Some even in 40s / 50s

We are all just one stroke or accident away

Terrifying to think about

have you ever been in a Nursing home !!
Just hundreds of people in agonizing pain who are completely incapacitated
Some even in 40s / 50s

Not all of them. I miss my father, terribly. It has been two years now. He was financially responsible enough to take out a long-term care policy when he was young. More than thirty years ago. It provided home-health care benefits and he triggered the policy about four years ago. But those benefits were limited to three years. Institutional coverage lasted a lifetime.

My sister and I secured him, and Mom, a spot at a really plush "nursing home". Two bedrooms, right by the front door and the cafeteria, on the ground floor. He would still be with us today if he would have taken it, would have cost him and Mom $600 a month. He wanted to stay home, and had 16 hours a day of nursing care Monday through Friday, all paid for. It was not the same.

It’s another example of how fucked up this country is. We treat our elderly terribly.

Our enormous government with trillions to spend, does nothing to stop the abuses and awful conditions found in many nursing homes. If you don’t have money for a high quality nursing home, you’re in for a living Hell.

It’s another example of how fucked up this country is. We treat our elderly terribly.

Our enormous government with trillions to spend, does nothing to stop the abuses and awful conditions found in many nursing homes. If you don’t have money for a high quality nursing home, you’re in for a living Hell.

I worked in a couple nursing homes. Very different experiences between the two. The one I worked in for 6 years or so wasn't too bad, compared to many others. They had a bankruptcy and the state stepped in to ensure rules and regs were followed- I'd say those folks did try a lot. There were a couple instances of actual abuse that I reported and swift action was taken. It was still a dismal place to be after being a productive member of society for so many years. I grew to detest a lot of the family of these folks. Wretches. The next one I worked in was a scary warehouse/dumping grounds.

It was so depressing it just about breaks your brain. I stuck it out for a couple months, then fled.

Last edited:
Not all of them. I miss my father, terribly. It has been two years now. He was financially responsible enough to take out a long-term care policy when he was young. More than thirty years ago. It provided home-health care benefits and he triggered the policy about four years ago. But those benefits were limited to three years. Institutional coverage lasted a lifetime.

My sister and I secured him, and Mom, a spot at a really plush "nursing home". Two bedrooms, right by the front door and the cafeteria, on the ground floor. He would still be with us today if he would have taken it, would have cost him and Mom $600 a month. He wanted to stay home, and had 16 hours a day of nursing care Monday through Friday, all paid for. It was not the same.

Diid he have a stroke !!
I am very sorry

It’s terrifying!!!

I saw people in 40s and 50s

My mother in law was in a local (Va) nursing home and was relatively comfortable and treated well until she died at 94. Who do we see about the NY nursing homes who were forced by Gov. Cuomo's E.O. to admit Covid infected patients? Thousands died.

Some even in 40s / 50s

Find one that is love or Faith-based.

You live one life. You can find peace in a Home, just choose the right one.

It’s another example of how fucked up this country is. We treat our elderly terribly. Our enormous government with trillions to spend, does nothing to stop the abuses and awful conditions found in many nursing homes. If you don’t have money for a high quality nursing home, you’re in for a living Hell.

Kinda puts that 200 billion we just gave away helping Ukraine, a small country we owe nothing to on the other side of the world into better perspective, doesn't it?

Indeed so

one ems company i worked for would either take them to the ER, or deliver them back

so we got to know a lot of them, as well as the nurses

back in my day there was this old dude incarcerated for whatever reason, dunno his real name but the nurses called him 'romeo'

Said nurses informed me he made it a 'happy place' , and should really not ask Q's

yeah.....Fossil homes s*ck, , but i suppose there are worse ways to go out...... :cool: ~S~

Some even in 40s / 50s
Sadly, I don't doubt that people that young can end up in a home. I used to have aunt who had to be put in a nursing home, and she was there because of her having Alzheimer's Disease and the lady that she shared her room with was also an Alzheimer's patient. The lady's husband was there with her one day that I visit my aunt, and he said that his wife was only 48 years old when she was given the Alzheimer's diagnosis. :( :( :(

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. My aunt went forward on May 2, 2013.

Forum List

Back