No Playing Tag

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
It has come to the attention of the Dept of Education that some parents are allowing their children to play "TAG" at family functions and in their yards in public. This is irresonsible behavior and a terrible example for your children.

Tag makes children feel unsafe! It places a child on the spot and makes them feel like they have to make a decision. This is unfair as you all know. By the time our children reach adult age all decisions will be made for them by government so it is not necessary for us to place children in this position.

I feel confident that soon a law will be passed by the left in exchange for their support of some sensible legislation on the right side so STOP THIS DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! You ARE HURTING YOUR CHILDREN!

I would suggest placing them all indoors in front of a Sony Play Station as a "group" when you have family functions. They will be safer and continue their quest to be the fattest children on earth.

Unfortunately, this isn't a joke. I'm reading The War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers. In this book, she gives a few examples of boys who have been disciplined, suspended, or expelled from school for nothing more than chasing a girl or climbing over a picnic bench or RUNNING! Insanity.

My baby waits all day for my husband to come home so he can wrestle. I try to keep him busy with jobs. I don't like wrestling; it's way too rough for me. But, in the evenings, my husband and two boys wreck the bed wrestling, throwing punches, etc. I can't understand it, but my boys would burst if they didn't beat each other up in the evenings.

mom4 said:
Unfortunately, this isn't a joke. I'm reading The War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers. In this book, she gives a few examples of boys who have been disciplined, suspended, or expelled from school for nothing more than chasing a girl or climbing over a picnic bench or RUNNING! Insanity.

Suppressing maleness is a preemptive sociological assault on a country. They are the fighters.

rtwngAvngr said:
Suppressing maleness is a preemptive sociological assault on a country. They are the fighters.

It's the pussification of America. You know RWA. That liberal mentallity. Everybody's a winner, nobody's a loser, we all feel good. They're trying to eliminate the human nature of a man to compete.

It's just MORE liberal garbage being INSTITUTED against our children, even though we KNOW liberal teachings DO NOT work.

That is like the girl who was charged with simple assault because she kicked the ball and hit some kid in the mouth while playing dodgeball.

Ridiculous.

-------

Complaints by the parents of a student injured during a game at Hermosa Elementary School prompted authorities to charge Brittney Schneiders with battery.

Five other students also accused of battery stemming from the May 8 playground game opted to take probation, but Brittney Schneiders and her parents refused.

"I don't think I did (commit a crime)," Brittney told NBC4's Mary Parks. "I thought I was just playing a dodge ball game. I never thought it would come up to this level."

For seven years, Schneiders made the honor roll and received good citizenship awards, but the teen soccer star is in a legal mess over a game of "Wall Ball."

"Wall Ball" is a game where a team throws or kicks a ball in an attempt to hit other players.

Schneiders kicked a ball that hit a boy who wore braces, giving him a fat lip.

The district attorney, probation and sheriff's departments agreed with the school that the boy was repeatedly and unnecessarily hit with the ball and they filed charges against the students.

But Brittney's father, Ray Schneiders, believes the law has gone overboard.

"We are not parents who see our princess can do no wrong," Ray Schneiders said. "It is all about power and the manic egos of those who possess and abuse it."

David Hidalgo, supervising deputy district attorney for San Bernardino County, told NBC4 that although it is illegal for his office to discuss specific cases, he notes that there is always the option of community service or a letter of apology to resolve a case.

"When parents refuse to cooperate under those circumstances and they refuse to hold a minor accountable for their criminal conduct and insist they go to court to refute the allegations, then we have no choice," Hidalgo said.

The district attorney's office also is frustrated by not being able to legally and publicly divulge all the facts in the case, Parks reported.

The case is set for trial in March.

http://www.nbc4.tv/sports/7096612/detail.html

GotZoom said:
Schneiders kicked a ball that hit a boy who wore braces, giving him a fat lip.

The district attorney, probation and sheriff's departments agreed with the school that the boy was repeatedly and unnecessarily hit with the ball and they filed charges against the students.
So, did the boy STEP OUT OF THE GAME if he thought it was too rough?
:duh3:

If he stepped out of the game, and the other kids ganged up on him, pursued him and beat him up, it's one thing. But if it was during the game, he should have simply stopped playing.

mom4 said:
So, did the boy STEP OUT OF THE GAME if he thought it was too rough?
:duh3:

If he stepped out of the game, and the other kids ganged up on him, pursued him and beat him up, it's one thing. But if it was during the game, he should have simply stopped playing.

I think this is what happened:

Parents when seeing son with bloody lip from being cut by his braces: "What in the world happened..who did this to you ?"

Son: "I got hit in the mouth by a ball."

Parents "You weren't playing dodgeball were you. You know what we said we would do to you if you played dodgeball while you had braces!"

Son: (pausing)..."Um...no..no..I wasn't playing..I walked by..they all started throwing the ball at me laughing..I told them to stop, I didn't want to play but they kept going."

What really happened: He was the first kid against the wall at recess.

GotZoom said:
I think this is what happened:

Parents when seeing son with bloody lip from being cut by his braces: "What in the world happened..who did this to you ?"

Son: "I got hit in the mouth by a ball."

Parents "You weren't playing dodgeball were you. You know what we said we would do to you if you played dodgeball while you had braces!"

Son: (pausing)..."Um...no..no..I wasn't playing..I walked by..they all started throwing the ball at me laughing..I told them to stop, I didn't want to play but they kept going."

What really happened: He was the first kid against the wall at recess.
LOL! Very likely scenario!

Forum List

Back