what could have been.

if you lose a child due to sickness, that is tough shit. but it is still not comparable to having a healthy child killed by a maniac.

last, but not leeds: don't forget that you are posting in a thread stating that abortion and the killing of schoolchildren do not differ.

last, but not leeds: don't forget that you are posting in a thread stating that abortion and the killing of schoolchildren do not differ.

I will admit I was trying to simply piggyback on the topic with another angle and maybe save the thread from the direction it headed.

in one case it is a potential life. during pregnancy many things can go wrong, leading to a miscarriage. in many of these cases, specifically the very early ones, that is actually a good thing, as the miscarriage is caused by some malfunction of the body of the mother-to-be or by an unhealthy fetus.

if you lose a child due to sickness, that is tough shit. but it is still not comparable to having a healthy child killed by a maniac.

Perhaps but doesn't all life have a "potential" aspect in the sense that the loss of those precious young children by that killer cut short the unknown potential that each and every one of their lives offered? All life from conception until it ends has potential.

Last edited:

Angry at what?

Angry at being such a self-hating, sniveling pussy, in your case.

Sack up, Twinky.

afraid that your guns will be taken away?

That's the first thing Hitler did asswipe.
Who's proposing such a measure now?

No, it wasn't the 'first thing Hitler did, you historically illiterate splooge-hungry welfare queen and, no, it's not being proposed now.

Does your lack of intelligence tie in some way to you being such a complete pussy?

No, I ask that in all seriousness.

Really. It's heartfelt.

Few I hope. I am not discussing abortion. I am discussing life and its value at any stage after conception. I don't much care that others choose abortion, honestly. Not my problem or concern. I just wonder about how varied life value works for everyone. I have no idea since I never lost a child before birth or after. I did feel love for my child pretty early on in the pregnancy.

I will admit I was trying to simply piggyback on the topic with another angle and maybe save the thread from the direction it headed.

Perhaps but doesn't all life have a "potential" aspect in the sense that the loss of those precious young children by that killer cut short the unknown potential that each and every one of their lives offered? All life from conception until it ends has potential.

i give up.

the steps from zygote to embryo to fetus to child to a young potential to a highly successful ceo, popstar, rugby star, internet troll are not equal steps.

the first steps are the most dangerous steps, where very much can go wrong. the probability of a born human being without major dysfunction to survive and live a healthy long live is much higher than the probability of a zygote to survive until birth.

i give up.

the steps from zygote to embryo to fetus to child to a young potential to a highly successful ceo, popstar, rugby star, internet troll are not equal steps.

the first steps are the most dangerous steps, where very much can go wrong. the probability of a born human being without major dysfunction to survive and live a healthy long live is much higher than the probability of a zygote to survive until birth.

All life from conception on has potential. That is simply a truth. How people value the various stages of life is up to them. The fact that I may value life in a different way and from a different starting point than you is nothing that I will ever change and I will never ask you to apologize or change for not sharing the same beliefs. It is what it is in spite of those on this thread who may consider the discussion and premise "stupid".

Thanks for the input and your point of view here all the same LK.

Last edited:

Angry at what?

^

no anger

it would be physically impossible to underestimate you

Your opinion of my question is noted. Your viewpoint is also noted.

What is the huge difference in your opinion, just for laughs of course Ravi?

why don't you try to find, just for laughs, a woman who has lost a toddler and also lost a fetus. it is highly probable that one of the mothers of the shot children also had a spontaneous abortion previously.

then ask her your really interesting question, for laughs. and to gleam insight. :D

I have known a woman who has lost a child stillborn in the 8 month and a 16 month old, not by gunshot but by illness. She grieves for them both deeply.

Do you believe you speak for all parents? I do not.
Ask her if losing an eight week old fetus is equal to losing a two year old child and get back to us.

why don't you try to find, just for laughs, a woman who has lost a toddler and also lost a fetus. it is highly probable that one of the mothers of the shot children also had a spontaneous abortion previously.

then ask her your really interesting question, for laughs. and to gleam insight. :D

I have known a woman who has lost a child stillborn in the 8 month and a 16 month old, not by gunshot but by illness. She grieves for them both deeply.

Do you believe you speak for all parents? I do not.
Ask her if losing an eight week old fetus is equal to losing a two year old child and get back to us.

Why do I need to ask her about something she did not experience as you describe?

Bottom life, as I said is that all life has potential and seeing the potential of any life ended too soon is tragic imo.

Forum List

Back