NRSC and DSCC Declare Truce on Obamacare Exemption for Staffers

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Collusion by the political elites means special deals for them, while we common people suffer..

Sources in the Senate tell me that, on orders from senior Senate leaders, the NRSC and DSCC, the two groups responsible for electing Republicans and Democrats in the Senate, have declared a truce over the Office of Personnel Management (“OPM”) exemption of Capitol Hill staff from one of the provisions of Obamacare.

In other words, Republican Leaders have agreed the NRSC will not use this issue to put Democrats in a difficult re-election position in 2014, because Republican leaders do not intend to fight it and don’t want a spotlight on them doing so.

Under rules promulgated by OPM, Capitol Hill staff and congressmen will be allowed to continue receiving an employer subsidies from the government.

The problem was rooted in the original text of the Affordable Care Act. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) inserted a provision which said members of Congress and their aides must be covered by plans “created” by the law or “offered through an exchange.” Until now, OPM had not said if the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program could contribute premium payments toward plans on the exchange. If payments stopped, lawmakers and aides would have faced thousands of dollars in additional premium payments each year. Under the old system, the government contributed nearly 75 percent of premium payments.

The sources tell me Senators on both sides of the aisle are deeply, deeply worried about staff retention. While it would normally be an issue ripe for exploration by the GOP, Senate Republican leaders have agreed that they should let it go.

The sources are consistent with this little noticed press release from Louisiana Senator David Vitter in which he noted, “Congressional leaders were part of the private decision.”

Further, Vitter said, “And this behind-closed-doors deal, announced right after Congress is safely away from the crime scene on break, was fully supported by establishment Republicans.”

SOURCES: NRSC and DSCC Declare Truce on Obamacare Exemption for Staffers | RedState

Yup. We peons are gonna have to take Obamacare but Congress, staffers, Unions and others will get exemptions or play it so we taxpayers will have to "subsidize" them.

Yup. The ACA is gonna make HC cheaper and better. I've also got some prime swampland down here in Florida for sale. I'll throw in the gators for free.

Democrat Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid is obviously a LIAR....otherwise the exemption would have never happened...

Reid spokesman Adam Jentleson said Reid has never considered exempting members and staff from the law's insurance exchanges, and will not consider it in the future.

"There are not now, have never been, nor will there ever be any discussions about exempting members of Congress or Congressional staff from Affordable Care Act provisions that apply to any employees of any other public or private employer offering health care"

Read more: Reid: No ObamaCare 'exemption' for lawmakers, staff - The Hill's Healthwatch
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

i guess he doesn't count 'behind closed doors' discussions...

Last edited:
Oh and BTW. How come these Senators and Congressment aren't paying for staffers?? Why are we taxpayers paying for staffers?

Let em pay for their own aides. Good God.

ObamaCare_Waiver_37.jpg

This is way it's gonna be, people with connections will get theirs everyone else will get screwed.:mad:

So it seems all the libs have no problem with this...I thought Obamacare was the greatest thing since sliced bread:confused:

Forum List

Back