No 'Stand Down' Order In Benghazi, Despite What Darrell Issa Said

Do you believe General Ham's testimony about the remain in place order?

yeah, yeah, yeah try debunking one:

Declassified Transcripts Undermine Fox's Benghazi Hoax | Blog | Media Matters for America

---

Claim: Various critical statements about the September 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya:

FALSE: Administration officials watched the attacks unfold in real time but did nothing to intervene.

FALSE: Requests issued by U.S. personnel for military back-up during the attacks were denied.

FALSE: General Carter Ham was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.

FALSE: Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.

Read more at snopes.com: Attack on the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi

Secretary of Defense Panetta stated during an October 2012 press briefing that General Ham was one of the military commanders who had judged it too dangerous to send troops to Benghazi without a clearer picture of events on the ground:
The "basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," [Panetta] said during a joint question-and-answer session with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff General Martin Dempsey.

"As a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, General Ham, General Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation," Panetta said.

Declassified Transcripts Undermine Fox's Benghazi Hoax | Blog | Media Matters for America

---

Claim: Various critical statements about the September 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya:

FALSE: Administration officials watched the attacks unfold in real time but did nothing to intervene.

FALSE: Requests issued by U.S. personnel for military back-up during the attacks were denied.

FALSE: General Carter Ham was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.

FALSE: Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was relieved of his command for attempting to provide military assistance during the Benghazi attacks.

Go away idjit.

General Ham testified to the "remain in place" order given by the admiral in charge.....and if one is to believe THAT part of his testimony and I do....

Then one must ALSO believe him when he says "budget cuts" had NOTHING to with anything that happened.

---

Go away idjit.

General Ham testified to the "remain in place" order given by the admiral in charge.....and if one is to believe THAT part of his testimony and I do....

Then one must ALSO believe him when he says "budget cuts" had NOTHING to with anything that happened.

Ham is military. The embassy budget cuts were to the State Department.

And around and around we go with the highly (mis)informed Foxetcbot....change the gd channel- pure bs propaganda and spin...

Last edited:

---

Go away idjit.

Ham is military. The embassy budget cuts were to the State Department.

LOL, Lakhota you aren't going to like this.

As for franco the spick....who cares.

Who do you think was providing the Security for the Ambassador until August 3rd?

As we talked about security with the decision to deploy and then
extend the deployment of the Site Security Team, the Department of
Defense team operating under the Ambassador's authority, which expired
on the 3rd of August of last year, I did have many conversations with
Ambassador Stevens about whether that force would be extended. And
the nature of my conversation with Ambassador Stevens was basically
if you want this, if you want to extend the team beyond the 3rd of August,
we, U.S. Africa Command, are prepared to do so.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=AAEBCAA5-4C8F-4820-BACD-2DB9B53C3424

Pssst?

General Ham was.

The
last extension expired the 3rd of August and the State Department
decided to not request a further extensionJ

This is what happens when you ignorant Lefty's won't educate yourselves.

Secretary of Defense Panetta stated during an October 2012 press briefing that General Ham was one of the military commanders who had judged it too dangerous to send troops to Benghazi without a clearer picture of events on the ground:
The "basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," [Panetta] said during a joint question-and-answer session with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff General Martin Dempsey.

"As a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, General Ham, General Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation," Panetta said.

They were well aware of the fact that the Consulate was under attack. Since when is it not reasonable to put the military at risk? That is what they are there for. The Army motto has always been "go to the sound of the guns," not lets sit here on our ass and see what happens.

I'm not a ****, racist dingbat- franco refers to my francophilia. I'm pure British.

The more that is coming out on this, the more it looks like Republicans have been making shit up just to destroy Hillary and the President. This is not going to sit well with the American public when this all comes out. I am so sick of all the lies from the right.

The lies started from Obama when he kept calling it a spontaneous attack based on the video long after everyone knew what a load of crap it was. And we still can't get clear answers. Ask Richard Nixon if coverups are OK even if you're not involved in an underlying crime.

One thing I agree with you on, it's not clear the administration actually did anything wrong during the attack. And it's very clear politically they should have just opened up their Kimono and moved on. Poor judgement seems to be plausible rather than their having done anything overtly wrong. I don't think the Republicans will prove anything more than poor judgement.

What this demonstrates once again is that Obama's a thin skinned despot who has no tolerance for being questioned. He will cover up, and he genuinely doesn't grasp why he would ever have to answer a question, any question. He's Obama.

Before you jump off to the video and the talking points are you now in agreement that there was never a White House or Military order to anyone to "Stand Down", That that was lie designed to damage the Obama campaign?

There was never an order to do anything, which is the same thing as saying stand down.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
The CIA got there in 25 minutes. After that the scumbag militia got off a lucky mortar shot 5 hrs later. The military couldn't get there in any reasonable time frame and WOULD'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE. BTW, that's another country. Jeebus you hater dupes are fos. SHUT THE FEQ UP AND READ SOMETHING NOT FROM YOUR BRAINWASHERS....

The CIA got there in 25 minutes. After that the scumbag militia got off a lucky mortar shot 5 hrs later. The military couldn't get there in any reasonable time frame and WOULD'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE. BTW, that's another country. Jeebus you hater dupes are fos. SHUT THE FEQ UP AND READ SOMETHING NOT FROM YOUR BRAINWASHERS....

I just showed you Ham had the protective detail until August 3rd, Hillary could have but chose NOT to request an extension.

Now shut the fuck up.

I'm not a ****, racist dingbat- franco refers to my francophilia. I'm pure British.

Who cares?

It gets under your skin every time.

You are ignorant no matter what you are.

Obviously most hater dupes couldn't care less about the truth, just like being in the greedy a-hole rich white party...makes you a racist greedy idiot too. I could care less about your bs talking points and bigoted insults lol. But sure makes you and your side look bad. Calling people spics is hilarious, hater dupe.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::lol:

I remember that first 24 hours.. A lot of us were here posting.. A report came out that Barry went to bed.. That's the last I heard regarding his whereabouts that night.

Barry went to bed? Holy shit, imagine that. The military was in charge, so what was he supposed to do - knowing there would be a shitstorm the following morning. The man needed rest.

George Bush never went to bed.

He played golf, went on tax-paid vacations a LOT, got drunk, did some drugs, danced for the press, stumbled over his own feet every single day, lied about everything, choked on any food that was not pre-chewed for him, planned future paintings of his feet in the bathtub and in general, screwed over this and other countries, but by golly, our Good Job Brownie, Let Katrina Victims Make a Swim For It President, never went to bed.

Who cares?

It gets under your skin every time.

You are ignorant no matter what you are.

Obviously most hater dupes couldn't care less about the truth, just like being in the greedy a-hole rich white party...makes you a racist greedy idiot too. I could care less about your bs talking points and bigoted insults lol. But sure makes you and your side look bad. Calling people spics is hilarious, hater dupe.:cuckoo::eusa_liar::lol:

Pure deflection from the fact that General says HE had security until August 3rd and HILLARY could have but did NOT request an extension.

I just showed you Ham had the protective detail until August 3rd, Hillary could have but chose NOT to request an extension.

Now shut the fuck up.

How could Hillary know YOUR BS RW SIDE would put out an insane video that would inflame the ME? Which is STILL probably behind, or triggered, this attack....:eusa_liar::badgrin::eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back