Not to Say I Told You so, but...

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
...but I've been saying this for 20 years.

Some idiots here are still stuck on a false crisis they were fed as children. Let that shit go and take a look into the real problems of the future.

Some idiots here are still stuck on a false crisis they were fed as children. Let that shit go and take a look into the real problems of the future.
I remember films of mothers trying to hide a pregnancy and being dragged off to the clinic by military personnel. Really.

What makes you think China is not one of the real problems of the future?

Too few people in China is a "problem"?

Whoda thunk?

Whoda thunk?
Yes, and we had better pay attention, because this is the problem almost every nation will face in 50 years or so.

Whoda thunk?
Yes, and we had better pay attention, because this is the problem almost every nation will face in 50 years or so.

Not unless we embrace the policy of aborting baby girls because we'd rather have predominantly male offspring.

Fuck mainland China. They did that to themselves.

Whoda thunk?

Not unless we embrace the policy of aborting baby girls because we'd rather have predominantly male offspring.

You are completely missing the point.

Whoda thunk?

Then please explain the point. You're a teacher, aren't you? Then learn me something new of which I've never encountered, and which you yourself have had an epiphany of.

I'm all ears here. An eager vessel, waiting to be poured out upon the ground, and re-filled with relevant knowledge, that will be instrumental is creating a well-adjusted, successful, happy, and obedient citizen.

Last edited:

Whoda thunk?

Then please explain the point. You're a teacher, aren't you? Then learn me something new of which I've never encountered, and which you yourself have discovered.
Damn, I thought he was a Samurai.

Whoda thunk?

Then please explain the point. You're a teacher, aren't you? Then learn me something new of which I've never encountered, and which you yourself have discovered.
Damn, I thought he was a Samurai.

Only a part-time Samurai. Everyone knows that the greatest Samurai who ever lived was that white guy in the movie "The Last Samurai."

I think his name was Tom Cruise or something.

Whoda thunk?

Then please explain the point. ......

The point is that the challenges of population decline will be faced by ALL countries in coming decades. We would be wise to pay attention to what countries facing more immediately than us are trying, and to think about responses before they are in our lap.

Japan did a good job reaching zero population growth. It's been very painful for Japan to abandon the "Infinite growth is possible and desirable!" cancer-cell economic model, but they're doing it.

Economists _hate_ it. They focus on GDP and economic numbers, which are bad. But if a stagnant economy is supporting fewer people, living standards are going up.

Japan did a good job reaching zero population growth. It's been very painful for Japan to abandon the "Infinite growth is possible and desirable!" cancer-cell economic model, but they're doing it.

Economists _hate_ it. They focus on GDP and economic numbers, which are bad. But if a stagnant economy is supporting fewer people, living standards are going up.
Japan hasn't been "trying" to reach the current state of population level. It is a looming national challenge, one that all developed countries are facing.

Whoda thunk?

The point is that the challenges of population decline will be faced by ALL countries in coming decades. We would be wise to pay attention to what countries facing more immediately than us are trying, and to think about responses before they are in our lap.

Whoda thunk?

The population decline has been in technologically advanced countries by choice, not as a matter of coercion.

The Chicoms had a one-child policy as a matter of compulsion, and the Chinese aborted hundreds of millions of girl babies in response....Their shitting in their own mess kits has nothing to do with the demographic trends in the developed (relatively) free world.

Whoda thunk?

The population decline has been in technologically advanced countries by choice, not as a matter of coercion.
Exactly.

Forum List

Back