Now the evidence is released. ObamaCare passed due to illegal voters voting in 2008.

I'm retired now, but in my job I had to travel quite a bit and never knew when I'd be asked to go somewhere on short notice. Hence, I voted absentee ballots a lot and always wondered whether my votes were thrown away. I'm so glad now that I can vote in person. I remember one time where I got the absentee ballot but discovered I didn't have to travel on election day. I called the registrar's office to inform them that I wanted to return the absentee ballot. They replied that since I had the absentee ballot, I might as well fill it in and mail it because since I had been issued an absentee ballot, I would not be able to vote in person and could get in a lot of trouble if I even tried to do so. Well, that's in Virginia where there are some tight requirements, but I wonder how many others have voted absentee and then shown up in person to vote again?
hmmmm, maybe this is a ''by state thing''? It was my understanding that if you were mailed an absentee ballot, but chose NOT to send it in and vote in person, it was okay.

It was OKAY to do such, because those who voted by absentee were vetted against the voter roll from their precinct, to make certain the citizen did not vote twice.

Voter fraud. What voter fraud? Oh, that voter fraud.

From the Washington Post:

Could control of the Senate in 2014 be decided by illegal votes cast by non-citizens? Some argue that incidents of voting by non-citizens are so rare as to be inconsequential, with efforts to block fraud a screen for an agenda to prevent poor and minority voters from exercising the franchise, while others define such incidents as a threat to democracy itself. Both sides depend more heavily on anecdotes than data.

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote. But enough do that their participation can change the outcome of close races.

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.
Hmmm ... 339 non-citizens out of 32,800 poll respondents is 1.03%. 6.4% (whom the blogger guestimates may have actually voted) of that is 0.07%. Obama beat McCain 2,142,651 to 2,128,474 in North Carolina. Using the guestimates from this blogger would mean Obama received 2,260 votes from non-citizens compared to McCain's 565 votes; or a net gain for Obama of 1,695 votes ... nowhere near enough for McCain to have won North Carolina. Not to mention, Obama still would have easily won the election even had McCain won North Carolina. For a race to be affected by this, it would need to be a razor thin election, like the Franken/Coleman example.

NC doesn't have that many electoral votes, but how would things have turned out had the states of contention been Florida, Ohio, or California?
Obama could have lost any one of those states and he still would have won the election. Look, I'm not saying this isn't a problem. It's a problem which can be easily fixed if election registrars would do their job.

Jose, Juan, Carlos, all register to vote, Pedro votes for all three.

Could control of the Senate in 2014 be decided by illegal votes cast by non-citizens? Some argue that incidents of voting by non-citizens are so rare as to be inconsequential, with efforts to block fraud a screen for an agenda to prevent poor and minority voters from exercising the franchise, while others define such incidents as a threat to democracy itself. Both sides depend more heavily on anecdotes than data.

In a forthcoming article in the journal Electoral Studies, we bring real data from big social science survey datasets to bear on the question of whether, to what extent, and for whom non-citizens vote in U.S. elections. Most non-citizens do not register, let alone vote. But enough do that their participation can change the outcome of close races.

Our data comes from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES). Its large number of observations (32,800 in 2008 and 55,400 in 2010) provide sufficient samples of the non-immigrant sub-population, with 339 non-citizen respondents in 2008 and 489 in 2010. For the 2008 CCES, we also attempted to match respondents to voter files so that we could verify whether they actually voted.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.

Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.
Jebus.....

you sure require such a low level to non existent level of Proof....

There is NO EVIDENCE being shown in your article, it is merely speculation....

and a FALSE ONE at that....on saying Obamacare would not have passed if it weren't for Al Franken's 60th vote yahdahdahdahdah.....

So who did cast the critical 60th vote for the Affordable Care Act, a k a “Obamacare”?

Facing a new election year, the GOP has an answer ready to go: U.S. Sen. Al Franken, the Minnesota Democrat whose 2008 recount victory over Republican Norm Coleman helped alter the balance of power in national politics.

With the rocky rollout of healthcare.gov, Minnesotans can expect to hear a lot about the symbolic 60th vote; for example, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann recently penned an opinion piece calling Franken “a leading cheerleader and the 60th vote for Obamacare.”

But in a body of 100 senators, Franken is hardly the only contender for the distinction. Not to mention that in the end, the essential finishing touches of the health care law passed the Senate — thanks to some... legislative maneuvering — with a mere 56 votes, not 60.
edit
LINK
Did Al Franken really cast the 60th vote for Obamacare Star Tribune

so, NO, this speculation does not show any evidence that illegal voters changed the outcome of the elections,

and NO, the results of these races, even if reversed, would not have stopped Obamacare from passing, they only needed 56 votes to break the filibuster

The Corn Husker kick back was all that was needed.

Hmmm ... 339 non-citizens out of 32,800 poll respondents is 1.03%. 6.4% (whom the blogger guestimates may have actually voted) of that is 0.07%. Obama beat McCain 2,142,651 to 2,128,474 in North Carolina. Using the guestimates from this blogger would mean Obama received 2,260 votes from non-citizens compared to McCain's 565 votes; or a net gain for Obama of 1,695 votes ... nowhere near enough for McCain to have won North Carolina. Not to mention, Obama still would have easily won the election even had McCain won North Carolina. For a race to be affected by this, it would need to be a razor thin election, like the Franken/Coleman example.

NC doesn't have that many electoral votes, but how would things have turned out had the states of contention been Florida, Ohio, or California?
Obama could have lost any one of those states and he still would have won the election. Look, I'm not saying this isn't a problem. It's a problem which can be easily fixed if election registrars would do their job.

I'm not arguing that Obama's election would have turned, the evidence here shows that ObamaCare passed ONLY because of the voting of non-citizens who put Franken into office. His was the crucial 60th vote. It's Franken who shouldn't be in office.

So you are giving Franken credit for passing Obamacare? He should use that for his next reelection campaign. Thanks Obama and Al for helping me get insurance at a reasonable price that I couldn't get before for any price, because of a preexisting heart condition. I would have died without my cardiologist.

Legislation of one line would have gotten us the preexisting condition clause.

My guess is that you are receiving subsides.

lol

A major probe by the Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop.

Out of the 300 million votes cast in that period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for voter fraud – and many of the cases involved immigrants and former felons who were simply unaware of their ineligibility.

The GOP War on Voting Rolling Stone

Right Wing Promoting Fake Voter Fraud Stories

A new nationwide analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, reporters from the investigative reporting projecdt News21 sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

lol

A major probe by the Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop.

Out of the 300 million votes cast in that period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for voter fraud – and many of the cases involved immigrants and former felons who were simply unaware of their ineligibility.

Anyone tell you that you look a lot like George Bush?

1. You do realize that you're quoting a blog, right?

2. Non citizens can register to vote. In some 18 states non citizens are permitted the right to vote. In an additional 25 states, non citizens who have "declared their intent" to become citizens can vote. Federal law prevents non citizens from voting in federal elections.

Never have figured out WHY non citizen's would risk a FELONY to vote/

More Right-Wing Lies About Voting Rights As Another Election Approaches

I'm not arguing that Obama's election would have turned, the evidence here shows that ObamaCare passed ONLY because of the voting of non-citizens who put Franken into office. His was the crucial 60th vote. It's Franken who shouldn't be in office.

So you are giving Franken credit for passing Obamacare? He should use that for his next reelection campaign. Thanks Obama and Al for helping me get insurance at a reasonable price that I couldn't get before for any price, because of a preexisting heart condition. I would have died without my cardiologist.

Oddly, the GOP/TP didn't bother to write that legislation, or any other legislation concerning healthcare unless you count all the giveaways to insurance companies and drug companies. As is the case with most right winger guesses, you are wrong about any subsidies you might think I get.

2. Non citizens can register to vote. In some 18 states non citizens are permitted the right to vote. In an additional 25 states, non citizens who have "declared their intent" to become citizens can vote. Federal law prevents non citizens from voting in federal elections.

Thanks, didn't know that

Democracy for All?: The Case for Restoring Immigrant Voting in the United States
Democracy for All?:
The Case for Restoring Immigrant Voting in the United States

Ron Hayduk, Professor of Political Science
City University of New York (CUNY)

Abstract

Voting is reserved for citizens, right? Not exactly. It is not widely known that immigrants, or noncitizens, currently vote in local elections in Chicago and Maryland. Moreover, campaigns to expand the franchise to noncitizens have been launched in at least a dozen other jurisdictions from coast to coast during the past few decades, including New York, Massachusetts, Washington D.C, California, Maine, Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, and Texas. Some of these campaigns would provide voting rights only to the documented, while other campaigns would extend voting rights to all noncitizens regardless of status. Some measures have been submitted to voters as a ballot proposition for approval (or rejection) while other measures have been passed (or defeated) by elected representatives as local laws.

These contemporary practices have their roots in another little-known fact: for most of the country’s history — from the founding until the 1920s — noncitizens voted in forty states and federal territories in local, state, and even federal elections. Moreover, noncitizens were permitted to – and did – hold public office such as alderman, coroner, and school board member. For most of America’s history and in the vast majority of the United States, voting by noncitizens was the norm not the exception. In short, voting by noncitizens is as American as apple pie and is older than our national pastime (baseball).

The U.S. is hardly alone.
Democracy for All The Case for Restoring Immigrant Voting in the United States Immigrant Movement International

lol

Anyone tell you that you look a lot like George Bush?

You can call me out for LOTS of things, but dammit that crosses the line!

Never have figured out WHY non citizen's would risk a FELONY to vote/

More Right-Wing Lies About Voting Rights As Another Election Approaches

Of course, no non citizen would take that chance. They want to stay under the radar as much as possible. Logic or honesty has never figured into right wing claims before, Why would you think it would start now?

How do you prove citizenship? Birth certificate?
Still waiting on Obutthurt to prove his citizenship.
===========
there is the problem, he can NOT, due to the FACT he is a Kenyan born commie, muslime mulatto son-of-a-bitch :up:

did i miss any other "FACTS" about this illegal alien who stole a dead persons S.S. Number, has no proof of college grades ? the biggest FACT is he is a total FRAUD !! :up:

Well at least you show US you are part of the 2% bat shit crazy crowd Bubba

Here's the rope you need. Make your case. Don't just state gibberish.

Thanks, didn't know that

You still don't. Here, let me play too. During a full moon, dogs turn into cats. See, I wrote something and now you KNOW it.

Here's the rope you need. Make your case. Don't just state gibberish.

Sounds like it is still your rope buddy. Where exactly did you come up with that bit of information. I will certainly entertain any credible source. Breitbart, theBlaze, or any of that ilk is no where near credible, and will not be considered.

Oddly, the GOP/TP didn't bother to write that legislation, or any other legislation concerning healthcare unless you count all the giveaways to insurance companies and drug companies. As is the case with most right winger guesses, you are wrong about any subsidies you might think I get.

If you do not get subsidized then I really feel for you. The amount you must have been having to pay would be astronomical because I priced Obamacare and it ain't cheap regardless of what you say.

The Republicans are not in power and yes you are right Obamacare and the mess it is, is all democrat.

Forum List

Back